Luke Ward-Prowse to Chelski?

Tractor_Saint

well Luke seems to be either ill or injured a fair amount of the time, that then disrupts the team so maybe take the largest pot of money we can and Bertrand, yes it would mean a lack of back up unless of course we feel the academy is about to produce the next left back but clearly as F-- is playing we arn't quite that far down the production line yet

Depends how much we need the money I suppose.

no it depends on by how much their offer veers into the realm of the absurd, mark my words we will not turn down 20 million for Shaw...count on it, we might even take less. If the press say we've turned them down it was for some derisory amount or other or no offer at all..

no it depends on by how much their offer veers into the realm of the absurd, mark my words we will not turn down 20 million for Shaw...count on it, we might even take less. If the press say we've turned them down it was for some derisory amount or other or no offer at all..

Fair enough, but if we were really going for it we would not sell, even for that price.

In all seriousness, would you take a few million (how much, £15m?) and Bertrand? We wouldn't be in a much worse position.

Go ahead, get flaming.

We'd be a hell of a lot weaker for that. Bertrand is pretty awful.

And it would be hollow money really, and would go against everything the club is trying to do.

We'd be a hell of a lot weaker for that. Bertrand is pretty awful.

And it would be hollow money really, and would go against everything the club is trying to do.

So you think selling him -even for silly money £30m say- would be a betrayal of our principles? Hollow money?

So you think selling him -even for silly money £30m say- would be a betrayal of our principles? Hollow money?

Yep, completely. What would the money give us? We'd be weaker and I don't think we'd be able to attract a player at the same level of Shaw. £30m or no £30m.

Yep, completely. What would the money give us? We'd be weaker and I don't think we'd be able to attract a player at the same level of Shaw. £30m or no £30m.

£30m would give us the ability to sign two quality players. We could get a very good replacement for Shaw and another player to make the team better as whole.

In all seriousness, would you take a few million (how much, £15m?) and Bertrand? We wouldn't be in a much worse position.

Go ahead, get flaming.

We don't need the money, so I'd rather have a team filled with as many academy products as possible and as JWP/LS seem to be up for the Prem etc, we should hold on to them at all costs.

£30m would give us the ability to sign two quality players. We could get a very good replacement for Shaw and another player to make the team better as whole.

Who would be the 'very good replacement' for Shaw? Certainly, £30 million for Shaw is ridiculous money but I'm not convinced that there's a ready made replacement out there who would be willing to come to us instead of one of the top clubs.

Who would be the 'very good replacement' for Shaw? Certainly, £30 million for Shaw is ridiculous money but I'm not convinced that there's a ready made replacement out there who would be willing to come to us instead of one of the top clubs.

That's why we have a scouting department. I'm sure we could get an excellent left back for £10m. The Left back equivalent of Lovren.

Cortese seems to base his whole reputation on the academy - I cant see us selling any academy players as that would totally discredit what he is trying to nuture - and I for one would nt f**k around with what NC is trying to do

No but Liverpool, United, Chelsea and City would not give two hoots, they have been the biggest or some of them for a generation, he would get trampled upon.

Maybe. With Shaw we've got a £12m player who plays like a £12m player for Saints. Its easy enough to splash that kind of money on a new player but get £3.50 worth in return.

I can't believe you guys are being serious about Luke Shaw. He's worth more to us than any sum of money that the London crews would be willing to splash and we desperately need him here for ever. Be careful what you write even flippantly as you could easily give the guy the wrong messages on here, he is an ardent social media follower and probably reads this forum even if he doesn't reply.

Let's be totally unequivocal about this WE WANT LUKE SHAW TO STAY HERE. EFF OFF CHELSEA, ARSENAL & MANURE!

It would give them a superb left back for the next decade. 30m sadly isn't that much in football any more, ridiculous as that is. You lose a lot more than a left back, you lose some of the hope that you can finally keep your youngsters, you lose a bit of the team spirit and togetherness that comes from players coming through the ranks together.

I can understand if we lose him to a Champions League side in a couple of years, but before that it would be silly. He's in no rush, playing top flight football every week, improving, no doubt in the England squad after the world cup. Saints will just have to try and match his ambition.

What if his ambition is to play for England and play in the champions league next season?

All for his beloved chelsea

I can't believe you guys are being serious about Luke Shaw. He's worth more to us than any sum of money that the London crews would be willing to splash and we desperately need him here for ever. Be careful what you write even flippantly as you could easily give the guy the wrong messages on here, he is an ardent social media follower and probably reads this forum even if he doesn't reply.

Let's be totally unequivocal about this WE WANT LUKE SHAW TO STAY HERE. EFF OFF CHELSEA, ARSENAL & MANURE!

Yeah and down with animal testing! WOOO!!!!

Of course he would, as an example, lets see how many players we keep hold of and who we replace them with. Where we buy our players from and for how much, thats a good indication.

lol, like when arsenal trampled on him for a league one teenager with 6months first team football, how much are they paying us again? when he is fit again? trololol

Oh dear...

attachment.php?attachmentid=1207&d=1387814811

Why have so many people taken that article seriously?!

I can't believe more people haven't jumped on the state of that article. Wrong photo and a sentence midway through which doesn't make sense. Luke's going no where in the foreseeable future, this is a classic story to print this time of year because it requires ZERO EFFORT.

We want all our youngsters to stay. Especially Luke, who has the brightest future possible.

Edited by Tomobz

Why have so many people taken that article seriously?!

I can't believe more people haven't jumped on the state of that article. Wrong photo and a sentence midway through which doesn't make sense. Luke's going no where in the foreseeable future, this is a classic story to print this time of year because it requires ZERO EFFORT.

We want all our youngsters to stay. Especially Luke, who has the brightest future possible.

Ashley has nominated Luke as his replacement on twitter a couple of days ago, I firmly believe that that is on the instructions of his club so they can't be accuse of tapping up while still turning his head.