Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

Sorry to say it but I guess you dont follow football other than in England then??

Both play for their national teams, even if not regurly, and play in a big league....

Not really, no. Don't have the time but if others do and know decent players worldwide then I'm happy with their judgement.

I think yesterday shows how lacking our squad depth was, FWIW, we did ok but I like everyone else was worried by a lack of Morgan and Yoshi.

Even with Ramirez banned, as much as he wasnt really setting the eorld slight we look woefully short.

We need new first choice;

Striker

CM

CB

And then need to look at someone who can cover LB and RB (this could always be a player who can be versatile)

I don't go in there because it's usually full of made up cobblers, but has the HCDAJFU thread got a list of these rumours and which paper makes them up ? If not, can we have a list by paper so we can compile a hit-rate for each media outlet and prove again that (IIRC) 20% is a fantastic accuracy rate for newspaper transfer speculation ?

Old quote, no real information on the supposed deal. misinterpretation of a recent article (The bit about two players being close to signing was added by the author of BBC article and was not a quote from Pochettino himself)

Ruiz is a decent player who CDAJFU, but there's very little substance to the article.

Pochettino and Cortese need to sort out their Priorities

Before they go "Dreaming" of who they get for next season

MAKE SURE WE ARE STILL IN THE PREM

Being in the Prem is NOT a God given right. It has to be EARNT

It's about time they both realise a little fact .... We are in Grave Danger of being RELEGATED ... so Wake Up to reality

It's about time they both realise a little fact .... We are in Grave Danger of being RELEGATED ... so Wake Up to reality

Im SURE that they ARE concentrating on the league. Journos have colomn inches to FILL, therefore DREAM up stories about NEXT season.

Come on im sure they understand the situation but its standard practise to have a list of transfer targets prior to the end of the season. With the continuous nature of scouting tends to always be a variety on lists depending on circumstances ... If we got to the summer and had done no background work and we had to start looking at players in june plenty would be furious.

Come on im sure they understand the situation but its standard practise to have a list of transfer targets prior to the end of the season. With the continuous nature of scouting tends to always be a variety on lists depending on circumstances ... If we got to the summer and had done no background work and we had to start looking at players in june plenty would be furious.

This. What do you expect him to tell his scouts? 'Where shuld we look boss'? 'Take an early holiday and come back at the end if the season when we are safe'!

IMHO at best we will get some of Pochettino's old mates from Espanyol ..... ie World Class over the hill players that 1000's of other Clubs are scrambling to sign

Pochettino would be better off concentrating on saving Saints from relegation.

It's almost as if no one thinks that relegation could happen to us

Good job Adkins isn't in charge .... Cortese would sack him

Jeez.

This article is just put together by a tabloid, there are no direct quotes in it and there's nothing to suggest that we're even anywhere near being interested in him. Yet somehow that's spun by the geniuses (good old Richmond) on here to make it look as if MP and NC aren't focused, brilliant.

I don't get football fans, especially a fair few who post on here.

The fact is he won't win, because we have some know it all idiots on these forums who would be so much better than him and NC. Give it a go, would love to see it.

Jeez.

This article is just put together by a tabloid, there are no direct quotes in it and there's nothing to suggest that we're even anywhere near being interested in him. Yet somehow that's spun by the geniuses (good old Richmond) on here to make it look as if MP and NC aren't focused, brilliant.

I don't get football fans, especially a fair few who post on here.

The fact is he won't win, because we have some know it all idiots on these forums who would be so much better than him and NC. Give it a go, would love to see it.

Fortunately, this is only a message board. I don't think he'll be that worried.

Try translating this

@tancredipalmeri: Southampton's target Astori in the middle of hijacking from Milan, which today asked him officially to Cagliari, according to Sky Italy

Something along the lines of Milan hijacking our deal after today going to Cagliari with an official enquiry?

Try translating this

@tancredipalmeri: Southampton's target Astori in the middle of hijacking from Milan, which today asked him officially to Cagliari, according to Sky Italy

Something along the lines of Milan hijacking our deal after today going to Cagliari with an official enquiry?

That would be it yes.

I would like us to sign players with pace and height, dont have any names to mind, but i think to fit our new style we need better athletes.

The Strachen-era proved you dont need to be technically the best if you want to compete at the highest level, you need to be physically stronger and fitter than the opponents. Man Utd are fine example of this, not the best individual skilled players but absolute athletes.