Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Well only 13 clubs finished higher than us and 2 of those were Norwich and Stoke. We've got to be a pretty attractive prospect for a lot of the quality around this summer.

I'd say we're probably about 7th in the list of attractive clubs in England, if the Liebherrs have got the cash to back Cortese's ambitions. There are the Champions League clubs obviously, then Spurs and Liverpool who will probably be likely candidates next season. After that it's pretty much all about the money.

Double deal with Roma for Lamela and Osvaldo anyone...? Put Gaston on a plane with a fair amount of cash and you never know ;)

Based solely on what I have read here http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/05/is-it-time-for-roma-and-osvaldo-to-kiss-and-make-up/ I would prefer Lamela rather than Osvaldo.

Plays right midfield/forward and is more of a team player.

If anyone is really a bored a list of all the Argentineans who play in Serie A maybe useful.

Nzonzi wants to leave Stoke. Not surprised he was far too good for them. Not sure about his "agent" influence though

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/stoke-city/10077100/Stoke-City-midfielder-Steven-Nzonzi-submits-transfer-request.html

He would be a good addition to our midfield group

Cork had him in his pocket both games. Average IMO.

why the fuss about biglia?

He was cracking on football manager ;)

From what I understand he was hyped as a future star for Argentina and had the bigger clubs, including Arsenal, circling however this year he's had off the field issues and has been a poor season for him so his mob may want to cash in. Might be a deal to be done but im personally more excited by the prospect of wanayama.

He was cracking on football manager ;)

From what I understand he was hyped as a future star for Argentina and had the bigger clubs, including Arsenal, circling however this year he's had off the field issues and has been a poor season for him so his mob may want to cash in. Might be a deal to be done but im personally more excited by the prospect of wanayama.

who won't be signing for us as likely as not.

Nzonzi wants to leave Stoke. Not surprised he was far too good for them. Not sure about his "agent" influence though

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/stoke-city/10077100/Stoke-City-midfielder-Steven-Nzonzi-submits-transfer-request.html

He would be a good addition to our midfield group

No thank you - not much good and dirty - trouble maker who gets in lots of trouble.

Vermalen for 5 million would be duh a statement. Left footed to replace jos and can cover at left back for Shaw when injured. Jos does well against big hoof teams but think we can sell him at a reasonable price and replace him with a cb that can cope with all types if opposition.

Wouldn't fancy nzonzi awful discipline as shown in our away game.

Would love osvaldo and think we should bid early for Mohamed Walsh from FC Basel. He is a great player and I think would bring more out of Gaston too. In fact he would be my first choice signing with astori.

Was at St Marys last night at a sporting club dinner, and can confirm NC is not / has not been in Italy this week !!

Can you expand on that some more? Just seeing Cortese at St Mary's last night doesn't mean he wasn't in Italy earlier in the week. Did he or someone else tell you he wasn't in Italy this week or that he was doing something else?

Osvaldo has bundles of talent but has attitude problems. When he can be bothered he is almost unplayable.

Amended. ;)

Speaking as a follower of Roma as my foreign side, I can say that Osvaldo is genuinely one of the best strikers in Europe on his day, he has absolutely everything you'd want in a striker, wonderful technique, scores all types of goals, great physique, he's not lightning quick but he's not slow by any means. Unfortunately, when he decides he can't be bothered he is a real pain in the arse. He really divides opinion between the fans in Rome, some love him, some absolutely hate him and whistle his every touch. He'd be an amazing signing for us, but he really needs to sort out his attitude.

Absolutely zero chance of us signing Lamela, who is absolute quality as well.

Had a chat with the security guy at the front desk who said he'd been around all week.....

That still isn't conclusive... ;)

Wednesday morning

- Cortese walks into St Mary's and is spotted by security guard

Wednesday lunchtime

- Cortese leaves St Mary's and is spotted by security guard

Wednesday afternoon

- Cortese flies to Italy to have talks with an Italian club

Thursday morning

- Cortese flies back to England

Thursday lunchtime

- Cortese arrives at St Mary's and is spotted by security guard

Thursday evening

- Security guard tells Kingsland Red that Cortese has "been around all week".

That may well be so but as the conversation started with me chirpily saying ' I hear NC's in Italy this week' and his retort being a smile with 'I dont think so, he's been around here all week'.

( I do know said security guard / steward on match days )

Monaco are not on the same level playing field as the rest of the clubs in France or anyone else in Europe.

They have to pay way less tax to employ players than other clubs (3 times less if i recall) and players pay much less in income tax every than in France.

Expect a lot of players wanting to go there this summer. The French press are already announcing Falcao to sign there on monday. Oh and they have a loaded Russian Billionaire as owner so that helps too ;-)

Monaco are not on the same level playing field as the rest of the clubs in France or anyone else in Europe.

They have to pay way less tax to employ players than other clubs (3 times less if i recall) and players pay much less in income tax every than in France.

Expect a lot of players wanting to go there this summer. The French press are already announcing Falcao to sign there on monday. Oh and they have a loaded Russian Billionaire as owner so that helps too ;-)

Monaco's French players pay their tax in France, no idea whatsoever how many French players they have though. It's impossible for a French national to be domiciled in Monaco for tax purposes,unless they were resident there before 1957, that's why Johnny Haliday suddenly wanted to be Belgian.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I really can't see the point of players going to Monaco other than money. Surely, surely you can't be motivated by playing in front of 6,000 people every week? Sure, nice life but...

"Monaco is one of the most successful clubs in France, having won seven league titles and five Coupe de France trophies. The club has also regularly competed in European football having been runners-up in both the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup and UEFA Champions League in 1992 and 2004, respectively.

Monaco enjoyed success in the 1970s and late 1980s during the managerial tenures of Lucien Leduc and Arsène Wenger, during which the club was amongst the leading lights of European football. Monaco's traditional colours are red and white, and the club is known as Les Rouge et Blanc (The Red and White). Monaco is also a member of the European Club Association. In December 2011, two-thirds of the club was sold to an investment group led by Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev."

There's quite a few reasons to join them. The ground may only hold just over 18,000 - but it's a decent enough club.

The strange thing about the Moutinho/Rodriguez deal is that the 70m euros is allegedly split so Monaco are paying 69m for Rdoriguez and 1m for Moutinho so Porto can minimize the amount they have to give to Sporting as part of the sell on clause in Moutinho's contract.

The strange thing about the Moutinho/Rodriguez deal is that the 70m euros is allegedly split so Monaco are paying 69m for Rdoriguez and 1m for Moutinho so Porto can minimize the amount they have to give to Sporting as part of the sell on clause in Moutinho's contract.

Very cheeky, Cortese would be proud.