SAINTS 0-3 West Bromwich Albion // Post-Match Reaction

Saint-Armstrong

Agree on most of that. Could have been very bad but for that late Spurs goal. Ironic though, that we are back to sweating on the results of other games when I was told to relax.

What I don't get is why everyone thinks you're a troll because you actually speak sense.

And me, today proved what a player like Benteke or Lukaku would bring to the table

Lukaku was insanely good. Showed what a player he is. His movement was brilliant and he pulled our back 4 all around all game, we just couldn't and didn't deal with him full stop.

Hopefully someone will take a chance on Gaston and we can get £5m or so back. As for Foxy, god knows. May have to go straight to the Costa Del Sol and open up a bar or something 'cause professional football sure aint that *****s game.

well the team saw how SWF was slowly getting bored with the lull of mid table mediocrity and decided to add some spice to the end of our season.

ramirez.... his play all season gets on my nerves and its been compounded with that deliberate elbow after 25 minutes worth of misplaced passes.

fox... at most he's capable at this level nothing more, what was he doing going in two footed at the other end of the pitch only he would know.

mayuka... what???

lallana... hasn't been the same ever since his injury. lambert has started to fade away as well maybe because of fatigue or something but he's been largely anonymous for large parts of recent games. forren?????????

we need more reinforcements this summer!!

Please stop with the mayuka bashing. He did his best today and wasn't the problem.

so back to the match then..........

MP would have learned a lot form today performance ab out the caliber of his playing staff. We have been playing very well of late and getting some pretty good results. But when the chips are down that is when you see the real player, the one who can keep their head and still produce. Spider and Davis for example. we became everything we hate as supporters, dirty. Pulling people back etc.

Just hope its a one off and we put in a good performance next game.

And, as I said earlier, that's the only positive of the game for me.

Pochettino didn't sign any of these players, and not all of them fit his style or meet his standards.

We are not going down and, after today, he has a much better idea of what we need to do in order to compete in the top third.

What I don't get is why everyone thinks you're a troll because you actually speak sense.

Goes back to 2003. There were some in denial that it was better to appoint a League 1 untested manager rather than a successful ex England manager.

Oh, and then there was the issue of integrity which we know is the ultimate goal in football.

Hopefully someone will take a chance on Gaston and we can get £5m or so back. As for Foxy, god knows. May have to go straight to the Costa Del Sol and open up a bar or something 'cause professional football sure aint that *****s game.

Don't think Gaston is happy with English football. Think we will have to sell him for about £2million and put it down to experience.

Don't think Gaston is happy with English football. Think we will have to sell him for about £2million and put it down to experience.
What worries me most is we're going to fill the squad during the transfer window with more of the same type foreign players. I've no confidence on our Transfer committee, even less in Pochettino's choice.

Think since Luke has been out that it has unbalanced both the back line and also the forward line as he really pushes to the bye line or look for a quick inside ball. Fox seems to get 10 yards past the half way line and look up and lob the ball in, it is all too predictable also his decision making on the defence didn't seem too flash.

To be fair though a lot of people were bad today so plenty to work on during the week. I do think Morgan is a french robot, the dude can just run and intercept and tackle like a machine, france could do with him in their team.

Thought Mayuka worked hard when he came on and closed down well twice which led to opportunities, Boruc was real good again, as was morgan and steve.

What are the thoughts about changes in formation or personnel for the next game v Spurs ?

Yes Barry, you were right... Well done you fro being the only person to spot that Hooiveld and Fox are not good enough for the PL. I mean, who would have guessed it? Here we all were singing their massive praises all season, and it turns out that all along, ALL of us were completely wrong and you were right.

:rolleyes:

Cheers ta, what about Fonte? Ramirez? Mayuka? Gashton?

This would be why...

Oh, he's such a card. What japes.

Fox= Gone= Sweet

Hooiveld= I hope he goes= Sweet

Ramirez=I hope he goes if we get £10 Million but who would pay that for him=Sweet

Forren= Who is this guy? This sums up our behind the scenes buying policy= Dont know as I dont know who he is

Mayuka=Gone=Sweet

Guly=Gone=Sweet

Fonte=Gone=Sweet

TBH I hope we show a little bit more urgency in the transfer market this year.

