SAINTS 0-3 West Bromwich Albion // Post-Match Reaction

Saint-Armstrong

Hooiveld & Fox definitely not up to the standard and as for Ramirez, I'm not sure he fits in with What Pochettino wants from the side and I'm not fussed either way over whether he stays or not.

What is most worrying about Ramirez is that rather than improving as you would think he would if it was merely a matter of adjusting to the PL style he's gotten worse as the season has progressed.

Ramirez has been crap all season, he cant even last 90 mins let alone put in a good performance.

Hooiveld & Fox definitely not up to the standard and as for Ramirez, I'm not sure he fits in with What Pochettino wants from the side and I'm not fussed either way over whether he stays or not.

What is most worrying about Ramirez is that rather than improving as you would think he would if it was merely a matter of adjusting to the PL style he's gotten worse as the season has progressed.

I think those are the points. Ramirez is clearly very talented but he just doesn't fit Pochettino's style. He's more a focal-point player than the front prong of a high-energy midfield. He has got worse IMO because those around him have picked up MP's rquired style much better.

Those would be my three.

Coming from someone with your 'intellect' I'll take that as a compliment. :lol:

Not sure its worth going there on intellect but calling for a player of Ramirez' obvious quality to be binned is quite concerning and obviously highlights a complete lack of knowledge of the game.

Hoovield I can agree with FWIW

Fox, was ok until he lost his head, if we could get a decent replacement by all means but just dont see who it will be considering they will effectively be behind a v v v good 17 yr old

This was a bad day at the office simple as that. Can anyone see us getting anything at Spurs or Sunderland away? I really can't. Thank god for Spurs equaliser as I wouldn't want to go into that Stoke home match needing a point to stay up.

Lukaku is some player - he killed us up there and we never got a grip on him today.

Can't see Chelsea leaving him out on loan next year.

He is an excellent player and it may be nice to see if Chelsea really want to keep him by making a bid.

It'll be Yoshida at left back next game if Shaw keeps up hie Nachos addiction and doesn't play. The only way to see Ricky finish the season is to restore him as Captain and dump Lallana, the arrogant headless chicken, who never have entered into the reckoning for Captain. Schneidelin was magnificent. The team selection was wrong from the start. Pochettino is a mouth, who needs to get his game plans and selections right and shut up about Champions league. His comments and today make us the laughing stock.

Yes, but in this case it felt warranted. I am sure I will be infracted, and I deserve it, but the sheer arrogant stupidity going on around here defies belief.

Yet you and the cronies still bleat about the fact we could be relegated, I mean jesus christ do you HONESTLY believe it ?

Read your last words and take heed, or by all means just keep being hypocritical

Unbelievably bad performance considering we could have all but sewn up safety this afternoon. It really makes me question the player's mentality.

We had everything to play for against a decent mid prem side with nothing to play for yet they were still far too good for us.

We were dire all round, the tempo was dismal and we looked like a team that had swallowed the hype and were safe already.

Defence made way too many mistakes, midfield was laboured and JRod + Ricky were totally starved. Lallana was crap.

Many stray passes but the biggest problem was the lazy attitude.

The 2 reds that I saw were totally justified, no complaints from me.

The fools need to wake up quickly - we are not safe yet, if we lose to Spurs (probable) and Sunderland (quite possible) we could still go into that last game against Stoke with nerves jangling.

Wigan are playing well and Villa have picked up some form recently.

Some of the nutters on here were commenting on us relegating Stoke a few weeks ago - could be the other way round if results conspire against us.

That 2nd half was the worst half of football I've seen us play this season.

Champions league?

:facepalm:

I'm not too disappointed really, as this by far wasn't the worst thing to happen to me today. A **** day just made worse by a pretty horrible performance from every player.

I often defend Gaston but he did nothing at all when coming on and was an idiot to get sent off. Was also poor against Swansea I thought. Sort it out son!

Just poor all round.

But, tomorrow is a new day. New rivers to swim, new fish to catch, new herb to smoke. We'll be alright.

