New memberships suspended

La BoIS Saint

I am, will be good to have a decent Premiership team back at St Marys, be nice to see the stadium full and will generate some income, espicially if on tv. It could mean we don't have to sell Lallana or Surman in January, or we can get one of the strikers back. Evertyone should be bothered as it will help the club immensly. I also agree with the suspension of memberships too, ensure all STH and members get first priority.

im hugely botherd abou this game. I became a 'hardcore' fan the season we went down, and have gone to every game i can get too since. So man u 2cummin to town is the biggest team i would have seen live. Im sure im not the only one either. Sure as hell beats plymouth and blackpool in 'wow' factor terms. Not that i didnt enjoy going to those games.

It could mean we don't have to sell Lallana or Surman in January

or it might just mean that Sir Fergie likes the way the young nippers play their footie and makes an on the spot cash offer to Rupert. Window will be open by the game.

Surman might start the game playing for us, a quick chat with Duckhunter and he starts the second half for Utd.

;);)

1st Season ticket holders

2nd Members that have attended a said amount of games

3rd Those on the data base for attending said amount of games.

4th Season ticket holders to have a said amount of extra tickets.

5th Membership holders that haven't attended enough games.

6th General sale.

2nd Members that have attended a said amount of games

3rd Those on the data base for attending said amount of games.

4th Season ticket holders to have a said amount of extra tickets.

5th Membership holders that haven't attended enough games.

6th General sale.

Realistically, members who haven't been to any/enough games will clearly get priority over anyone who is not a season ticket holder or member, regardless of how many games they've been to. That's what being a member entitles you to.

I'd be very surprised if there were many (if any) members who haven't been to any home games this season, to be honest.

Realistically, members who haven't been to any/enough games will clearly get priority over anyone who is not a season ticket holder or member, regardless of how many games they've been to. That's what being a member entitles you to.

I'd be very surprised if there were many (if any) members who haven't been to any home games this season, to be honest.

Well I know 2 who haven't and they have only paid £15 into the clubs coffers this season (or what ever the membership amout is). They only did this because they missed out with the play off game against Derby.

I am sure they aren't the only ones.

I have only been to three games this season, so technically dont deserve to get a ticket ahead of the more loyal fans. That I can except, but not to lose out to glory supporting fans.

Well I know 2 who haven't and they have only paid £15 into the clubs coffers this season (or what ever the membership amout is). They only did this because they missed out with the play off game against Derby.

The home or away leg? The away leg went to general sale, if I remember correctly.

I have only been to three games this season, so technically dont deserve to get a ticket ahead of the more loyal fans. That I can except, but not to lose out to glory supporting fans.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate where you're coming from. However, one of the advertised benefits of being a member (and probably the main benefit, really) is that you get priority immediately after season ticket holders for cup matches, regardless of the opposition.

If the club were to revoke that privilege for the United game, I dare say they'd be in some deep stuff with Trading Standards.

as I recall neither derby game sold out.

The home or away leg? The away leg went to general sale, if I remember correctly.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate where you're coming from. However, one of the advertised benefits of being a member (and probably the main benefit, really) is that you get priority immediately after season ticket holders for cup matches, regardless of the opposition.

If the club were to revoke that privilege for the United game, I dare say they'd be in some deep stuff with Trading Standards.

Fair point.

2nd Members that have attended a said amount of games.

3rd Season ticket holders to have a said amount of extra tickets.

4th Membership holders that haven't attended enough games.

5th Fans on data base that have attended certain amount of games.

6th General sale.

Amended.

It would be interesting to find out how many members we actually have now - I can't imagine there are that many, simply because tickets have been so easy to get in the last few seasons. In which case, we might find that allowing one ticket per season ticket and membership actually leaves some tickets left over for a general sale.

I am a member and I have not been to as many games as I normally do (nothing to do with Lowe/Wilde despite being anti) and I certainly haven't been to as many as my mate whose not.

However, whilst I stumped up my £20 for membership, he laughed at me saying there's no need, as tickets will be easy to get.

I paid for a membership for this very reason and that should be taken into account.

I kept my membership for the first three years we were in the championship and ultimately never needed to use it bar away games. Recently even that hasn't been a so i let it lapse at the end of last season. The fact i was able to buy tickets on general sale for matches like charlton two days ago highlighted why membership was completley uneccessary.