Lukaku was insanely good. Showed what a player he is. His movement was brilliant and he pulled our back 4 all around all game, we just couldn't and didn't deal with him full stop.

Completely agree but i suspect he will be pulled back to Chelsea and they will sign Falcao and he will be lucky if he sits on the bench cos of Ba/Torres so all this good work this season will be lost.

Worth a bid ?

over 51 years of support we have one of these a season especially when we have been on a good run, people need to calm down and see it as a bad day at the office

although in a game crying out for width why Puncheon was left on bench was a bit strange because Ramirez and Lallana just do not hug the touch line

Completely agree but i suspect he will be pulled back to Chelsea and they will sign Falcao and he will be lucky if he sits on the bench cos of Ba/Torres so all this good work this season will be lost.

Worth a bid ?

Chelsea want Lewandowski, and are willing to throw Lukaku back to Dortmand as part of the deal - apparently. Will be interesting, but he won't be joining teams at our level, that's for sure.

Worth a bid ?

You do know know much he is worth dont you? He signed for £10 Million with more add ons, Chelsea would want a lot more than that, we sign Ramirez as our dream signing with Les, Nige and Nicky, sort of keeps it real dont it?

Ha ha!! And you've managed to get Hoddle in to this thread. Brilliant!.

Word to the wise... you need a little more subtlety if you want feeding ;)

Chelsea want Lewandowski, and are willing to throw Lukaku back to Dortmand as part of the deal - apparently. Will be interesting, but he won't be joining teams at our level, that's for sure.

Oh I thought they wanted to use De Brunye or was that for the Schurrle deal ?, maybe De Brunye fancies dortmund more.

Ho much do you reckon he is on then ? 40k ?

Really low par performance today. I think it's fair to say that we're better than that.

It's a conundrum when we beat teams like City, Liverpool and Chelsea but get beat by WBA and QPR. Shows what we're capable of at both extremes.

I still think we'll be ok. The summer will be 'interesting'.

Gameplan didn't work. Every attack we tried to cross the ball, even near the 6 yard box we were trying to hang it up. We got dominated in the air by a well good and solid West Brom side. Lukaku is one hell of a player and they countered us well.

Thankfully I never have to see Danny Fox in a Southampton shirt again. With regard to Ramirez I'm unsure on him, but doing nothing and then punching a player is making me sway in the same direction as Fox.

You do know know much he is worth dont you? He signed for £10 Million with more add ons, Chelsea would want a lot more than that, we sign Ramirez as our dream signing with Les, Nige and Nicky, sort of keeps it real dont it?

The problem is that we are being hamstrung in our own ambitions by our historical thinking of who southampton should be bidding for. Whilst I agree he is probably out of range for us now who would of thought this time last year we would of spent 30 mil on players in the summer !!!

Oh I thought they wanted to use De Brunye or was that for the Schurrle deal ?, maybe De Brunye fancies dortmund more.

Probably about that, but I think he's destined to much greater things than us if I'm honest. He's good enough to be playing in the CL, and quality like him deserves to be in it.

That was embarrassing today - the players looked like they have already gone on holiday. Clyne, Lambert and Lallana all had bad games. Hooiveld was worse and Fox was truly awful. I hope that was the last we'll ever see of him at St Mary's.

Cork was the only one having a great game and we took him off.

Ramirez made a real difference but lost his head a bit. He has great ability but he just doesn't deliver enough for all that. I think that was probably the last we'll see of him at St Mary's for that reason. I think he's just better suited to Italian football - and if Fiorentina want him - and they've got champions league football he'll go. And I'd wish him well if he does - but I'd also be happy if he stayed and progressed next season.

My worry is we're going to get nothing from the next 2 hard away games - and then we'll need to get something on the final day of the season against Stoke who could be in the same boat. Villa and Wigan are more than capable of closing the gap on the teams above them.

The Baggies fans were great today - whereas our support was awful.

All in all it was just embarrassing today.

Edited by Rebel

over 51 years of support we have one of these a season especially when we have been on a good run, people need to calm down and see it as a bad day at the office

although in a game crying out for width why Puncheon was left on bench was a bit strange because Ramirez and Lallana just do not hug the touch line

The Puncheon/Clyne pairing has always worked well but for some reason MP doesn't seem to value it.

