Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

can't remember all that much about him but last time I saw Anderlecht (which wasn't all that long ago) I sort of remember him as being a bit of a wimp and there's one thing for sure wimps do not make it in the PL.

it was said that he took an age to get to grips with Belgium football and has mood swings etc, reckons the immediate pace and physicality of the premier league will be too much for him.

Said he is a 'neat and tidy' player that knits the play together

The Mirror's Alan Nixon today says...

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko

Just about trying to agree fees now. Gamez. Erazo. Maybe Wanyama. Among others.

Wanyama is very highly rated. Think he'd be a great signing.

Don't know much about the other two. I'd trust MP's judgement on Gamez though.

don't fancy anyone from scottish football, it's such an unfathomable entity. Could be good, could be another Skacel.

I think Wanayama has shown class in europe for celtic. I'd take him in a heartbeat. On another note somebody, prize for remembering you, claimed we had a deal lined up for Wells at Bradford. He's scored today. Seems like more of a reading signing to me but chdaju?

I think Wanayama has shown class in europe for celtic. I'd take him in a heartbeat. On another note somebody, prize for remembering you, claimed we had a deal lined up for Wells at Bradford. He's scored today. Seems like more of a reading signing to me but chdaju?

don't really think Wanyama is the type of player we'd pay serious money for, he seems to be indisciplined and erratic. had one good game against Barca but that's not a reason to pay 8 or so million for an unknown entity. Let Arsenal or Everton have him, their loss will probably be our gain when he passes straight to JRod 20 yards out..

don't really think Wanyama is the type of player we'd pay serious money for, he seems to be indisciplined and erratic. had one good game against Barca but that's not a reason to pay 8 or so million for an unknown entity. Let Arsenal or Everton have him, their loss will probably be our gain when he passes straight to JRod 20 yards out..

Entitled to your opinion of course but I disagree. Not a strong follower of football north of the border but seen enough to think he would be a quality addition. Besides im sure if we do bid for him he's not an unknown entity, he'l have been sufficiently scouted ;)

don't fancy anyone from scottish football, it's such an unfathomable entity. Could be good, could be another Skacel.

What, a talented player who we will fail badly to get fit for about six months, then drop him, bring him back at LB and get him seriously p*ssed off by continuous managerial changes and board room shenanigans?

I don't think that will happen again under this regime. If they're good enough, bring them in. I'd have no problems with another Skacel. It's another Neil McCann I don't want.

does that include wages?

probably, it's just about 3 years mid-table PL income. When you add on 3 years ticket sales you get somewhere over 300 million, not counting any commercial revenue.............If we can't make a buck or two on that sort of income we'll look right silly.

Mehdi Benatia - Udinese - Centre Back - 26yrs old on Transfermarkt for 11mill Euro's and 11th best player in Serie A this season according to Whoscored

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/108/Tournaments/5/Seasons/3512/Stages/6739/PlayerStatistics/Italy-Serie-A-2012-2013

Sounds intriguing - wants to come to English football and no where in the article does he say he wants to play for Man U.

http://sabotagetimes.com/reportage/mehdi-benatia-the-udinese-hard-man-who-wants-to-play-for-man-utd/

Edited by Convict Colony
Not Tunisian

Available free transfers on this link. For some reason the search engine doesn´t work as it should when selecting no league so you have to go through the leagues one by one.

I could find a few both in Russia, Netherland and some interesting youngsters in Segunda Division in Spain for example....

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics_GB1_2013.html

Available free transfers on this link. For some reason the search engine doesn´t work as it should when selecting no league so you have to go through the leagues one by one.

I could find a few both in Russia, Netherland and some interesting youngsters in Segunda Division in Spain for example....

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics_GB1_2013.html

possible ones that catch the eye for me

Figueroa

Brunt

Benatia is an absolute beast - he'd easily turn a couple of those draws and defeats into wins/draws. He can be bullied in the air a bit sometimes but on the ground he's top dog, not a lot gets past him.

Did he play when we got smashed by them in pre-season ?

See Sinan Bolat at Standard is out of contract in the summer - would be a great signing for us in goal I reckon. Good competition for Artur, meaning Gazza can go out on loan for some experience and Kelvin can concentrate on his coaching more.

Seems an odd one, wouldn't he want to be first choice? Not much chance of that.

Be good to have squad depth in all positions.

We got lucky that clyne hardly missed games and did not drop much in form.

He is still quite young I guess

Be good to have squad depth in all positions.

We got lucky that clyne hardly missed games and did not drop much in form.

He is still quite young I guess

Would still be strange that a player that played in the Champs League Quater finals would be happy sat on our bench for the majority of the season. Would be great to get him in, just looks like it'd be difficult to keep him and Clyne happy.

Would still be strange that a player that played in the Champs League Quater finals would be happy sat on our bench for the majority of the season. Would be great to get him in, just looks like it'd be difficult to keep him and Clyne happy.

