Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

I'd like to see Adkins pick Ben Reeves up on loan for next season from us for Reading. (Maybe a few other youth players as well?)

It'd do him good to play a season in the Championship, Adkins knows him, and it'd be good for us for him to be playing in a team using Adkins style of play. It'd let us see if he's good enough yet as well.

Someone who reports on Slovenian football said to Simon Peach on Twitter that Saints have been looking at Tim Matavž, Slovenian striker at PSV.

10 goals in 19 games this season.

Just been doing some searches on that, story comes from Slovenian newspaper Ekipa.

Reports Saints are looking to sign the 24 year old, but may face competition from the Bundesliga.

Kevin de bruyne

If only!

Chelsea have about 3 or 4 players sitting in the wings at the club that would be a dream to come to us! Lukaku, Cortouis, De Bruyne, Piazón or maybe even a punt on McEachran could be really interesting additions to the team one way or another (though not enough LB's worth picking up)

Can the mods not mess one of these threads up this time by not just throwing every rumour or thread about a possible signing in here please. HCDAJFU is for the suggestions of the people!

Munian would be a quality signing, skillful winger who likes to cut inside. Probably out of our reach though

Just been doing some searches on that, story comes from Slovenian newspaper Ekipa.

Reports Saints are looking to sign the 24 year old, but may face competition from the Bundesliga.

Fantastic striker and within reach I'd like to think. It'd be one of those players that the "big" clubs overlook this year, but will be sniffing around the next when they eventually realise how good he is...

I'd be happy with

- Atop class CB alongside Maya - Astori, the lad from Bordeaux etc

- Decent back ups at RB and LB - Trippier?

- A CM to back up / compete with Cork/Morgan - i.e. Biglia

- A really good winger - Salah?

- A clever CF to back up Ricky

Hoping Tino can use his Spain/Argie connections and the Don can raid Serie A

Positions and quality wise I would go exactly with this, although I doubt we'll manage to get all six positions filled. I would also add another keeper to the list if we fail to tie down Boruc. Someone queried why back-ups, I think we want players who can compete and push for places, if they're better than great but realistically are we really going to spend big money on getting better players than Clyne/Shaw/Schneiderlin? Even if we did surely these are young players who will be top (potentially world class) players in a few years so best keep them in the team and develop them. My suggestions for signings (hopefully realistic) would be...

Top CB- Shawcross from Stoke if they go down. Otherwise people are raving about Astori but I haven't seen him play. Really wanted Yanga-Mbiwa who went to NEwcastle in the winter, shame to miss him.

Back up RB- I like Trippier-was superb for Burnley last season, haven't followed him this season but unless he has dropped off I'd go for him. Lowton from Villa if they go down (and not just because he scored a couple of screamers).

Back up LB-Lucas Digne from Lille- may well struggle to get him as he has been linked with some top clubs and wouldn't be satisfied with a back up spot but could be a good option to rotate with Shaw. Young, great prospect, already played a good number of games at a high level. Would take the pressure off LS.

Competitive CM- Chalobah on loan from Chelsea. Done a great job for Watford this season- will be a top player.

Winger- Saw Salah against Spurs, he did look good and exciting and a good shout but very raw. I'll go along with Scott Sinclair as he would be ready to slot in immediately- may be looking for guaranteed first team football though. Another could be Younes Belhanda.

CF- For me this should be someone who is sniffing around JR and RLs spots, but probably one who will develop in coming years and improve. Perhaps taking a gamble on a Championship player (Austin, Rhodes) although I think that for the cost it will be difficult to find someone worthwhile. Perhaps someone from the continent. I personally think someone who is able to both lead the line or take a deeper more creative role would be ideal. Hard to find.

Don't know much about Hendrick, but Hughes looks a fantastic prospect.

I second that. Positively drooling imagining him, Lallana, Ramirez, Puncheon, Rodriguez all linking up :o

BTW... like all our midfield, he's already massively better than the sh1te Woy picks for the national team.

Sunderland going down maybe we should pick up Sessingong (spelling?) if he can play like he did in the first half today all season! (Motd addition)
I'd have a few Wigan players if they go down. Figueroa as back-up for Shaw and Maloney as back-up to Cork/Schneiderlin.

RB - Keiran Trippier (Burnley)

LB - Maynor Figueroa (Wigan)

CB - Davide Astori (Cagliari)

DM - Lucas Biglia (Anderlecht)

AM/Winger - Tom Ince (Blackpool)

ST - Jeremain Lens (PSV Eindhoven)

Sell/Release

Danny Fox

Guly

Mayuka

De Ridder

Sharp

Hammond

Lee

Seaborne

Chaplow

Butterfield

Richardson

Barnard

Dickson

Forte

Martin

Forecast

I know we might be shopping at a different quality of store these days, but I'd like to see us keep stealing the best young talent from the championship. We more than anyone else should be fully aware of how players like Morgan, Clyne, Lallana, Lambert, Bale and now Rodriguez are able to make the step up and then shine. Getting them ahead of Arsenal and Manure won't be easy mind, and if they are £15m like Zaha that is certainly a bog gamble for a side like us.

We're obviously too late with Zaha (I wouldn't be surprised if we enquired last summer) but Ince is next genuine talent that someone is going to have to spend big (and therefore gamble) on. I think we should do it.