Perhaps we'll see more of it with Ramirez gone for three.

He is still young but on decent money, was a regular at anderlecht ? (Or antwerp) or whoever. Anyway he was expensive, and no doubt on big money. A loan move coukd perhaps be viable if we were in Europe, my bet is he will move on. For me Chelsea nailed his coffin when they bought BA

Steven Davis should be captain

That's not a bad shout - but personally, I'd give it to Morgan.

But completely agree that Lallana should never, ever, ever have been selected as captain. He is not a captain, he doesn't lead out there. You need a player to stand up and galvanize the squad when you're on a downer, but he just doesn't seem to be able to do it. I'm sure he's a very well respected member of the squad, but he lacks the natural instincts to be a captain. Would have been a good story if he turned out to be a good captain, but alas we move on and I hope that the first thing we do in pre-season is remove the captaincy from him.

I'd hope that will also lift his performance as well, as he's been a real disappointment this season. Had high hopes for him but he's not really done much.

Probably about that, but I think he's destined to much greater things than us if I'm honest. He's good enough to be playing in the CL, and quality like him deserves to be in it.

He does seem like a mini drogba though and the fact he caught up clyne shows he has wheels.

Whose the best young striker in the league at the moment, Benteke or Romelu ?

Frenchcastle could be going into treacherous relegegation territory. I'm glad we have a massive 2 points more !

Have you looked at who everyone else has to play? I'm not saying we're safe but so many of the teams around us have to play each other, as well as us having Stoke and Sunderland.

Just say we don't get another point. If Wigan beat Villa, Villa would have to win two of their other three matches (Sunderland H, Norwich A, Chelsea H) to go above us. Not beyond the realms possibility but in that case they'd take three points off two other teams below us.

If Villa win that match Wigan would have to win two and at least draw the other of theirs (West Brom A, Swansea H, Arsenal A). Unless they won all three they'd be relying on GD.

Like I say, not safe but illustrates that things would have to go pretty tits up for us to get relegated.

My biggest fear is that we are over-reliant on certain players. You have to wonder whether this virus has had an effect on our ability to follow MP's game plan sufficiently well.

Edited by mulletsaint

Fox= Gone= Sweet

Hooiveld= I hope he goes= Sweet

Ramirez=I hope he goes if we get £10 Million but who would pay that for him=Sweet

Forren= Who is this guy? This sums up our behind the scenes buying policy= Dont know as I dont know who he is

Mayuka=Gone=Sweet

Guly=Gone=Sweet

Fonte=Gone=Sweet

What's Fonte done wrong?

That was embarrassing today - the players looked like they have already gone on holiday. Clyne, Lambert and Lallana all had bad games. Hooiveld was worse and Fox was truly awful. I hope that was the last we'll ever see of him at St Mary's.

Cork was the only one having a great game and we took him off.

Ramirez made a real difference but lost his head a bit. He has great ability but he just doesn't deliver enough for all that. I think that was probably the last we'll see of him at St Mary's for that reason. I think he's just better suited to Italian football - and if Fiorentina want him - and they've got champions league football he'll go. And I'd wish him well if he does - but I'd also be happy if he stayed and progressed next season.

My worry is we're going to get nothing from the next 2 hard away games - and then we'll need to get something on the final day of the season against Stoke who could be in the same boat. Villa and Wigan are more than capable of closing the gap on the teams above them.

The Baggies fans were great today - whereas our support was awful.

All in all it was just embarrassing today.

Clyne wasn't bad at all.

He does seem like a mini drogba though and the fact he caught up clyne shows he has wheels.

Whose the best young striker in the league at the moment, Benteke or Romelu ?

Both look very good and both look like little Drogbas for me.

And if Im not mistaken both are Belgian ?

Both look very good and both look like little Drogbas for me.

And if Im not mistaken both are Belgian ?

Yeah good point, forgotten they were both from there, belgian are going to be awesome soon with their team.

I think I prefer Benteke, scored more in a team 4th from bottom but both are really raw.

Why don't we bid for both of them ? ;)

Also Gaston actually played well when he came on. Much more purpose than Lallana or Lambert showed all game.

Lallana was massively poor today. Again. And Lambert's form has totally dropped off. Lukaku showed today what a top class PL striker looks like.