Posters you respect...

Dibden Purlieu Saint

Am I that far off the mark footballing wise ?!

F^ckers

Fwiw

I think Turks, bear, scotty, trousers, kraken, Weston, Taj, Window, Chez

All of which I like in their own respect, without a bit of banter this place would be lifeless, but also many of these guys I find know what their on about, and no I dont always agree with you, I know I have had a few discussions with the like of Taj, but I can always see where people are coming from, and aslong as people respect both sides of an arguement then fair play.

Turks, respect me b!tch or Im getting a new forum bessie

I always like reading Franks Cousin for his wise words on Saints related things. Chez' match reports are always interesting to read and Wes Tender always puts a lot of thought into his contributions.

I sometimes wonder what happened to Miserable Old Git and the two "Nicks" who don't seem to surface too often these days.

Interesting question. I had to think about how I really apply respect around here before answering.

For me, it governs my interactions with other posters. If someone acts like a nob 90% of the time, then they will likely get a nobby or sarcastic response. On the flipside, if someone is a decent poster 90% of the time, it's easier to let nobby comments slide.

Ultimately, respect is about acceptance; letting others hold a view that doesn't correlate with your own and being okay with that. The amount of posts which indicate that someone is x because they said y seems to indicate it's in short supply :)

Steve Grant, Darren Wheeler, Toomer, Eastleigh Soulboy and Um Parhars, i actually know they are real supporters and not just internet wum's.

No disrepect to any other real supporters

I respect Um Pahars massively and who wouldn't? I remember reading his tales on the old Saintsforver board in the early 00s of his jet set lifestyle and high profile career in finance. He lived the dream, the job, the money, the looks, the holidays, the forum tales of his life was something akin to a James Bond film script. In the mid 00s he tried to use his power and influence for the good of SFC and His attempts to be the people's choice for fan on the board. Now as he's matured and after having it all and winning and riding off into the sunset he's now given up the jet set lifestyle to give something back to society. He lived the dream, now he's helping others to live the dream.

Definitely ottery st mary...really nice guy...Luv him to death:rolleyes:

Ottery indeed is a jolly good fellow.

I have never met him, but have exchanged some pleasantries with him on the board not only about Saints, but also football in the Gloucestershire - Devon region.

He too realises there is more to sporting life in the West Country than racing with tar barrels through Ottery St Mary, or Cheeserolling in Gloucestershire.

Main board posters - dig dog, St. Garrett, VMAN, and a few others

Lounge Posters/adults - Golfing Phil, Bletchy, Crab Lungs, Rally boy before Pompey went bust.

Just for Lols/joke posters - MLG, Turkish, Bearsy, spudders, Smirker (although the cock didn't mention me), MIS & BB bob, most regular muppet show posters

Special mention to egg and gay crabs for sterling nemesis work.

Main board posters - dig dog, St. Garrett, VMAN, and a few others

Lounge Posters/adults - Golfing Phil, Bletchy, Crab Lungs, Rally boy before Pompey went bust.

Just for Lols/joke posters - MLG, Turkish, Bearsy, spudders, Smirker (although the cock didn't mention me), MIS & BB bob, most regular muppet show posters

Special mention to egg and gay crabs for sterling nemesis work.

You saying you dont respect my main board ability Tokes ? Or nemesis porential ?

And you wonder why I didnt name you

Pfft

There'll be plenty of people who I've been in conflict with over the years and plenty that often "do battle" on this m-board to this very day in this list.

It's off the top of my head but here goes;

The9, Minty, B-Rabbit, thorpie, TDD (Batman), Turkish, Wes Tender, Crazy Diamond, Tokyo(s), Bearsy, Chez, The Kraken, CB Fry, rallyboy, trousers, Um Pahars, hypo, Dalek, VMAN...

I'm absolutely sure I missed quite a few people though.

Ottery indeed is a jolly good fellow.

I have never met him, but have exchanged some pleasantries with him on the board not only about Saints, but also football in the Gloucestershire - Devon region.

He too realises there is more to sporting life in the West Country than racing with tar barrels through Ottery St Mary, or Cheeserolling in Gloucestershire.

Badger

You are a gent and a true Saint..:)

Keep up the good work..:D

You have got me as a friend and all I have got is you..;)

You are my favourite:p

Apart from pap.........

the best poster on Saints and any other subject...

respect for a top bloke.

He knows the truth about a lot of subjects:)

Edited by ottery st mary

This is one seriously pointless thread. What would motivate anyone to start a thread like this?? Fishing for compliments or something perhaps?

It's because we all lead such miserable pointless lives we cling to the mboard for any ounce of respect we can get, its something none of us have in the real world.

Badger

You are a gent and a true Saint..:)

Keep up the good work..:D

You have got me as a friend and all I have got is you..;)

You are my favourite:p

Apart from pap.........

the best poster on Saints and any other subject...

respect for a top bloke.

He knows the truth about a lot of subjects:)

That's not the way it works at all, ottery st mary.

What you're supposed to do is say that because of a couple of things I've said, I'm completely f**king hatstand, in bed with neo-nazis, anti-semitists, aliens and polka-dotted lizard people :)

Ta for the kind words though, mate. I've already devoted two hours of my time to an "ottery defence initiative", to kick in whenever the usual suspects do :)

That's not the way it works at all, ottery st mary.

What you're supposed to do is say that because of a couple of things I've said, I'm completely f**king hatstand, in bed with neo-nazis, anti-semitists, aliens and polka-dotted lizard people :)

Ta for the kind words though, mate. I've already devoted two hours of my time to an "ottery defence initiative", to kick in whenever the usual suspects do :)

As long as we show respect where it is due..

We are entitled to our opinion and those that do not like it...can:p

No defence needed for me as I have a very large crocodile handbag to fight off some of the ruffians..As you know I never debate on this forum:rolleyes:

Very concerned at what I have seen recently:(....... with those running the UK and the USA....and it certainly is NOT elected polititians.

The truth will out;)

I respect the conspiracy theorists on here, they open the eyes of the blind, they are the real heroes on the forums in my eyes, they are not limp wristed pansies hating life and democracy oh no, they are freedom fighters writing for the masses.....................

Yes, isn't it always right to question?

As long as we show respect where it is due..

We are entitled to our opinion and those that do not like it...can:p

Goes back to my first post in this thread. Respect is very easy to achieve when two people happen to be aligned on an issue. It's a lot harder to be respectful when you're in disagreement, which is ultimately where the application of the concept really matters.

No defence needed for me as I have a very large crocodile handbag to fight off some of the ruffians..As you know I never debate on this forum:rolleyes:

Very concerned at what I have seen recently:(....... with those running the UK and the USA....and it certainly is NOT elected polititians.

The truth will out;)

The NSA program has been going on since 2006, so it is something that has spanned governments.

But yeah, I'd broadly agree. Incoming politicians of different colours seem to twiddle with the knobs of democracy; tackle the garnish on the outside of the plate. Net result, red or blue, seems to be the same. More public services become private industry, plus an ongoing commitment to supporting Israel irrespective of its behaviour, our foreign policy seemingly being dictated from overseas and individual freedoms being removed from the statute books.

Translation: unless it involves any of our own, demonstrably infallible governments, who've never put a foot wrong and haven't lied about anything.

Im really not going to get into this arguement with you on here Pap.

Its more like; You should question anything to a point of reason, at which point it appears that probability and feasability of an action from which the outcome is not worth the potential damage caused by realisation of the actual responsible body then it is a reasonable assumption that there was no alterior motive.