Gaston "contacted by Fiorentina"

saint_disco123

My main concern is his cant be arsed to put in a decent shift attitude yes he's had a few good games but everyone knows he doesn't like at saints but no one wants to admit it. it's clear his mind is elsewhere like others have said any offer of ten million and we'd do we'll to bite there arm off however eight million is more realistic

My main concern is his cant be arsed to put in a decent shift attitude yes he's had a few good games but everyone knows he doesn't like at saints but no one wants to admit it. it's clear his mind is elsewhere like others have said any offer of ten million and we'd do we'll to bite there arm off however eight million is more realistic

4 out of 10. Terrible grammar and spelling. Please try harder! :(

Cortese isn't going to sell him for less than we brought him for under a year ago ffs. Cortese might as well keep Ramirez than sell him at a loss 1 year into a 4 year contract. I maintain he is our best player, just very inconsistent. I think he will be much better next season after a pre-season at Saints, which he didn't have this year. He was also hit by a number of injuries and a family bereavement in his first season in a foreign league at 22 years old.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Cortese isn't going to sell him for less than we brought him for under a year ago ffs. Cortese might as well keep Ramirez than sell him at a loss 1 year into a 4 year contract. I maintain he is our best player, just very inconsistent. I think he will be much better next season after a pre-season at Saints, which he didn't have this year.

So we buy a player in effect on a 3 year contract as opposed to 4 as he has been **** for the 1st year, £80, 000 a week as well down the swanny.

he doesn't own the club, he is paid employee and can only sell the club is the owners say so. Players on the other hand can be sold if HE wants them to be.

Fair point, but I'm sure he has plenty of influence in whether the Liebherr family continues to want to be involved. Best case scenario for us is if the club is viewed as Markus' legacy of altruism, maybe then the policies will improve from a fan perspective.

I posted this on the 15 player thread a while ago:

Have heard a rumour that Ramirez is going to Fiorentina in the Summer for £15m as his wife is not happy here. No idea how strong this is.

I am 100% certain he wont play for us again. All fart and no sh*t.

Coupled with your predictions we were going to be relegated for the past four years and obviously Wigan being so dominant for their last 4 games Im going to go ahead and say that out of the two of you I dont think its Gaston that best fits your analogy

You know that the more you times you talk crap doesnt make it any more true ?

80,000 a week and where has that been confirmed then?

There's been an ongoing argument all season on here about Gaston's original quote to an Italian paper about how much money he was getting, and whether it was net or gross due to the fact Italians usually discuss football wages with the tax paid, and whether that meant he'd be getting about £80k/wk, or nearer something like... £42k I think it was. The quote's still out there somewhere, it was the first link we had with him, long before the 100+ page thread on his signing got rolling.

The fluctuating Euro/GBP exchange rate doesn't help things here.

You know that the more you times you talk crap doesnt make it any more true ?

I don't think he does. Gaston's usually looked keen to work back as well as constantly showing for the ball... even when his one trick isn't working. Takes a confident player to keep going when he's not getting anywhere. But my God get him off non-shooting range free-kicks.

There's been an ongoing argument all season on here about Gaston's original quote to an Italian paper about how much money he was getting, and whether it was net or gross due to the fact Italians usually discuss football wages with the tax paid, and whether that meant he'd be getting about £80k/wk, or nearer something like... £42k I think it was. The quote's still out there somewhere, it was the first link we had with him, long before the 100+ page thread on his signing got rolling.

The fluctuating Euro/GBP exchange rate doesn't help things here.

If he was was on 80,000 a week that would make him the highest paid player in Saints history and about twice what the next nearest player was getting so for that reason just cannot believe that is what he is getting

Here's the English translation of the "money" story, the relevant quote is

""It is an offer that you cannot refuse. They will give me so much money (€2 million net per year and more than €1 million signing-on fee).""

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1135662/gaston-ramirez-to-choose-southampton-in-%E2%82%AC15m-move?cc=5739

As i've mentioned before, I suspect the bit in brackets was added by the journo post interview. That's not to say the information wasn't provided retrospectively by Ramirez but we can't be certain it's a "from the horses mouth" figure.

I make those figures nearly £33k per week?

Anyways I was told in the summer by someone who works in payroll that his basic is £38k pw.

At 38k pw I would definitely give him another year, no doubt. If actually £80k (IMO total horse ****) then I would certainly consider getting rid if a deal suited all parties.

my hunch is he will stay, but if true he is not settled then he could well be angling for a move and getting agents to spark stories.

I was thrilled when we signed him. But he has been our most disappointing player of the season given the transfer fee and the expectations.

I'd get rid of him if we can get our money back or make a slight (15%?) loss.

Hope I'm proved wrong and he becomes a superstar in his 2nd season. I also suspect that Cortese will be inclined to stick with him unless we get a tremendous offer.

If he was was on 80,000 a week that would make him the highest paid player in Saints history and about twice what the next nearest player was getting so for that reason just cannot believe that is what he is getting

He is quoted saying he only came here for the money, hardly instills confidence he bought (parden the pun) the Cortese dream, face it he's been ****, he does not want to be here and we (Cortese) have wasted money on a luxury buy we never needed, theres no doubt he could be a quality player but theres no doubt it wont happen for us as he obviously is not arsed, or if he is arsed then he truly is Gash.

IMHO, I don't think his heart is in it, or ever has been. I don't think he really wants to be here, or ever has, and his performances don't in any way justify the £12M price tag. Whenever he has played, (which hasn't been too many times), you can set your watch when he will get subbed.

I think he was Cortese's "saving grace" purchase, and IMHO, he has certainly not lived up to all the hype going around during the long drawn out transfer saga.