Why would he sit on the bench? He might be miles better than clyne. Clyne may get dropped and raise his game more than he may have done???

Why would he sit on the bench? He might be miles better than clyne. Clyne may get dropped and raise his game more than he may have done???
Well one of them would have to be on the bench and I can't see either being happy with that at the stage of their careers.

Clyne is a superb right back...England quality no doubt...i see us only bringing a cover right back as he is the first choice. I think we need a left back far more as Shaw is very young and can't be relied upon to play 30 games a season.

Have heard we are strongly linked to Aspas and are looking to wrap up the signing...Celta have been relegated and he can play in the hole or up front and is very highly rated

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iago_Aspas

Clyne is a superb right back...England quality no doubt...i see us only bringing a cover right back as he is the first choice. I think we need a left back far more as Shaw is very young and can't be relied upon to play 30 games a season.

Have heard we are strongly linked to Aspas and are looking to wrap up the signing...Celta have been relegated and he can play in the hole or up front and is very highly rated

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iago_Aspas

Where did you hear that if you don't mind me asking?

A good friend of mine is a football agent and he told me about a few days ago...we face competition from Swansea for his signature...

but at 25 years old and very versatile...he would be a superb buy if we can pull it off

A goal every three games is a good return. What sort of price would we be looking at? Circa £5m?

A good friend of mine is a football agent and he told me about a few days ago...we face competition from Swansea for his signature...

but at 25 years old and very versatile...he would be a superb buy if we can pull it off

Cheers, had seen the stories linking him to Swansea. Has your mate heard anything else?

Obligatory video....

[video=youtube;hKihD-loPbM]

Looks like a good little player, scores from inside the box which is what we do a lot of the time, but capable of the odd screamer.

Can we get this tater to work along side Dave Merrington next year?

Mehdi Benatia - Udinese - Centre Back - 26yrs old on Transfermarkt for 11mill Euro's and 11th best player in Serie A this season according to Whoscored

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/108/Tournaments/5/Seasons/3512/Stages/6739/PlayerStatistics/Italy-Serie-A-2012-2013

Sounds intriguing - wants to come to English football and no where in the article does he say he wants to play for Man U.

http://sabotagetimes.com/reportage/mehdi-benatia-the-udinese-hard-man-who-wants-to-play-for-man-utd/

Not that this ever had legs for us outside my brain I see once I posted the above Napoli have been rumoured to be eager to make a move for 14mil.

"Napoli are close to signing Udinese's Mehdi Benatia with an offer of €13-15million (Alfredo Pedulla)" Transfer Central Twitter https://twitter.com/TransferNewsCen

Not that this ever had legs for us outside my brain I see once I posted the above Napoli have been rumoured to be eager to make a move for 14mil.

"Napoli are close to signing Udinese's Mehdi Benatia with an offer of €13-15million (Alfredo Pedulla)" Transfer Central Twitter https://twitter.com/TransferNewsCen

Possibly still has a knock on for us. Napoli were one of the main rivals for Davide Astori, so if they've potentially moved on, we may be getting somewhere with Astori.

That Austin link is probably just agent generated. Can't believe we'd be interested now, got a feeling we'll be looking more into the European market and international level players rather than championship players. If we wanted Austin, we could save our bucks and keep Sharp instead! I rate them both as pretty much similar level players.

It's probably a link left over from the Adkins reign. Would be staggered if we sign any Champ players this summer.

That Austin link is probably just agent generated. Can't believe we'd be interested now, got a feeling we'll be looking more into the European market and international level players rather than championship players. If we wanted Austin, we could save our bucks and keep Sharp instead! I rate them both as pretty much similar level players.

It's probably a link left over from the Adkins reign. Would be staggered if we sign any Champ players this summer.

I could understand Clyne-esque type signings - young and talented footballers that will only get better, but I agree with you that Sharp and Austin are similar level strikers.

Charlie Austin, Kieran Trippier, Martin Olsson, Liam Bridcutt - 4 young players under 24 who will move probably move to the premier league this summer.

Is it worth taking a look at them? Yes it is! They would all add to the squad - improve on what we've got in reserve and add some strength in depth in key positions.

Jack Rodwell, Scott Sinclair, Josh McCrachan, John Guidetti are another 4 younger players worth taking a look at for the same reason. All 4 of them need to move so they can get some game time - and they all have the talent to make it in he premier league.

It's these kinds of players we need to sign along with one or two big surprises from abroad. Antoine Griezman, Hector Moreno, victor Ruiz, Adrian Lopez, Douglas Franco Teixeira, Jose Callejon, Keisuke Honda, Lucas Biglia - one or two of those would do.

Don't think Sharp is in the same class as Austin - he certainly didn't score anything like a similar amount of goals last season and struggled to hold down a regular place for Forest.