Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Judging by the recent signings of Ramirez and Forren I think we will spend a few quid on foreign talent and not on players from relegated teams. If we are striving for a higher league position we need to get better players in and there are not many in the teams below that I would rather have in Saints. Also we've got some youth players that may make the step up as Shaw and JWP have this season. I think Hooiveld is gonna struggle next season once Foreen is up to speed as he lacks the distribution necessary, merely a long diagonal hoof. The CM pairing of Cork and Spiderman would be hard to improve on.

I am hopeful that NC and MP and the transfer crew have set their sights a little higher than many on this forum.

Phil Neville's available. Player/coach? Could be good for his experience and cover?

Experience and cover for the kit man yes, for our out field players, no.

Did you see the his nightmare performance against Wigan in the FA cup?? Or his general decline over the last year or two??

Experience and cover for the kit man yes, for our out field players, no.

Did you see the his nightmare performance against Wigan in the FA cup?? Or his general decline over the last year or two??

He might end up at Stoke or Sunderland, or a newly promoted side. Not going to offer our side anything.

to do what exactly ? He's an old man and MPs system needs incredibly fit players.

He could maybe teach Danny Fox how to mark people or pass to our players. PS Lambert does not seem to be an incredibly fit player. Still our best though. Jeez, was only putting it out there

He could maybe teach Danny Fox how to mark people or pass to our players. PS Lambert does not seem to be an incredibly fit player. Still our best though. Jeez, was only putting it out there

Its a fair point. I wouldn't take him (would've done the way he was playing two seasons ago) but dont see the need to go to town slagging you off for venturing a reasonable opinion. Not like you suggested pulling linvoy primus out of retirement and into out first XI!

If he prooves his fitness again til the end of the season down the road I would take David Connolly back on a one year deal in the summer. Superb player and would definitely get goals in the Prem. Also a model pro for others to learn from.

Was also very impressed with Gary Jones in Bradford's run to the Cup Final - all action CM that would be good backup for Cork and Morgan.

A top wide man like Ince or Lens would be great too. If we got those 3 or 4 plus Boruc that would help us kick on.

Its a fair point. I wouldn't take him (would've done the way he was playing two seasons ago) but dont see the need to go to town slagging you off for venturing a reasonable opinion. Not like you suggested pulling linvoy primus out of retirement and into out first XI!

Thanks

What was MPs history in the transfer windows at Espanyol? I know they were skint but out of interest?

you can have a look here,http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/rcd-espanyol/transfers/verein_714_2012_default_default_alle_a_default.html

you'll have to change the season indicator at the top for each season that he was manager there.

seem to always have a positive balance on their transfer trading though. Can't say a lot of the names meanb much to me.

you can have a look here,http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/rcd-espanyol/transfers/verein_714_2012_default_default_alle_a_default.html

you'll have to change the season indicator at the top for each season that he was manager there.

seem to always have a positive balance on their transfer trading though. Can't say a lot of the names meanb much to me.

Maybe he can lure Osvaldo and Callejon to hook up with him again ;)

Phile Neville is out of contract at Everton at the end of the year, not renweing but still wants to play at the top level. HCDAFU next year?

Good experience, squad player particularly in the possible event we get in to Europe via fairplay league we would need a bigger squad, and while it's debatable he'd be loads better than what we have if we were ever in Europe, you need a large squad for rotation and I think he'd be perfect in that scenario, been there and done it all, probably at his age not happy to play every game (managed 25 this year) good role model for the youth and for the job he does in CM still good prem quality.

Thoughts?

Phile Neville is out of contract at Everton at the end of the year, not renweing but still wants to play at the top level. HCDAFU next year?

Good experience, squad player particularly in the possible event we get in to Europe via fairplay league we would need a bigger squad, and while it's debatable he'd be loads better than what we have if we were ever in Europe, you need a large squad for rotation and I think he'd be perfect in that scenario, been there and done it all, probably at his age not happy to play every game (managed 25 this year) good role model for the youth and for the job he does in CM still good prem quality.

Thoughts?

Not read through this thread then!?!

HELL NO. Young players please, not has beens.

I see one reporter is linking us with Bolton's Alonso, 22 year old left back, if we sell Shaw. I don't know enough of him to comment, but he'll be a Bosman, so he could be the "back-up" people want.

Not read through this thread then!?!

HELL NO. Young players please, not has beens.

I see one reporter is linking us with Bolton's Alonso, 22 year old left back, if we sell Shaw. I don't know enough of him to comment, but he'll be a Bosman, so he could be the "back-up" people want.

To be fair to him, it was a new thread he'd started that I merged in, so he probably hadn't read this thread.

I don't want Phil Neville anywhere near our club myself.

To be fair I hadn't read the thread no! However I'd only stipulate that he'd be good for us if we were in Europe, due to increased number of games I think we'd need the bodies in the squad. Think he still does have something to offer, im sure Poch could coach it out of him! However i'll be in the "no" camp in the likely event we're not in europe next year!

Neville may be over the hill, and not a viable target, but this man is, and not as a 'back up' either.

By Metro Sport Reporter 10 Jun 2012 4:40 pm

Arsenal are ready to cut their losses on Andrei Arshavin and replace him with his Russian international team-mate Alan Dzagoev

STOKE are set to beat Southampton to the £3.5m signing of PSV Eindhoven defender Erik Pieters.

The Potters are in advanced talks with the 24-year-old and are confident they can land their man.

Doubt he will sign for Stoke if they are on the brink of relegation. Who is he anyway?

He's on about £95' date='000 a week![/quote']

Yeah and the Daily Mail is running a story to day that he'll probably retire from the game instead of move to somewhere where he'll play football, both factors blow the possibility of someone who on his day is an excellent attacking footballer.

If Arshavin can't be bothered at Arsenal with championship football he definitely won't want to move here and knuckle down.

We shouldn't be looking at anyone over 27.

We shouldn't be looking at signing anyone 'as back up'.

We should be signing the players with ambition that are good enough to go straight into the team.

I really think we should go in hard for Dede. Young, towering south american defender. Perfect.

The Brazilian centre-half England’s top clubs need

http://todaysfootballnews.com/2013/04/09/the-brazilian-centre-half-englands-top-clubs-need/10847

Dede is amazing on football manager...

Isn't he coming back from a big injury in real life though?? Someone on Vickery's column asked about him a few mondays ago as Liverpool were apparently sniffing about, big asking price too I think.

No way Arshavin should even be considered. Pretty sure we will continue (rightly) to go for young improvers.

why would we consider a failure like Arshavin ? NC has big big plans, he wants international experience now, that's partly why

Adkins was evinced in favour of Mauricio, a man with top level experience to take us forward . We will sign 3 or 4 players I think and none of them will resemble Arshavin,Flamini or Phil Neville. Unfortunately I think there will be 1 at least major departure.