Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

I don't know much about him, but that seems an awful lot of money for someone only capped 4 times. It's actually probably closer to £15m as well...

Caps not a good judge IMO. Morgan has none for France yet is easily worth 15. Belgium have some excellent midfielders and he is in the squad at the moment I think.

I don't know much about him, but that seems an awful lot of money for someone only capped 4 times. It's actually probably closer to £15m as well...

bearing in mind he has Fellaini, Defour, Witsel, Dembele to name a but a few ahead of him.

Caps not a good judge IMO. Morgan has none for France yet is easily worth 15. Belgium have some excellent midfielders and he is in the squad at the moment I think.

bearing in mind he has Fellaini, Defour, Witsel, Dembele to name a but a few ahead of him.

Both very good points.

Been watched by Spurs, Man City and Inter. Strong defensive midfielder with good range of passing. An upgraded Jack Cork basically

Also looks like Quashie, so will intimidate opposition by being a truly ugly bastard who looks up for a scrap.

If Nainggollan plays for the same club as Astori, then perhaps a joint deal is on the cards ?

Maybe thats where Cortese is, with Gaston going the other way?

Talking of club deals let's also go get Salah and Dragovic from Basel - both young, quality players

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but doesn't he meet the criteria of "homegrown" - in which case that increases his value significantly for an english club, but not sure what that does to his value for overseas?

For an overseas team it will do very little.

However, the fact it is an overseas team doesn't mean he is worth any less to the selling club, so he would be at a similar price anyway.

So current (reliable(ish)) rumours see us strengthening with Gamez at RB (approx £5m) and Nainggolan at CM (approx £15m). Now I agree that we need strength in depth, but personally I'd rather see us invest more of the money available in a winger, striker and a CB. Clyne, Cork, Schneiderlin were without doubt 3 of our best players last season and whilst I appreciate when they were injured we struggled to find quality replacements, I'd personally rather see us strengthen the weaker positions in our strongest side and then look for cheaper, bargain buys for bench/squad players.

]Don't think we'll sign that many players' date=' 2 or 3 probably.[/b'] Wouldn't go near Bent.

it maybe hard to consider that we need many more, but as we are getting rid of about a dozen (one way or another...free /OOC/ transfers out).......pretty sure we'll be looking at 5-6 new faces, ( but perhaps not all first team certs, though)

You're about 3.3 mill out with your exchange rate calc there

Good job i'm not in that field then. ;) Best not to do maths after a skinful on a bank holiday weekend!

Going on about a 1.25 euro to the pound rate, last time I was in Malta it was actually closer to 1.18 euro. So £15 mill is about bang on.

Nathaniel Chalobah also looks a good player. Box to box midfielder and under 21 England player. Only 18.

I'd say yes to him, but Chelsea would definitely what to use him as leverage for shaw. Plus if we're trying to push on then I can't see an 18 year old being brought in and it significantly improving the squad enough.

Nathaniel Chalobah also looks a good player. Box to box midfielder and under 21 England player. Only 18.

Chelsea really rate Nathaniel, one of three players to recieve an A* in their academy rating.

Chelsea really rate Nathaniel, one of three players to recieve an A* in their academy rating.

Which means he will never play for them

Look at the fuss they make about mchecran. Yet he will never really play for chelsea

Which means he will never play for them

Look at the fuss they make about mchecran. Yet he will never really play for chelsea

True as Josh was the first ever Chelsea academy player to be given an A*

Nixon reckons there are legs in this Nainggollon story...and Cortese is still in Italy and to "not rule anything out" when he was asked about Lamela...

Lamela might be a bit over ambitious after reading this article :

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/395918/Manchester-City-to-up-offer-for-Roma-s-Erik-Lamela-after-opening-bid-is-rejected

Man City interested, £18.5m bid ?

Nixon reckons there are legs in this Nainggollon story...and Cortese is still in Italy and to "not rule anything out" when he was asked about Lamela...

If it was nothing into it I think Nixon would´ve laughed it off, now he didn´t. But his sources in Italy are probably not so good that he can have strong opinions on which players that might be involved...