Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

the alleged victim visited the 26-year-old Premier League striker at his flat last week believing him to be alone.

It is alleged that when she arrived his cousin and friends were also present, she was offered a drink and lost consciousness...

oh that's unlucky. What are the chances!

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130515/newcastle-and-southampton-keen-anderlecht-star-197615

Newcastle and Southampton are trailing Anderlecht's Cheikhou Kouyate.The versatile 23-year-old is ready to leave the Belgian club, having played for them since 2008.

He can play in defence or midfield and scouts from numerous Premier League clubs have watched him this season.

Arsenal were said to be keen on the Senegal international but their interest has apparently cooled.

That leaves Newcastle and Southampton as the frontrunners to land Kouyate.

What do you know SNSUN, you only got one more than me in the grammar test and two less that bear on his third attempt. ;)

I hang my head in shame and no longer wish to be taken seriously when I am ITK. Which is never anyway!

Remy's price might drop dramatically now...

What a bell-end! He'd be sought after all summer but now he goes and does that and potentially ruins his career. If he did it. Which he probably did. But I am not ITK.

I hang my head in shame and no longer wish to be taken seriously when I am ITK. Which is never anyway!

What a bell-end! He'd be sought after all summer but now he goes and does that and potentially ruins his career. If he did it. Which he probably did. But I am not ITK.

:rolleyes:

lets see how it pans out eh. There is an increasing number of this type of case; hardly any of them come to anything in the end.

Not that I'm saying that there are a lot of skanks who prey on overpaid and underbrained footballers, oh no. :rolleyes:

Swansea are close to signing Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku, 20, on loan and have also reached an agreement with 25-year-old Real Betis midfielder Jose Canas who is out of contract this summer, according to the Daily Mail.

Great move for them if they can pull that off.

Swansea are close to signing Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku, 20, on loan and have also reached an agreement with 25-year-old Real Betis midfielder Jose Canas who is out of contract this summer, according to the Daily Mail.

Great move for them if they can pull that off.

Michu, playing in behind Lukaku.

That would work.

I think Chelsea want a ready made Drogba and they see him as being still a bit raw, which to be fair he is - his levels of performances can be very erratic, so another year of playing regular PL football at a top half club doesn't doanyone any harm. He's still got 4/5 years on his contract, so Chelsea are letting other teams develop him basically.

He will be a starter for them in a year or so, but personally they've studied him more than we have and can probably see he'd benefit from another year of regular, first name on the team sheet football.

Swansea manage some great signings and get their business done quietly and quickly...we could learn a thing or two

They've not signed either of them yet though, have they? So therefore, it's not exactly going to be done quietly is it? This is exactly the same as articles linking us with Jesus Gamez, Adrian etc.

Once they confirm the signings, it's up for debate, until then it's all still media based stuff which is what we also are receiving.

Couple of bits from the papers about stuff relating to us:-

-- The Daily Express also reports that Arsenal, Tottenham and Fulham are tracking Watford striker Matej Vydra, who has yet to decide whether to return to parent club Udinese, stay at Watford or move elsewhere.

-- Chelsea and Tottenham have both made moves for 17-year-old Southampton left-back Luke Shaw, according to The Times.

Michu, playing in behind Lukaku.

That would work.

I think Chelsea want a ready made Drogba and they see him as being still a bit raw, which to be fair he is - his levels of performances can be very erratic, so another year of playing regular PL football at a top half club doesn't doanyone any harm. He's still got 4/5 years on his contract, so Chelsea are letting other teams develop him basically.

He will be a starter for them in a year or so, but personally they've studied him more than we have and can probably see he'd benefit from another year of regular, first name on the team sheet football.

Why aren't WBA keeping him on for another season?

-- Chelsea and Tottenham have both made moves for 17-year-old Southampton left-back Luke Shaw, according to The Times.

Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea have made approaches for Luke Shaw, the Southampton left back, in the hope of exploiting the managerial uncertainty at the South Coast club.

Mauricio Pochettino, the Southampton manager, gave his support yesterday to Nicola Cortese, his executive chairman, who has threatened to leave unless he receives the backing of the trust that owns the club. “I would not understand staying in this role if Nicola was not here, he has been the one that has placed his trust in me,” said Pochettino, who was appointed in January when Nigel Adkins was dismissed.

The situation at Southampton has led Arsenal to increase their interest in Morgan Schneiderlin, but it is the future of Shaw that is of concern. Tottenham, who also had talks last week with David Villa, the Barcelona forward, are looking for a replacement for Benoît Assou-Ekotto, whose form has dipped this season and is likely to be sold in the summer.