Horrible game

Despite letting 3 past I thought boruc played well

Performances like this show why talk of Europe with the current squad are not realistic

We don't create enough quality chances from our front 4 - lambert spends way too much time in non-dangerous areas (when did he last score from open play)

The defending from set plays is always a worry, the defending from open play is often a worry

Should have players on the post from corners

I think if forren isn't ip to it we need 2 new centre backs next season as yoshi still makes a lot errors

Basically today was a throwback to earlier in the season where we were punished for mistakes whereas lately we had been getting our fair share of luck

We win a game, we're going Top 6.

We lose a game, we're getting relegated.

You doom-mongering bedwetters are just as bad as the deluded dreamers. Get a grip of yourselves. We're not going to be doing either this season, there's more than just two extremes. We will pick up more points.

Not sure its worth going there on intellect but calling for a player of Ramirez' obvious quality to be binned is quite concerning and obviously highlights a complete lack of knowledge of the game.

I'm not so dazzled by his undoubted skill that I fail to see how he undermines Pochettino's style rather than contributes to it.

Next time you call someone an idiot for voicing an opinion, look in the mirror first.

I don't think we'll be going down, not a chance actually. But talk of Champions League from the players and manager is really silly, and when you go and perform like this is shows that fact off even more.

Finishing top half next season would be great, perhaps pushing for Europe the season after.

well the team saw how SWF was slowly getting bored with the lull of mid table mediocrity and decided to add some spice to the end of our season.

ramirez.... his play all season gets on my nerves and its been compounded with that deliberate elbow after 25 minutes worth of misplaced passes.

fox... at most he's capable at this level nothing more, what was he doing going in two footed at the other end of the pitch only he would know.

mayuka... what???

lallana... hasn't been the same ever since his injury. lambert has started to fade away as well maybe because of fatigue or something but he's been largely anonymous for large parts of recent games. forren?????????

we need more reinforcements this summer!!

Unbelievably bad performance considering we could have all but sewn up safety this afternoon. It really makes me question the player's mentality.

We had everything to play for against a decent mid prem side with nothing to play for yet they were still far too good for us.

We were dire all round, the tempo was dismal and we looked like a team that had swallowed the hype and were safe already.

Defence made way too many mistakes, midfield was laboured and JRod + Ricky were totally starved. Lallana was crap.

Many stray passes but the biggest problem was the lazy attitude.

The 2 reds that I saw were totally justified, no complaints from me.

The fools need to wake up quickly - we are not safe yet, if we lose to Spurs (probable) and Sunderland (quite possible) we could still go into that last game against Stoke with nerves jangling.

Wigan are playing well and Villa have picked up some form recently.

Some of the nutters on here were commenting on us relegating Stoke a few weeks ago - could be the other way round if results conspire against us.

That 2nd half was the worst half of football I've seen us play this season.

Champions league?

:facepalm:

Brilliant post. A voice of reason. Well said. I have being warning against complacency for weeks, but for some the party had started. I will have my party WHEN WE ARE OFFICIALLY SAFE AND NOT BEFORE AND SUGGEST OTHERS DO THE SAME.

Fox= Gone= Sweet

Hooiveld= I hope he goes= Sweet

Ramirez=I hope he goes if we get £10 Million but who would pay that for him=Sweet

Forren= Who is this guy? This sums up our behind the scenes buying policy= Dont know as I dont know who he is

Mayuka=Gone=Sweet

Guly=Gone=Sweet

Fonte=Gone=Sweet

See you later Fox. Both him and Gaston should apologise to us for such shamefull behaviour while playing for us. Today was an embarrassment.

See you later Fox. Both him and Gaston should apologise to us for such shamefull behaviour while playing for us. Today was an embarrassment.

You've got one post left, care to repeat it again? ;)

Taking care of others following a traumatic event . . .

Listen carefully

Spend time with the traumatized person

Offer your assistance and a listening ear even if they have not asked for help

Help them with everyday tasks like cleaning, cooking, caring for children etc . . .

Give them time to be alone

Help them stay away from alcohol and drugs

Keep in mind what they've been through

Don't try to explain it away

Don't tell them that they are lucky it wasn't worse

Don't take their anger, other feelings or outbursts personally

Simon Peach (journo) tweeted that Shaw likely to be back for next game so hopefully no big re-shuffle.

by the way, can you stop quoting Alps?

Lots of us have him on ignore but when you quote him it still shows.

I,ve been enjoying reading recently without his weirdness - obviously he's back posting now we've lost, but please don't spoil it for some of us ;)