SAINTS 0-3 West Bromwich Albion // Post-Match Reaction

Saint-Armstrong

Taking care of others following a traumatic event . . .

Listen carefully

Spend time with the traumatized person

Offer your assistance and a listening ear even if they have not asked for help

Help them with everyday tasks like cleaning, cooking, caring for children etc . . .

Give them time to be alone

Help them stay away from alcohol and drugs

Keep in mind what they've been through

Don't try to explain it away

Don't tell them that they are lucky it wasn't worse

Don't take their anger, other feelings or outbursts personally

Exert from the clappers bible page 45.

Not normally one to say 'I told you so', but the over confidence on here before the game did worry me. West Brom did a job on us today, and apart from Clyne and Morgan, all the Saints players had a mare.

At 1-0 we were still in it, but the fans failed to get behind the team today, shocking support, only noise being made came from the Kingsland, North am only sing when we're winning.

Not normally one to say 'I told you so', but the over confidence on here before the game did worry me. West Brom did a job on us today, and apart from Clyne and Morgan, all the Saints players had a mare.

At 1-0 we were still in it, but the fans failed to get behind the team today, shocking support, only noise being made came from the Kingsland, North am only sing when we're winning.

As I was saying about the St Marys atmosphere and atmospheres in general in the week, ****e and ******** but again I hate to be correct all the time.

Simon Peach (journo) tweeted that Shaw likely to be back for next game so hopefully no big re-shuffle.

by the way, can you stop quoting Alps?

Lots of us have him on ignore but when you quote him it still shows.

I,ve been enjoying reading recently without his weirdness - obviously he's back posting now we've lost, but please don't spoil it for some of us ;)

Testing, testing, testing.

Norm's Postman, "Can see us winng 3-0 today! You?"

Norm, "Hmm, I would take a point, I just hope the players are'nt thinking about the summer holidays!"

We were thrashed all over the park by a far better side, torn to shreds by Lukaku and Long up front and Olsson and crew tied us up in knots up front! 0-3, this should have been the score at half time, never mind 90 minutes. Sadly, one or three Saints players need to move on at the seasons end.

Only players to earn their crust today? MS & AC

Edited by Norm

Really, first I've heard of it.

Today's result and performance was poor. As you say we aren't safe yet a loss next week combined with positive results for others could set nerves on edge again and make things tougher in the last couple of matches.

However, for people to say we're doomed is just plain rubbish. Before today we were on a run of six games unbeaten with 50% of them being wins. Hardly a situation to get on the players' and manager's back. If we can pick up 2-3 points from the next two we'll probably be OK. Two losses and I'll be glad to be away on a stag do for the last match of the season.

Well this actually shows how far we´ve come.

First loss in 7 and the place is in meltdown.....big difference from the last time we were in the PL.

Its not a meltdown, the clappers are just being placed back upon this Earth thats all. We are so far away from competing in the ecelons of the Premiership its unreal, this simply proves the so called bedwetters correct and the clappers so very wrong, there are no need for apologies as the bedwetters knew the clappers were **** up wrong from the start.

Yep that's who I was thinking off, thanks

If we had won today I could see it happening as we would be "safe" but, with us still needing one more win (lallana's goal that was is starting to look more of an issue now!), i'd imagine Richardson at rb Clyne to lb but then Poch keeps surprising me ...

Really, first I've heard of it.

Today's result and performance was poor. As you say we aren't safe yet a loss next week combined with positive results for others could set nerves on edge again and make things tougher in the last couple of matches.

However, for people to say we're doomed is just plain rubbish. Before today we were on a run of six games unbeaten with 50% of them being wins. Hardly a situation to get on the players' and manager's back. If we can pick up 2-3 points from the next two we'll probably be OK. Two losses and I'll be glad to be away on a stag do for the last match of the season.

I've never said we were doomed. But, I have said that we are far from safe and I have stated that football is hard to predict and that it was ridiculous to be so complacent.

Its not a meltdown, the clappers are just being placed back upon this Earth thats all. We are so far away from competing in the ecelons of the Premiership its unreal, this simply proves the so called bedwetters correct and the clappers so very wrong, there are no need for apologies as the bedwetters knew the clappers were **** up wrong from the start.

Loving Ollana spinning a 3-0 home defeat as a positive thing and evidence of how good we are :lol:

Most of the clappers have gone to ground for a while.

No we are not. FACT

You're technically and mathematically correct. But in the real world we are safe. Given the goal difference advantage Wigan need to make up 8 points in 4 games. Not likely given their current form, and if they do you'd assume it needs 3 points against villa. Who would then need to make up 6 points in their 3 other games. Again, not exactly likely given their current form. And we'd still also need to be overtaken by Norwich, Sunderland and Newcastle.

It was a very bad day, possibly the worst result of the season, but it really isn't the end of the world, just as beating the reigning league champions and european champions were great days but didnt mean we were on the cusp of world domination. There is a middle ground in this world!