Shaw, 17, is regarded as the best young left back in the country after coming through the Southampton academy and making his debut this season. He has made 21 league starts in this campaign and has been capped by England at junior level and has been called up to the under-21 squad that will play at the European Championship finals in Israel next month.

Chelsea have also expressed an interest in Shaw after doubts about Ryan Bertrand being a suitable successor to Ashley Cole, who recently signed a one-year contract to remain at Stamford Bridge. Shaw is a fan of Chelsea, making them a more likely destination.

Arsenal are also hoping to take advantage of the problems at Southampton with a move for Schneiderlin, the holding midfielder who has been capped by France at under-21 level. The 23-year-old joined Southampton from Strasbourg in June 2008 for £1 million.

Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea have made approaches for Luke Shaw, the Southampton left back, in the hope of exploiting the managerial uncertainty at the South Coast club.

Mauricio Pochettino, the Southampton manager, gave his support yesterday to Nicola Cortese, his executive chairman, who has threatened to leave unless he receives the backing of the trust that owns the club. “I would not understand staying in this role if Nicola was not here, he has been the one that has placed his trust in me,” said Pochettino, who was appointed in January when Nigel Adkins was dismissed.

The situation at Southampton has led Arsenal to increase their interest in Morgan Schneiderlin, but it is the future of Shaw that is of concern. Tottenham, who also had talks last week with David Villa, the Barcelona forward, are looking for a replacement for Benoît Assou-Ekotto, whose form has dipped this season and is likely to be sold in the summer.

Shaw, 17, is regarded as the best young left back in the country after coming through the Southampton academy and making his debut this season. He has made 21 league starts in this campaign and has been capped by England at junior level and has been called up to the under-21 squad that will play at the European Championship finals in Israel next month.

Chelsea have also expressed an interest in Shaw after doubts about Ryan Bertrand being a suitable successor to Ashley Cole, who recently signed a one-year contract to remain at Stamford Bridge. Shaw is a fan of Chelsea, making them a more likely destination.

Arsenal are also hoping to take advantage of the problems at Southampton with a move for Schneiderlin, the holding midfielder who has been capped by France at under-21 level. The 23-year-old joined Southampton from Strasbourg in June 2008 for £1 million.

When exactly can Shaw sign his contract?

Right since i have time to waste i decided to scope for players who are highly rated this season by Whoscored.com and look at key positions of RM, CB and another possible of All Round midfielder who can fill both Jack/Morgans roles. I haven't seen any of these players on tv so I will be interested if anyone follows these leagues if the below aligns with what you've seen.

My top picks are based on a few factors, its got to be within the realms of possibility (ie taking into account our "new" cash amount for this season but not messi or some other known superstar or are from Italian/Spanish leagues where wages are reduced even though they play for big teams), average rating over the season 7+, 26yrs or under, they have to be able to be incorporated into our style of play (i.e know how to press and keep possession) and their strengths are the skills we need in that position (cross or through balls etc).

For a comparison on the ratings our highest rating player this season is Morgan on 7.25 and only him and ricky are over 7 as their average rating.

Right Midfielder - Upgrade on Punch

Patrick Ebert (Current - Valladoloid, Previous - Hertha Berlin) - German

Market Value - 3 Million Euro's (transfermarkt)

Average Rating this season- 7.56

Key Strengths:

Crossing - Very Strong

Key passes - Strong

Direct free kicks- Strong

Taking set-pieces - Strong

Through balls - Strong

Holding on to the ball - Strong

Style of Play -

Likes to play long balls

Likes to shoot from distance

Likes to do layoffs

Likes to cross

Plays the ball off the ground often

Comments:

Has injury record before this season, no injuries in this current season and has performed well against Madrid and Barcelona (http://www.whoscored.com/Players/13750)

Centre Back Upgrade on Jose/Jos - Ball playing CB

Andrea Ranocchia (Current - Inter, Previous Bari & Genoa) - Italian

Market Value - 16-18 Million Euro's (transfermarkt)

Average Rating this season- 7.45

Key Strengths:

Aerial Duels - Strong

Passing - Strong

Blocking the ball - Strong

Tackling - strong

Style of Play -

Likes to dribble

Likes to tackle

Comments:

No significant weakness or injury record and Poch could already know a great deal about him from Walter Samuel, italian CB grow on tree's over there so think Inter could sell and wages wise we could probably provide a decent increase. (http://www.whoscored.com/Players/27421/)

The Complete All Round Midfielder upgrade on Jack as he doesn't score enough, this guy is my fancy buy who can also fill in for morgan.

Arturo Vidal (Current - Juventus, Previous - Bayern Leverkusen and Colo Colo) - Chilean (plays for the national team under Sampoli another Biesla disciple)

Market Value - 26 Million Euro's (transfermarkt) yes I know but this is a assuming we now have lots of cash to spend purchase and Juventus would spend money on a fancy upgrade elsewhere.