Clearly i am kicking myself now, but i know the rules and expect to be at the bottom of the pile when it comes to ticket sales and have no complaints. I still expect a good chance of getting one as i think we will be on tv.

It would be interesting to find out how many members we actually have now - I can't imagine there are that many, simply because tickets have been so easy to get in the last few seasons. In which case, we might find that allowing one ticket per season ticket and membership actually leaves some tickets left over for a general sale.

Do Junior Saints count as members?

A great airbrained move from the ticket office in line with their other airbrained idea of pre-registration a few years back.

Once the Man Ure game is over no one will want a new membership as it's a pointless plastic card so the club will have missed the boat in getting in a few extra quid.

This move helpes towards sinking the Lowe/Wilde axis's PLC so i'm all for it. It's laughable how dopey those running the club are.:D

A great airbrained move from the ticket office in line with their other airbrained idea of pre-registration a few years back.

Once the Man Ure game is over no one will want a new membership as it's a pointless plastic card so the club will have missed the boat in getting in a few extra quid.

This move helpes towards sinking the Lowe/Wilde axis's PLC so i'm all for it. It's laughable how dopey those running the club are.:D

So if you turned up for this game, you wouldn't object to having a load of plastic Mancs sitting next to you because they were able to buy tickets on the back of dodgy membership applications. Are you going to the match or do you despise Lowe & co so much that not even the prospect of a day in the limelight for our beleaguerd club against the European champions will allow you to enter St Marys?

So if you turned up for this game, you wouldn't object to having a load of plastic Mancs sitting next to you because they were able to buy tickets on the back of dodgy membership applications. Are you going to the match or do you despise Lowe & co so much that not even the prospect of a day in the limelight for our beleaguerd club against the European champions will allow you to enter St Marys?

There will be shed loads of man Utd fans sitting with Saints fans anyway as they'll get tickets through season ticket holders and existing members. Also i'd add that very very few would actually buy a Saints membership for a ticket for this game which isn't that massive afterall.

As to the other point yes i do despise the creature Lowe and his little helper enough never to set foot in SMS whilst they remain at the club.

P.S I BET THEY GO ON GENERAL SALE ANYWAY.

Edited by Mole

Would it not make more sense to offer those on general sale in blocks, say for example if you go to the Sheff Weds game you could buy first if you buy Sheff Weds and Another you get the first tickets after members? May be a better way to attract some extra people through the turnstiles as im not sure THAT many people would really shell out their 15 quid or whatever it is for membership just for one game against a team that will pretty damn certainly will wallop us.

Surman might start the game playing for us, a quick chat with Duckhunter and he starts the second half for Utd.

;);)

I realise you are only joking, cos of course he would be cup-tied, which would mean Manure being thrown out for playing an ineligible player. Could earn us another decent pay day if we drew Arse or Chelski in the 4th round though ;) Might be better just to play for the draw and get a replay at OT instead.

So you're saying they'll miss out on revenue as people would have bought membership for the sake of this game, then in your next post you completely contradict that point when you write:

Also i'd add that very very few would actually buy a Saints membership for a ticket for this game which isn't that massive afterall.

Some people might want membership after this game because they'll realise they missed out last time when they weren't members. Either way it will make no difference as far as the "Lowe/Wilde axis's PLC" is concerned.

You should really try and get over this obsession with Rupert Lowe mate and support Southampton FC. We're playing some very good football at the moment as the last 3 games have shown, but I guess you wouldn't know about that due to your petty and completely pointless boycott. You sound incredibly bitter about it but you need to accept the situation because it won't change any time soon.

Also i'd add that very very few would actually buy a Saints membership for a ticket for this game which isn't that massive afterall.

I'm sure there would be plenty of genuine Mancs as well as thousands of plastic Mancs who would pay £15.00 to guarantee a ticket to see "their" team. Tickets for most Man U games are very hard to come by. As soon as the draw was made, I had a Man U mate from Manchester ring requesting tickets. I told him to contact hospitality as it not worth the risk of losing my season ticket if he gets excited when Utd score! Actually, i've just had a phone call from a lady at the hospitality at Saints reference the Forest game and she states that they have been inundated all day with requests for tickets for the Man U game and a sell out is expected. Sorry to disappoint you Stanley but it would seem that not everyone is boycotting the game, so some much needed funds are coming the club's way. The fact that you are not contributing a penny is your decision but don't come on here berating the club if they have to sell their best players such as Lalana, Surnam and Davis (for your info as you probably have never seen them play) to avoid going into administration.