There are other decent players in the Championship. Chelsea's Nathaniel Chalobah (on loan at Watford) looks a real talent. A right back playing centre mid for Watford he's that good. Jeff Schlupp is another bright prospect. I think he caused us a few problems at Brentford a couple of seasons back. Has anyone seen Yannick Bolasie live? In the highlights shows he looks sensational, but they can sometimes flatter flair players. Buckley always impressed me at Brighton, but not seen enough to know if his touch is good enough. Certainly offers pace and power.

I'd have a few Wigan players if they go down. Figueroa as back-up for Shaw and Maloney as back-up to Cork/Schneiderlin.

I'd add Boyce to that as well. Powerhouse of a defender. Can play anywhere along the back 4.

Always liked him.

Isn't Bolasie the one who scored against us for Plymouth in our promotion party in L1? When we won 3-1?

He stood out as their best player that day from what I remember if that was indeed him. Looked handy, if a little raw, not seen much of him for Palace though. Sure we have got plenty of players being watched at the moment, but would be surprised if we're looking at the NPC for transfers with Poche in charge. Wouldnt surprise me if all our signings this summer are young internationals.

Isn't Bolasie the one who scored against us for Plymouth in our promotion party in L1? When we won 3-1?

He stood out as their best player that day from what I remember if that was indeed him. Looked handy, if a little raw, not seen much of him for Palace though. Sure we have got plenty of players being watched at the moment, but would be surprised if we're looking at the NPC for transfers with Poche in charge. Wouldnt surprise me if all our signings this summer are young internationals.

Ditto

Ince is next genuine talent that someone is going to have to spend big (and therefore gamble) on. I think we should do it.

Ain't he out of contract in the summer?

I'd be ok with signing him long as we get it in writing we don't have to employ his dad as manager yo

If we're going to look at the Championship and lower leagues there are plenty of young British players out there HCDAJFU.

Chris Solly - Adventurous right-back currently playing for Charlton. Solid at the back and great crosser of the ball.

Jon Williams - Deep playmaker playing at Palace. Great on the ball, although a little lightweight. Came on as a sub for Wales vs Scotland was the best player on the park by a mile.

Will Hughes - Tricky attacking midfielder for Derby. Again a little lightweight, but technically he's excellent and has chipped in with a few goals and assists this season aged 17.

Nathan Redmond - Pacy winger playing for Brum. Can play either side and has a good footballing brain on him. Could be relatively cheap too, as Brum are skint. Whether he's ready to make the step-up to the Prem is another thing.

Jamaal Lascelles - Giant centre back at Forest. Definitely leadership material and could be a good player in the future. Still a bit raw though.

RB - Keiran Trippier (Burnley)

LB - Maynor Figueroa (Wigan)

CB - Davide Astori (Cagliari)

DM - Lucas Biglia (Anderlecht)

AM/Winger - Tom Ince (Blackpool)

ST - Jeremain Lens (PSV Eindhoven)

Sell/Release

Danny Fox

Guly

Mayuka

De Ridder

Sharp

Hammond

Lee

Seaborne

Chaplow

Butterfield

Richardson

Barnard

Dickson

Forte

Martin

Forecast

People need to realise that under Cortese contracts actually mean something. If we expect Shaw, Clyne and Lallana to honour their contracts to us then we need to honour our contracts to the likes of Fox, De Ridder, lee and others. Some of those in the list are out of contract this summer. Others may choose to move providing the fee is right. But as we saw with Dickson, he may not want to take the drop in wages so he will see out his contract. Nothing wrong with that (although personally I would rather be playing football). For others (I guerss Puncheon is the role model) they can get their heads to gether, work hard, and produce the football we knew they were capable of when we first signed them. Mayuka and Lee please note!

Have said before about Astori and Sinclair being adequate for the summer IMO. After this weekends games, I might add Ilicic (Palermo) to that!!

Good spot. You are right we was very good that day. Extremely fast and a real pain. If the clips are anything to go by on the FL show then he is worth another look. I wonder how much input will come from Reid and his scouts and how much from the new management team. I've not seen a single link to Bolasie in the papers. Consiering all the tricks and chances you'd think someone would fancy him.

Jamaal Lascelles - Giant centre back at Forest. Definitely leadership material and could be a good player in the future. Still a bit raw though.

Arsenal offered millions last summer and got nowhere. Can't see us doing any better.

Ain't he out of contract in the summer?

I'd be ok with signing him long as we get it in writing we don't have to employ his dad as manager yo

I didn't realise that. I guess that means even Liverpool can afford to `buy' him. Blimey, what perfect timing on his part to have a great season. His wage demands are going to be astronomical, what with no transfer fee involved. Signing on fee-tastic...

If we're going to look at the Championship and lower leagues there are plenty of young British players out there HCDAJFU.

Chris Solly - Adventurous right-back currently playing for Charlton. Solid at the back and great crosser of the ball.

Jon Williams - Deep playmaker playing at Palace. Great on the ball, although a little lightweight. Came on as a sub for Wales vs Scotland was the best player on the park by a mile.

Will Hughes - Tricky attacking midfielder for Derby. Again a little lightweight, but technically he's excellent and has chipped in with a few goals and assists this season aged 17.

Nathan Redmond - Pacy winger playing for Brum. Can play either side and has a good footballing brain on him. Could be relatively cheap too, as Brum are skint. Whether he's ready to make the step-up to the Prem is another thing.

Can't see us signing many lower league players this summer. Last player we nearly signed was Coutinho.....our bench has been set higher.