Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

I think Scott Sinclair is a very good player...he would suit our style of football and his little brother plays here also which helps...however i can't help but feel that wages would be an issue.

He is currently on a reported £60k a week which is pretty hefty...and while i think he would take a pay cut to come to Saints...would he take below say £45k?? i would say not...which means he could come on loan and City could supplement his wages or he takes a big wage cut...i don't see us going for loans.

A player like Lens would probably cost a similar amount to Sinclair...7-8 million euro but would probably take a lower wage...around 20-30k i would think... and we would be getting an established international...

Be interesting to see where we go...i imagine a pacy winger must be very high on MP's summer wish list

Sadly £60K a week is probably going to be the norm for some of the players we will need to take us in to Europe. I believe Gaston isn't far off that at the moment, if last summers ITKers are to be believed. Whether Sinclair (or indeed Gaston) are worth that much is a different matter, maybe Man City would subsidise his wages like they do with Bridge is a different matter. Chelsea did it with Le Saux as part of the Bridge deal.

Would this mean we get pictures of Helen Flanagan on the matchday thread?

I actually think his wage demands may not be beyond us.

Surely we could have some sort of performance related conditions to boost it up so that, should be be a roaring success, he's reward and, if not, we dont take such a hit?

While we may not face massive competition for him. As a rule of thumb english players rarely consider moves abroad so that leaves premiership.

I dont see many teams who would/can compete with us with the exception of Liverpool, who I think already have players with similar attributes (Borini, Sturridge), and possibly Spurs though AVB has eyes on the european market if rumours are the be believed. Swansea may make a bid to bring him back, should the fans welcome it, and the new managers at everton or stoke may have some money but I'd fancy the fee would be a significant sum out of eithers kitty.

Surely there is a deal to be done should the lad be keen to play football in an attractive side moving in the right direction? ;)

I actually think his wage demands may not be beyond us.

Surely we could have some sort of performance related conditions to boost it up so that, should be be a roaring success, he's reward and, if not, we dont take such a hit?

While we may not face massive competition for him. As a rule of thumb english players rarely consider moves abroad so that leaves premiership.

I dont see many teams who would/can compete with us with the exception of Liverpool, who I think already have players with similar attributes (Borini, Sturridge), and possibly Spurs though AVB has eyes on the european market if rumours are the be believed. Swansea may make a bid to bring him back, should the fans welcome it, and the new managers at everton or stoke may have some money but I'd fancy the fee would be a significant sum out of eithers kitty.

Surely there is a deal to be done should the lad be keen to play football in an attractive side moving in the right direction? ;)

I'm not so keen on him. When the rumour came out around March there was a thread on him and I said as much then. On one hand he'll tick a lot of boxes for us in terms of age and type of player we're after. But on the other he was at a good club in Swansea and then decided to join Man City (obviously no issues with that in principle) but he did so a few weeks after they sold a winger because they didn't play him. He killed his career and pleased his bank Manager. He may now have a point to prove but is he that good that he would be one of our top earners? I don't think so personally.

I'm firmly on the fence with this one and given his wages I'd rather we go after different players.

Instead of Sinclair I am liking the look of Juan Cuadrado a Colombian who plays for Fiorentina on the right wing.

24yrs old, scores goals, great rating on http://www.whoscored.com/Players/44868 and transfermarkt lists him at 8million.

Cuadrado has been in scintillating for Fiorentina this season. He's very versatile, can play anywhere down the right hand side, from right back to an attacking winger, equally adept at defending as he is attacking. His dribbling ability is superb, and he's got pace to burn. Needless to say, I think he'd be a top signing.

Angelo Ogbonna

Newcastle apparently ready to spend 13 million on this guy

Would be a major coup for Newcastle if they got Ogbonna. Being watched by most of Europe's BIG clubs. Would probably cost somewhere around the 13m mark, perhaps more. One of the best CB in Serie A, had an exceptional season for Torino.

Cuadrado has been in scintillating for Fiorentina this season. He's very versatile, can play anywhere down the right hand side, from right back to an attacking winger, equally adept at defending as he is attacking. His dribbling ability is superb, and he's got pace to burn. Needless to say, I think he'd be a top signing.

Would be a major coup for Newcastle if they got Ogbonna. Being watched by most of Europe's BIG clubs. Would probably cost somewhere around the 13m mark, perhaps more. One of the best CB in Serie A, had an exceptional season for Torino.

How do we get a email MP to talk to him about Cuadrado :lol:

I'm not so keen on him. When the rumour came out around March there was a thread on him and I said as much then. On one hand he'll tick a lot of boxes for us in terms of age and type of player we're after. But on the other he was at a good club in Swansea and then decided to join Man City (obviously no issues with that in principle) but he did so a few weeks after they sold a winger because they didn't play him. He killed his career and pleased his bank Manager. He may now have a point to prove but is he that good that he would be one of our top earners? I don't think so personally.

I'm firmly on the fence with this one and given his wages I'd rather we go after different players.