So you're saying they'll miss out on revenue as people would have bought membership for the sake of this game, then in your next post you completely contradict that point when you write:

Some people might want membership after this game because they'll realise they missed out last time when they weren't members. Either way it will make no difference as far as the "Lowe/Wilde axis's PLC" is concerned.

You should really try and get over this obsession with Rupert Lowe mate and support Southampton FC. We're playing some very good football at the moment as the last 3 games have shown, but I guess you wouldn't know about that due to your petty and completely pointless boycott. You sound incredibly bitter about it but you need to accept the situation because it won't change any time soon.

I was refering to Man Ure fans buying memberships so no contradiction.

The fact that you are not contributing a penny is your decision but don't come on here berating the club if they have to sell their best players such as Lalana, Surnam and Davis (for your info as you probably have never seen them play) to avoid going into administration.

I don't doubt Lowe and Judas will sell the family silver to protect their own interests. It's a foregone conclusion. That said even if we were in a position not to need to sell they'd still be sold so Lowe could issue a dividend and feather his and his croinies nests with bumper salaries.

I don't doubt Lowe and Judas will sell the family silver to protect their own interests. It's a foregone conclusion. That said even if we were in a position not to need to sell they'd still be sold so Lowe could issue a dividend and feather his and his croinies nests with bumper salaries.

If more people were still attending rather than sulking about Lowe then we wouldn't need to sell our best players. Also I imagine Lowe is smart enough to realise that if we keep this team together and are patient they could be quite successful and promotion would be a definite possibility in a couple of years, which would be a lot better for him personally in the long run.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=11003

Not sure if this is a good idea, might have raised some bonus cash!

Just checked the attendance for the game in March 2005, 30.971. So not a sell out and that was quarter final.

Funny kick of time wasn't it? 5.15pm or something like that and not too sure utd sold their full allocation (15%)

I think this move is a bit daft TBH.

We would never have got enough JCL memberships to fill out the stadium and leave some of the original members without tickets. I am pretty sure this game will still go to general sale.

I doubt anyone would have signed up £20 for membership, plus a ticket, just to watch Man Utd. If they had though, it would just have been more income for the club.

We would never have got enough JCL memberships to fill out the stadium and leave some of the original members without tickets. I am pretty sure this game will still go to general sale.

I doubt anyone would have signed up £20 for membership, plus a ticket, just to watch Man Utd. If they had though, it would just have been more income for the club.

Depends how many tickets go to Man U I would have thought

Whilst I applaud the club's desire to do the right thing by membership holders, surely this could have been done without suspending all new applications? Don't they log the date when you join? I'm sure they do.

Anyone who joined before the draw gets priority over new members but the club might still get some new member revenue from speculative applicants.

Cup gate receipts are split 50/50 aren't they? Therefore, without any spin-off revenue this game will only generate the same (actually less, than most home league games) in gate receipts for the club + probably a tv fee (£50k?) + some burgers, beer etc... much needed but not exactly a huge windfall.

Exactly. This move smacks of Lowes ego trying to get one over those boycotting. Such a shame he's shot himself in the foot. It just shows what a bungling bafoon he is.

I don't understand, how will it affect those boycotting? They wouldn't go to st marys either way because of their boycott.

Stanley has this misconceived idea that its all about him and that Lowe will do what he can to get one over the boycotting fans.

Whereas the reality is he couldn't be further from the truth.

Edited by slickmick

I don't understand, how will it affect those boycotting? They wouldn't go to st marys either way because of their boycott.

Well obviously, but this suspension of new memberships aka cutting off your nose to spite your face, will cost the club much needed money.

The match will go on general sale anyway so this move will save anyone wanting a ticket from wasting £20.

Zzzzzzz. He's an evil man isn't he.

Do we still not get that failing to sell players could finish us off? You should be thankful we have players to sell still.

If Lowe and co are indeed purely in it for the money, and I believe that is only part of it, then they will want to be back in the lucrative world of the Premiership more than anyone. So what's the problem? Lowe just wants us to get there in a sustainable fashion, which could take a while. He loved the limelight and no doubt the finance of the premiership, so to suggest he'd be happy keeping us going as a loss making CCC club is really confusing given past criticisms.

Lowe would obviously want us back in the Premiership, but even if we were to make it back we'd never be able to reach our potential because of the money a PLC syphons off.