Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Starting a whole thread (again) seems pointless but *apparently* Arsenal want to bid 10m for Morg....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4908168/Morgan-Schneiderlin-targetted-by-Arsenal-for-summer-deal.html

The sun making it up as the go along?

Bah actually Apline making a whole thread about it with a deceptive title is even worse.

Edited by pingwing

Nathan Redmond?

Telegraph have him linked with Fulham, WBA and Norwich.

Brum are seriously skint so surely less then £5mil, always liked the look of him and still v much in the "young and hungry" camp at nineteen with room to imrove under Poch.

To be honest I'd kind of forgot about him but still, any opinions?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11694/8681598/Lee-Clark-won-t-cash-in-on-Birmingham-teenager-Nathan-Redmond-this-summer

Lee Clark may not have much choice! He's not in charge of the ins and outs, the club may well find themselves in even more trouble soon and he only has one year on his contract with the uncertainty at the club at least something that will come under consideration should he be offered another.

Danny Rose? Pfft. I thought Lowton looked really good, but not sure we need a RB.

Not even as a player who can play lb, lm and, im told, down the right flank as well? I imagine the english player premium would mean there are better options but we could do worse!

Lowton was pure class though and has played every game this season for Villa, if we didn't have clyne i'd love him!

Danny Rose? Pfft. I thought Lowton looked really good, but not sure we need a RB.

We defintely need a RB IMO. Clyne is good, but if he get's injured or he has to play LB the cover in that position is either an out of position Cork, who is not up to much as a RB or an out of position Yoshida, who isn't very good at RB either.

I assume Richardson will be off in the Summer.

What with the impending financial restrictions and Citys undoubted belief that to become champions again they need to spend it wouldnt surprise me if the fringe of Rodwell, Sinclair and Lescott leave be it free or on loan with subsidised wages.

Id also take any of those three if we have the chance

Slight snag in that plan is that City do not have enough home grown players, that is why they had to sign Richard Wright

I have a sneaky feeling that we have some kind of deal for Astori lined up, what with the legwork that apparently went on in January.

I don't believe our interest in him has subsided at all, however the terms under which a transfer can occur have changed since January in relation to Calglari's financial situation (they may be able to sell other players instead of Astori) and / or the level of interest from other clubs. I can't see it being something that gets sorted quickly so we'll go back to the old chestnut of pursuing our number one target all summer and then if it doesn't happen switching to other targets - and the inevitable criticism fans will throw at the club if that happens. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I don't believe our interest in him has subsided at all' date=' however the terms under which a transfer can occur have changed since January in relation to Calglari's financial situation (they may be able to sell other players instead of Astori) and / or the level of interest from other clubs. I can't see it being something that gets sorted quickly so we'll go back to the old chestnut of pursuing our number one target all summer and then if it doesn't happen switching to other targets - and the inevitable criticism fans will throw at the club if that happens. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.[/quote']

The problem is his team promised him he could move at the end of the season so I'm hoping Astori is on our radar still.

The problem is his team promised him he could move at the end of the season so I'm hoping Astori is on our radar still.

But wasn't it also rumoured that he preferred a move to Juventus or AC Milan ? In which case its more a matter of hoping we are still on his radar.

I don't believe our interest in him has subsided at all' date=' however the terms under which a transfer can occur have changed since January in relation to Calglari's financial situation (they may be able to sell other players instead of Astori) and / or the level of interest from other clubs. I can't see it being something that gets sorted quickly so we'll go back to the old chestnut of pursuing our number one target all summer and then if it doesn't happen switching to other targets - and the inevitable criticism fans will throw at the club if that happens. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.[/quote']

We wont follow just one target, it doesnt work that way. I firmly believe that Yoshi was possibly our second option but one I am v happy with.

You cant give up on your No 1 target, as what if we got Dann in and tgen Astori became available ?!

I have said it time and time again, we will get the right players at the right time. I would much rather the right fit then a square peg in a round hole just so you have an extra 3 weeks to work with them.

But wasn't it also rumoured that he preferred a move to Juventus or AC Milan ? In which case its more a matter of hoping we are still on his radar.

Much the opposite allegedly

http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/astori-il-napoli-insiste-ma-il-southampton/

It's always football. Especially for Davide Astori, often in the middle of negotiations and then defensive column of Cagliari. The interest of Naples has never gone out of fashion, the idea is to offer 12 million at Cagliari for the Defender Milan school. For Astori, though, the strongest temptation at this time is called the Premier League. After refusing the Russian target suddenly last year, saying no to Spartak Moscow having already done the medicals, now Astori would like English experience. And so his agents have resumed contacts with Southampton, which in January had moved with a proposal to Cagliari from 10 million. Can an encounter with the British over the next few days to understand the possibilities and intentions, Southampton is seriously and Astori is attempted. With Napoli who insists it is no spring grip

Putting his goal aside which was an excellent team goal.... Did you not see Sunderland's defensive display tonight?

I didn't which was why I was bold enough to suggest him despite them conceding a hat ful. We've conceded the odd goal ourseles yet Clyne is seen as England quality by some on here. I can only judge Rose and what I saw at SMS and he was the stand out player in that game.

I´m pretty sure MP will bring in a young Argie or Spanish gem, question is who.

Would love Lucas Mugni..... maybe Juan Bernat....Iturbe but might be difficult with work permit for him....

Cirigliano, has italian passport.....same with Centurion....

exciting times ahead!

@cj_garrett: @tancredipalmeri any news on the Astori to Saints deal? Still alive?

@tancredipalmeri: @cj_garrett yes, but talks suspended at the moment at Cagliari bcs president in jail

In Mafia films the big boss always carries on business even when he's inside.

This chancer is simply showing unprofessional-ism: the Don needs to tell him to get with the programme.

I heard it on radio 5 ages ago - I think Kevin Bacon said something about it but I could be wrong.

Was bloomin ages ago mate - not sure why MLG is dragging up super old news like this......... stinks of desperation to me!

Does he know about the twin towers yet?

lols i like MLG telling people off for being boring and not funny.

i scouted that basle player again last night, you know the salad one who is like punch turbos addition. He scored goal yo. They have good full back too.

Looks like we've missed out on Astori and Nainggolan. They're both expected to sign for Napoli in the coming weeks. Big shame. I desperately wanted Astori.

@SerieAFFC: Nainggolan and Astori sign deals with Napoli: Napoli have long been admires of Cagliari players Rad... http://t.co/8ZLiz0UE68 @serieaffc

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/05/nainggolan-and-astori-sign-deals-with-napoli/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Looks like we've missed out on Astori and Nainggolan. They're both expected to sign for Napoli in the coming weeks. Big shame. I desperately wanted Astori.

@SerieAFFC: Nainggolan and Astori sign deals with Napoli: Napoli have long been admires of Cagliari players Rad... http://t.co/8ZLiz0UE68 @serieaffc

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/05/nainggolan-and-astori-sign-deals-with-napoli/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

BOTH of them? Damn!

Damn. Not over til it's over but a real shame if it's true. I've watched a few Cagliari matches recently and they both look fantastic.

I'm sure we have better players lined up. Never heard of either of them to be honest until I saw them mentioned on here, we'll probably get a couple of other players I've never heard of instead. As long as they improve the team that's all that matters.

I'm sure we have better players lined up. Never heard of either of them to be honest until I saw them mentioned on here, we'll probably get a couple of other players I've never heard of instead. As long as they improve the team that's all that matters.

Sorry to say it but I guess you dont follow football other than in England then??

Both play for their national teams, even if not regurly, and play in a big league....

We'd do well to attract anyone better than those 2.