Cortese should have better spent the £12M on two decent CB's or LB, which. at the time, was the main Priority IMHO

I make those figures nearly £33k per week?

Anyways I was told in the summer by someone who works in payroll that his basic is £38k pw.

At 38k pw I would definitely give him another year, no doubt. If actually £80k (IMO total horse ****) then I would certainly consider getting rid if a deal suited all parties.

my hunch is he will stay, but if true he is not settled then he could well be angling for a move and getting agents to spark stories.

Jesus Christ, how many times? This must be about the 20th time someone has piped up with 'its not £80k i make it £38k' How many people don't know the difference between net and gross? It's 2m euros NET which works out about £75k a week. I'm sure your friend In payroll at the club can explain the difference.

I think he has great ability but hasn't settled. He didn't do his own PR any good when prior to joining Saints, he supposedly talked about the wages being too good to turn down, or words to that effect. Hopefully he will come good next season.

Not bothered what happens with him, if he stays then a pre season with Pooch will help him grow another lung, if he goes then we get someone else in that should take us to another level.

IMHO if he goes then its our management teams choice not the player.

He does seem to be unsettled here, certainly doesn't give the impression that he really wants to be here.

Weather too cold? Southampton just not glamorous enough? Lack of any sort of sophisticated night life? Wife / girlfriend hates the place as no decent shops etc?

He's a young kid and may just be homesick, lonely and missing his mates and the lifestyle he once had. Only London has that appeal in England whereas Italy has a dozen cities with high culture great food and superb weather.

Right now he's probably shivering in a thin Kagool at Staplewood trying to keep out of the rain... say no more!

IMHO, I don't think his heart is in it, or ever has been. I don't think he really wants to be here, or ever has, and his performances don't in any way justify the £12M price tag. Whenever he has played, (which hasn't been too many times), you can set your watch when he will get subbed.

I think he was Cortese's "saving grace" purchase, and IMHO, he has certainly not lived up to all the hype going around during the long drawn out transfer saga.

Cortese should have better spent the £12M on two decent CB's or LB, which. at the time, was the main Priority IMHO

Agree obviously. Wasn't he a second choice once Coutinho decide to go to Liverpool?

As many have said, I don't think he wants to be here. Perhaps the drawn own transfer put him off. Or turned his head. Then it all went through on deadline day. He's been the biggest disappointment this season.

I'd do a swap, they get Gaston, we get Jovetic

He is quoted saying he only came here for the money, hardly instills confidence he bought (parden the pun) the Cortese dream, face it he's been ****, he does not want to be here and we (Cortese) have wasted money on a luxury buy we never needed, theres no doubt he could be a quality player but theres no doubt it wont happen for us as he obviously is not arsed, or if he is arsed then he truly is Gash.

WRONG!

If you read the link posted here you can see that there were other reasons, but since it´s about Gaston you actually probably cant see that.

Why is it so personal to you that he makes a few bucks extra?

The pride of the clappers on this is truly amazing, they simply cant admit we have bought ****e in the last year or so, we have bought in the wrong places and the ones we have brought in largely have been awful for the money.

Still 14th in the table when everyone saying 17th would be great this season. Pretty much safe with two games to go, not far off 11th spot......yeah we only bought ****e and in the worng places....

WRONG!

If you read the link posted here you can see that there were other reasons, but since it´s about Gaston you actually probably cant see that.

Why is it so personal to you that he makes a few bucks extra?[/QUOTE]

I don't mind anyone earning "a few bucks extra", but the key word id EARNED, and IMHO, he form does NOT justify the huge outlay to get him.

I honestly thought (and expected) him to be far far better than he has so far shown us, and I think the reason for that is that he does not really want to be here. You can see that his heart is not in it.

As Alan Hanson would say, he is not prepared to die for the cause. 100%

Only Southampton fans could wish for their most talented player to be sold. Hardly know where to start in his defence. As others have said, first season in England can often be difficult for a number of reasons. He's been carrying a fairly serious injury too. But clearly the squad see hime as the most talented player on the training ground and MPs job is to help transpose that to the pitch. Anyway, everyone's entitled to a view. December is probably the time to revisit the debate.

Only Southampton fans could wish for their most talented player to be sold. Hardly know where to start in his defence. As others have said, first season in England can often be difficult for a number of reasons. He's been carrying a fairly serious injury too. But clearly the squad see hime as the most talented player on the training ground and MPs job is to help transpose that to the pitch. Anyway, everyone's entitled to a view. December is probably the time to revisit the debate.

Putting the talent from the training to football field is a stretch too far for our Gaston.

Still 14th in the table when everyone saying 17th would be great this season. Pretty much safe with two games to go, not far off 11th spot......yeah we only bought ****e and in the worng places....

Yep Yoshida is ****e, Clyne is ****e, davies is ****e, boruc is ****e, rodrigues is ****e ad nauseum

Hasn't Gaston bought a house here? I'm sure I heard that somewhere. I think that if we add some more quality and we're not constantly battling relegation he could have a very good season. He'll also have a full pre season with us and should therefore be a lot fitter than he has been this season. I know people will say he should have been fit enough anyway but if you miss pre season with your new club and know you're leaving your old club you get behind and never catch up. Could well be our player of the season next year as we head for a top 6 finish!

Yep Yoshida is ****e, Clyne is ****e, davies is ****e, boruc is ****e, rodrigues is ****e ad nauseum

Yoshida is not up to scratch as a premierhsip starter, Clyne is, so is Davis, so is Boruc and Rodriguez now. How much did they cost?

How much did our failures cost?

Money wasted, we must get a football man in doing the buying and who knows the market, Les "I know **** all about club football" Reed is up doing the buying for ****s sake.