Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

any chance that we might consider loans now that Adkins has left?

I dont think so personally, maybe if there´s some really special player like some youngster from the top clubs in Europe that dont get much games....

Personally I dont like loans, but that´s just a opinion of mine. I think in the top leagues it shouldn´t be allowed and think that if it was forbidden some players would be sold a bit cheaper instead of going out on loan.

It´s almost ridicolous for some players in Chelsea for example to go out on loan 3-4 years before even being considered in their own club...

The mystery Italian is apparently Pablo Osvaldo, Pochettino had him at Espanyol when he was on absolute fire.

47 goals in the last 97 league appearances for Espanyol and Roma is pretty impressive. Roma signed him for 17.5m euros in 2011. Are they now hard up?

We did loans when he was here. Nicholas Bignall and Danny N'gesssen

so he did. Both were kind of out of necessity due to injuries. I was thinking more along the lines of season long loans which we didn't do in the Championship season.

A mate of mine, terribly unreliable, suggested we were in for two loans.

I dont think so personally, maybe if there´s some really special player like some youngster from the top clubs in Europe that dont get much games....

Personally I dont like loans, but that´s just a opinion of mine. I think in the top leagues it shouldn´t be allowed and think that if it was forbidden some players would be sold a bit cheaper instead of going out on loan.

It´s almost ridicolous for some players in Chelsea for example to go out on loan 3-4 years before even being considered in their own club...

seem unfair that Chelsea can buy lots of great players from abroad and then loan them to other clubs in the same league who can help take points off their rivals.

seem unfair that Chelsea can buy lots of great players from abroad and then loan them to other clubs in the same league who can help take points off their rivals.

Agree, it should at least be forbidden to loan out in the same league IMO.

No chance. Age aside, he's just awful now. Might scrape a move to Hull or Cardiff, but even then he'd be lucky.

Indeed no chance, what would Pochettino want with any Wright-Phillips ? This is just agent talk, SWP is probably desperate

to get a game somewhere at some inflated rate. Think we'll be looking to Italy,Spain and Portugal for our signings if not at source in Argentina or Brazil.

lols, we've got bob hope of signing some of the names being bandied about on here, this is Saints people, lets get real, a bit of transfer cash or not...

Well only 13 clubs finished higher than us and 2 of those were Norwich and Stoke. We've got to be a pretty attractive prospect for a lot of the quality around this summer.

Not sure how true the Italy tgingus as I saw NC leave St Mary's yesterday around 12/1 in a black people carrier. So if he has been in Italy it's not been very long at all so find it hard to believe. There have been a lot of meetings goi on in the boardroom nt I've only heard with the Liebherrs.

On another note, I wathed Osvaldo on YouTube as a potential signing a few months ago. He us the real deal and is the sort of striker we need to push on.

According to #saintsfc on twitter were signing Jonjo Shelvey, Valenciennes defender Nicolas Isimat-Mirin and Inìgo Martinez

And thats in the last minutes

*couldnt be arsed to read the rest*

Isimat-Mirin is a tidy player...unlike Jonjo Shelvey.Won't be signing either of them though, probably just not good enough.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Osvaldo is a very obvious link because of the Espanyol/MP connection....that said Roma did pay a lot for him -$17.5M and i doubt now he is wearing the number 9 jersey for the Italian National team, ( scored twice against Bulgaria in recent wc match) and hat-trick in recent Seria A match that his price will be any less. Only thing i can think of is that if Roma do not qualify for Europa league by winning the Coppa Italia this weekend then its no europe for him or Roma at all for a year at least - like Saints- so he might be interested in "the project".

Italian International number 9's don't tend to be rubbish or lacking in technique so he must be decent enough player. He has not quite burst onto the scene- one good goal scoring season at Roma hardly counts for a team that finished 6/7th. And if he is already around $20M he is hardly a bargain. Put it this way- Benteke or this guy-I'd have Benteke all day at same price as hes already scored lots in EPl...

A bargain is if we got him on loan for a year whilst roma are out of europe and it cost us $2-$3M as a loan fee for the season...he could have a go at the EPL with us with an option for us to buy at the end if it worked out...Roma might be happy having a big earner off the books inn a low income season whilst they re-organise for next year, he gets more experience, we maybe get a top top striker without risking much money at all.....THAT'S what id call a cute bit of work if it came off....

Osvaldo's great, if a little hot-headed. He's had some pretty serious competition for a place at Roma this year but he's still banged in around 15-16 goals in under 30 apps. Good finisher but a bit of a wild one. Can't imagine he'd come cheap.

That's what Nige said anout Johnno Quick!

I suppose in some respects, Forte really was unplayable.

Regarding Astori, I've not seen much of him but his disciplinary record is a bit iffy. Don't know if that is the Italian game in general or not but I am not sure he could be so blatant with some of the stuff he does in the Premier League. I saw him in one game against Milan and the ball was looping in the air within the Cagliari box and instead of jostling for position with Balotelli he just decided to push him out of the way and he gave away a penalty :lol: :uhoh:

A bit like what Fonte does every game when for no reason he just decides to barge the opponents five yards or foul him for seemingly no reason.