Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

not according to L'Equipe (who might just know) 25 million € for Moutihno and 45 million € for Rodriguez.

L'AS Monaco a annoncé ce vendredi avoir trouvé un accord avec le FC Porto pour le transfert de l'international portugais Joao Moutinho (26 ans) et de l'attaquant international colombien James Rodriguez (21 ans). Le club portugais a confirmé cet accord sur son site officiel, précisant que le montant de la transaction s'élève à 70 millions d'euros. «Pour garantir les droits sportifs et économiques des deux joueurs, Monaco a payé 70 millions d'euros (45 par James, 25 pour Moutinho)», est-il indiqué dans le communiqué de Porto.

And from Porto themselves

http://www.fcporto.pt/English/News/news_eng_futjamesmoutinhomonaco_240513_75604.asp

good rumour though, nearly as good as KD in Sainsbury's

I've got absolutely no idea if it's true or not, just thought it's a clever idea.

Chris Brunt is out of contract next month and unlike all of our attacking midfielders can deliver a dead ball properly.

http://threeandin.com/?p=20864

WBA's Brunt, Fulham's Diarra and Reading's Pearce is who this article links us with. Brunt would be a useful signing I agree, I'm not sure Pearce would add anything more than we already have, and Diarra is at the tail end of his career, so no to those two. Surely WBA wouldn't want to lose Brunt though? He's only 28.

I might watch some of the Rome derby, who am I supposed to be looking out for ?

As for Celtic-Hibs err no thanks.

The various players mentioned in this thread, but Osvaldo particularly. Can't see us signing him, but he's been mentioned so much and it should be a cracking game, so worth a watch. Yeah Scottish final ain't great, think Hooper scored both.

So what?

If someone on Twitter said "Newcastle have told Man Utd it will cost them £25m to sign Cabaye" and Paul Gascoigne retweeted it, does that make it anymore credible?

It would make it less credible as he isn't on twitter whereas Claus is.

Saints told Chelsea shaws worth 15 and told arsenal schneiderlins worth 10.

Which, of course, is complete arse - someone's made that up based on how much they've heard of each player. Morgan is worth more than Shaw at the moment - and while the Shaw valuation isn't far off IMO, Morgan's is much lower than we'd get.

Southampton are considering a bid of £2.5mil plus Romelu Lukaku from Chelsea for Luke Shaw.

yes please especially with Targget coming through........who by opinion is supposed to be an even better prospect than Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke!!!

Which, of course, is complete arse - someone's made that up based on how much they've heard of each player. Morgan is worth more than Shaw at the moment - and while the Shaw valuation isn't far off IMO, Morgan's is much lower than we'd get.

I don't think Morgan's worth more necessarily - six years older and foreign, which brings his price down if you're selling to an English club.

Six years is the difference between 'exciting young prospect' Adam Lallana and 'getting on a bit' Rickie Lambert. Amazing when you think of it that way

Corriere dello Sport are reporting that Sants have made an €18m bid for Radja Nainggolan: http://www.corrieredellosport.it/calcio/serie_a/cagliari/2013/05/26-322812/Cagliari%3A+Nainggolan+chiesto+dal+Southampton

We were linked to him in January, non?

18 million Euros, about 12 million pounds? For a central midfielder capped 4 times by Belgium and 25 years old.

Edited by Colinjb

I don't think Morgan's worth more necessarily - six years older and foreign, which brings his price down if you're selling to an English club.

Six years is the difference between 'exciting young prospect' Adam Lallana and 'getting on a bit' Rickie Lambert. Amazing when you think of it that way

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but doesn't he meet the criteria of "homegrown" - in which case that increases his value significantly for an english club, but not sure what that does to his value for overseas?

We were linked to him in January, non?

18 million Euros, about 12 million pounds? For a central midfielder capped 4 times by Belgium and 25 years old.

I don't know much about him, but that seems an awful lot of money for someone only capped 4 times. It's actually probably closer to £15m as well...