Average Rating this season- 7.74

Key Strengths:

Finishing - Very Strong

Tackling -Very Strong

Passing - Strong

Through balls - Strong

Key passes - Strong

Taking set-pieces - Strong

Aerial Duels - Strong

Defensive contribution - Strong

Style of Play -

Likes to do layoffs

Likes to play short passes

Likes to tackle

Likes to cross

Comments:

This is an aspirational one as there are lots of assumptions here but with 10 goals in serie a and 8 assists this guy seems like the complete midfielder who loves the defensive side of things. Maybe a stretch but if we really do have lots of cash then he is one (based on stats) that I would like to fill Jack's role. (http://www.whoscored.com/Players/25008)

Vidal, seriously? If he leaves Juventus he will move to Real, Barca, Man City. We would't even come into his thoughts. Same with Andrea as well, they're both first choice players at the worlds biggest clubs. They aren't going to come here, wherever we do.

The 1st option is a bit more realistic though!

hahhaaha as I said aspirational Vidal it was based on the Don's skills in persuading one of the young talents of world football (ramirez) to come here last year.

As I said I'd not seen him but am surprised that Ronocchia isn't rated Saint-Amstrong, he can't be that bad.

You'd also be surprised how many 20 mil plus players there are and if we do indeed spend that money on any position this summer then each one of them would of thought of themselves as destined for greater things.

Maybe 20mil is our ceiling as players above that only will want to go to big clubs and we should be operating to 15mil below.

Edited by Convict Colony

If we're looking at players in Italy we could do worse than having a look at Jonathan Biabiany who's at Parma now (I think). Remember him in the kids leagues around Paris, went to Inter I think very young but I don't know why he's at Parma and not Inter now.... Sort of winger, advanced midfielder who might compete well in the PL

If we're looking at players in Italy we could do worse than having a look at Jonathan Biabiany who's at Parma now (I think). Remember him in the kids leagues around Paris, went to Inter I think very young but I don't know why he's at Parma and not Inter now.... Sort of winger, advanced midfielder who might compete well in the PL

Your right, got very good scores when he is forward right and is at Parma - http://www.whoscored.com/Players/41237/

The Mirror's Alan Nixon today says...

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko Protected account 2h

Just about trying to agree fees now. Gamez. Erazo. Maybe Wanyama. Among others.

but Gamez is a right back, does that mean we're going to use Clyne in a more forward position ?

but Gamez is a right back, does that mean we're going to use Clyne in a more forward position ?

At the moment we have 2 Premier League quality fullbacks in Clyne and Shaw, plus Championship quality cover in Fox and Richardson.

Signing Gamez would give us 3 Premier League quality fullbacks. Gamez and Clyne can compete/cover each other for right back and if Shaw is missing through injury/suspension Gamez can play right back and Clyne left back.

At the moment we have 2 Premier League quality fullbacks in Clyne and Shaw, plus Championship quality cover in Fox and Richardson.

Signing Gamez would give us 3 Premier League quality fullbacks. Gamez and Clyne can compete/cover each other for right back and if Shaw is missing through injury/suspension Gamez can play right back and Clyne left back.

but no doubt they all want to play most of the time but I see the point on the Clyne/Shaw interchange from time to time....

Alex Song is staying at Barca, well according to him he is anyway.

Well, having a fight with Pique on the top of the bus during their victory parade won't have helped his cause much mind. (that said could see him going back to Arsenal).

Anyone know how Lucas Biglia did for Anderlecht this season? We were heavily linked with him last year, is it worth going back a a year on?

Well, having a fight with Pique on the top of the bus during their victory parade won't have helped his cause much mind. (that said could see him going back to Arsenal).

Anyone know how Lucas Biglia did for Anderlecht this season? We were heavily linked with him last year, is it worth going back a a year on?

think Biglia has had and absolutely abject domestic season with Anderlecht, probably because he doesn't want to be there.

Not many games, injuries, reports of mental illness (or something like that) stayed in Argentina when he should have been back in Brussels, no goals...as i say abject.

think Biglia has had and absolutely abject domestic season with Anderlecht, probably because he doesn't want to be there.

Not many games, injuries, reports of mental illness (or something like that) stayed in Argentina when he should have been back in Brussels, no goals...as i say abject.

talking about him on talksport and the south american (vickery) reckons he would not cut it in the prem

talking about him on talksport and the south american (vickery) reckons he would not cut it in the prem

can't remember all that much about him but last time I saw Anderlecht (which wasn't all that long ago) I sort of remember him as being a bit of a wimp and there's one thing for sure wimps do not make it in the PL.