Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

My mistake its in millbrooke not near toys r us.

According to the restaurant locators at mcdonalds.co.uk and kfc.co.uk, they do appear to be close together in Millbrook close to the A35. Sign looks rather dry - has it not been raining in Southampton much today? Certainly rained all day in the Midlands.

According to the restaurant locators at mcdonalds.co.uk and kfc.co.uk, they do appear to be close together in Millbrook close to the A35. Sign looks rather dry - has it not been raining in Southampton much today? Certainly rained all day in the Midlands.

If you scroll down under the picture for a bit he says he's in London.

Tancredi Palmeri speculating that Nainggolan is off to Inter not us on Twitter...

Another relevant Palmeri update on another CM we've been linked with.

Wanyama is the second name for Inter midfield in case the Nainggolan deal won't go through

Wonder if Saints are one of the clubs to have "sniffed" at Mr Hunt...should be in for this type IMO. Bargain.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11699/8742728/Transfer-news-Stephen-Hunt-claims-he-could-be-back-in-Premier-League-next-season

EDIT: On second thoughts, he wouldnt be much better than Chaplow.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Lots of talk on Twitter that Saints want Will Buckley for £4m. This is one I REALLY want. Such a good winger.

I see lots of people talking about it, but where has the rumour come from? He'd be a decent signing IMO.

Lots of talk on Twitter that Saints want Will Buckley for £4m. This is one I REALLY want. Such a good winger.

4m would be a good price, but not really any higher. Would be suprised if this is true, he has struggled with injuries, especially hamstring injuries and for a player in his early 20's that would be a concern...

A 31 year old, released by a relegated championship club, ending up in PL....

Ok, he might be released because he cost too much when they are down in L1, but who in the PL would sign him now?

My only answer would be a manager that has had him in his team before, so which ones of the managers in PL is that, if any?? (dont know the answer myself, hence the question)

sounds like the next Lee Holmes.

No, Buckley is miles better than Holmes ever was and has some great attributes. I live in Brighton and they raved about him early in the season, was their most influential player.

He does pick up a lot of strains though - maybe that can sorted, but on the other hand it could get worse. For me would be the only reason why not to sign him.

No, Buckley is miles better than Holmes ever was and has some great attributes. I live in Brighton and they raved about him early in the season, was their most influential player.

He does pick up a lot of strains though - maybe that can sorted, but on the other hand it could get worse. For me would be the only reason why not to sign him.

Continual strains are often a sign of poor living standards.

looks a cracking player to me. Strong and full of confidence. We've shown ourselves that good players from the Championship can shine in the top flight, so we should seriously consider one or two, rather than just look abroad.

looks a cracking player to me. Strong and full of confidence. We've shown ourselves that good players from the Championship can shine in the top flight, so we should seriously consider one or two, rather than just look abroad.

Agree, when i saw him on the telly he looked a really good player with an end product, look at how well players like Snodgrass have done stepping up. When we played with more of the 'winger' type player like Punch we always seemed to do better

So, any real source for this or is it this from Football Rumours site?

30 May 2013 13:46:21

Saints are lining up a £4m bid for Brighton winger Will Buckley.

As a Saints fan I do not no much about him, maybe some of you Brighton fans can shed some light on him, also is the price realistic?

Edited by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Was in the Mirror today. I've spoken to the journo who put the line in there and let's just say, keep an eye on this one.

Meets the usual criteria - young, potential, likely to improve and therefore increase in value.

Buckley would certainly be a good option for plenty of reasons as others have already mentioned. Haven't seen too much of him myself but when I have more often the not he's impressed.

I suppose it comes down to price, he may have a year left on his deal but Brighton (I think!) are fairly financially stable, they will be looking to target a promotion push next season and Poyet may still be a tad bitter so may be less then inclined to play ball with us.

I do wonder if trading them Hammond as a part of the deal is likely, he played quite a lot for them and isnt exactly a bad player to have for a promotion push.

Buckley would certainly be a good option for plenty of reasons as others have already mentioned. Haven't seen too much of him myself but when I have more often the not he's impressed.

I suppose it comes down to price, he may have a year left on his deal but Brighton (I think!) are fairly financially stable, they will be looking to target a promotion push next season and Poyet may still be a tad bitter so may be less then inclined to play ball with us.

I do wonder if trading them Hammond as a part of the deal is likely, he played quite a lot for them and isnt exactly a bad player to have for a promotion push.

I doubt he'll get much say on the matter!

I doubt he'll get much say on the matter!

I imagine they'l stick with him. I dont even think he did too much wrong. Poyet has ambitions, the club did not spend as much as other clubs in the league, he used the media to say he'd consider his options. Naive yes but all he was doing was saying something that maybe was best being kept private. Above all else he seems to be a good for them.

Even if he stays though I admit I have no idea how involved he is in player recruitment etc.

Think Buckley would be a good signing for us, similar to Jay Rod and Clyne in that he's a very well regarded player in the Championship. 8 goals in 38 appearances this season, quite similar to what Punch and Lallana did at that level. Think he'll slot into our setup very well and will improve as a player under Poch - got the energy to be very effective on the wing for us. As long as we don't pay over the odds for him (somewhere between £3-5m I think is reasonable) he'd be a good acquisition for us.

A bit slow to report this but it sounds like we had scouts at the Japan v Bulgaria match to watch Hiroshi Kiyotake? He replaced Yoshida at half time.

Seriously how does one know who our scouts are looking at if they are in attendance?

I remember a time when Strachan was watching a game between West Ham & Saints with the rumours being he was going to become WHU new manager.

A day later we sacked our manager and he was installed straight away. (was it Stuart Gray?)