Fair point, if he came to us and had a couple of good seasons and a bigger club came in he may not want to stick around. The personality of a player is something our club is big on so I'd hope we'd only go for him if we thought he would want to be involved as a part of the club and would not disrupt team morale.

I understand where you're coming from on this. From the outside-looking-in, his City move seemed like a joke to me. He was never going to get a look in there, IMO.

You'd hope he'd get his hunger back if he joined us. The plus would surely be the cheaper transfer fee (compared to say, £12m for Ince) & his versatility. He can probably operate in any of the front 4 positions.

alan nixon said bid in for gamez, not accepted yet

he also said cortese was chasing someone in italy but had no names. astori? nainggolan? struggling to think of any other players we have been linked to from italy

Either or both would be great.

Darren bent

Like him a lot, although may not fit in with the young and hungry type we seem to go for. Plus seems to move around a lot suggesting issues, or perhaps just never settled, not sure! however, Quality finisher though that would get goals if played regularly.

Nixon has had a few interesting things to say onTwitter...

@reluctantnicko: @Terry_B86 There will be something pretty big shortly.

@reluctantnicko: @d9scott @Terry_B86 Your man is on his travels. With a cheque book.

@reluctantnicko: @Jayrodfan2 Gamez. Bid in. Not accepted yet. Think The Don of Dons is chasing something else right now ...

@reluctantnicko: @northamsoul7 Italy.

Interesting...

"@olliehoghton17 @reluctantnicko When will you be able to tell #saintsfc fans more about the Cortese in Italy story?"

"@reluctantnicko @olliehoghton17 When I find out where he is in Italy..."

Seems to me he's heard a) we're scouting in Europe b) we're looking to get our business done early c) we're looking to spend a bit of cash.

Not sure he knows much that we don't already know on this one!!

I wouldn't touch Sinclair with a bargepole as he would rather take the 'cash' than play football. Swansea and us are similar clubs who play similar football, and yet he preferred to swan off to Manchester because his dim-witted WAG preferred the nightlife up there. We only want 'hungry' players at Saints; good, honest, hardworking professionals who actually prefer kicking a ball rather than being photographed with an airhead.

I wouldn't touch Sinclair with a bargepole as he would rather take the 'cash' than play football. Swansea and us are similar clubs who play similar football, and yet he preferred to swan off to Manchester because his dim-witted WAG preferred the nightlife up there. We only want 'hungry' players at Saints; good, honest, hardworking professionals who actually prefer kicking a ball rather than being photographed with an airhead.
While I'm not particularly interested in us getting Scott Sinclair, the fact he decided to leave Swansea to go to Man City could equally siggest that he is "hungry" and ambitous rather than isn't. Maybe he fancied his chances at breaking into their team and playing in the Champs League - that is being "hungry" isn't it? Can't knock the bloke for taking a gamble.

Sinclair is also out injured for at least 3 months after having a rib removed to try and resolve the blood clot issue he has. MP wants majority if business done by 1st July in order to work with these players and integrate them into the squad so hopefully this mean we will look elsewhere.

SaintsNews&Views ‏@SaintsfcViews 53 min

I understand after a meeting this week with MP and NC we have a budget of £30M-£40M to spend this summer. We need to spend wisely #Saintsfc

That is fake ITK bullshot!

True the chairman and MP did sit down, they talked about targets and priorities ect. MP was shown a list of summer targets and gave his opinions on each. No transfer budget was discussed.

Interesting....seems Valencia have put Rami and Cissokho on the transfer list...

Cissokho would be a quality addition at left back and Rami would be superb at centre half

http://www.soccernews.com/valencia-place-rami-cissokho-on-transfer-list/120576/?

Also seems like Espanyol midfielder Wakaso is in high demand...wonder whether MoPo is interested??

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/everton-target-espanyol-midfielder-wakaso-mubarak-marca/?

SaintsNews&Views ‏@SaintsfcViews 53 min

I understand after a meeting this week with MP and NC we have a budget of £30M-£40M to spend this summer. We need to spend wisely #Saintsfc

Can we have a ban on any posts of such tweets this summer? These accounts are run by 15 year olds copying and pasting stuff from elsewhere.

Are you sending PM´s and not to me your old m8 Glasgow?? ;)

Astori would be our no.1 CB, but that maybe dont say much.

I think he´s very good but lacks a bit of focus at times and can be a little bit unpolished but I would take him in a heartbeat. Same thing with Victor Ruiz.

That Frickson Erazo guy I dont know a squat about but if Man United has been tracking him at least that says he got "something"...

2 out of Astori/Ruiz/Moreno would make me very happy, not that much between them but I´ve personally always liked italian CB´s, they have a fantastic tradition and is often very educated tactically and decent passers....

I have a hard time thinking Hooiveld and Fonte will be in our plans for much longer, perhaps Fonte for another year but I think he might have a bigger role off pitch helping new spanish/southamerican players that might come in...