Poor performance from a team that believed their own hype or were already on holiday.

Lots of work to be done, and signings to be made. I still think we will be OK,but we need to bounce back next week.

The believing their own hype is the worst part for me. Seemed the players simply expected to wander to another win and when they weren't, lost discipline and managed to get two men suspended. Really bad one this afternoon, widely unexpected too I think.

I've never said we were doomed. But, I have said that we are far from safe and I have stated that football is hard to predict and that it was ridiculous to be so complacent.

Not saying you were, think there were one or two (Alps perhaps) who were getting a little bit ahead of theirselves on the match day thread.

We were absolutely horrific today, a shambolic display. The tone of the game was set in the first minute, it was pretty much over from that point. They then scored on 4 and it was goodnight.

We didn't do anything all day. Fox did an impression of a fan playing football, Hooivield was skinned and pulled all over the show all afternoon. Lallana was complete crap, again. And Lambert was easily forgettable as well.

Wasn't surprised to see Gaston fail to make an impact again, got a feeling we'll never see him play for us again. Reckon he'll be shipped off sharpish, he's never got going this season at all.

Not sure what else to say. Worst home display of the season for me. Luckily it won't really affect us, but christ, what a depressing pile of turd that was.

We were poor today all over but with half the defence as liabilities and starting so poorly there was no base to work from.

Hooiveld and Fox wete utterly crap and so far out of their depth its untrue.

It might be stereotypical to slate them but they simply arent good enough and IMO contributed heavily to this defeat.

Both are so slow at reacting to what is happening and at times Hooiveld's defending beggars belief. The first goal came from a corner after Boruc saved from Lukaku after Hooiveld just let him stroll through and actually ran away from him at one stage.

Time the forum had a Poll on who should be Team Captain. Lallana has been a disaster in the position and no longer shows his playing talent. Without a decent response from the supporters neither Cortesé, The Stooge or Pochettino are going to make a change.

No secret, it;s Ricky Lambert for me.

We were poor today all over but with half the defence as liabilities and starting so poorly there was no base to work from.

Hooiveld and Fox wete utterly crap and so far out of their depth its untrue.

It might be stereotypical to slate them but they simply arent good enough and IMO contributed heavily to this defeat.

Both are so slow at reacting to what is happening and at times Hooiveld's defending beggars belief. The first goal came from a corner after Boruc saved from Lukaku after Hooiveld just let him stroll through and actually ran away from him at one stage.

So I have been right all along?

You're technically and mathematically correct. But in the real world we are safe. Given the goal difference advantage Wigan need to make up 8 points in 4 games. Not likely given their current form, and if they do you'd assume it needs 3 points against villa. Who would then need to make up 6 points in their 3 other games. Again, not exactly likely given their current form. And we'd still also need to be overtaken by Norwich, Sunderland and Newcastle.

It was a very bad day, possibly the worst result of the season, but it really isn't the end of the world, just as beating the reigning league champions and european champions were great days but didnt mean we were on the cusp of world domination. There is a middle ground in this world!

Agree on most of that. Could have been very bad but for that late Spurs goal. Ironic though, that we are back to sweating on the results of other games when I was told to relax.

Time the forum had a Poll on who should be Team Captain. Lallana has been a disaster in the position and no longer shows his playing talent. Without a decent response from the supporters neither Cortesé, The Stooge or Pochettino are going to make a change.

No secret, it;s Ricky Lambert for me.

Schneiderlin for me.

so back to the match then..........

MP would have learned a lot form today performance ab out the caliber of his playing staff. We have been playing very well of late and getting some pretty good results. But when the chips are down that is when you see the real player, the one who can keep their head and still produce. Spider and Davis for example. we became everything we hate as supporters, dirty. Pulling people back etc.

Just hope its a one off and we put in a good performance next game.

CB Fry

Just admit you have lost the argument as you can not mind read, you presume but that does not make it so, its your opinion thats all.

I suggest you hold back a bit old fellow.

Is the season over then? That was quick.

We're not going down. We're safe.

Not sure how things will end up at the end of the season, could still be tight, but one thing is for sure we have it in our own hands, it is up to teams below us to better our results in the run in. I would rather be in our position.

As for today day, again too much passing around with no end product. Compared to their quick passing and creating chances. Beaten by the better team.

So I have been right all along?

Yes Barry, you were right... Well done you fro being the only person to spot that Hooiveld and Fox are not good enough for the PL. I mean, who would have guessed it? Here we all were singing their massive praises all season, and it turns out that all along, ALL of us were completely wrong and you were right.

:rolleyes:

Am I alone in thinking Ramirez actually looked decent until he was a total d**k and got himself sent off?

Not going for the whole "is he/will he be good enough for us longterm debate" but he came on, found space, played a few good passes, ran at their back line a bit and I genuinely felt optimistic he might make something happen.

That being said his only corner was woeful. Why he takes them I dont know! For all his lack of footballing nous Fox can hit a decent deadball.