Everton Build Up Thread

saintchris23

Think I'd use Shaw LMF to give us more pace going forward, sadly lacking since JRod's injury. Clyne at LB and they could double up on Colman, when he comes forward.

Would prefer to use Clyne infront of Chambers if anything, covering and overlapping each other

Think I'd use Shaw LMF to give us more pace going forward, sadly lacking since JRod's injury. Clyne at LB and they could double up on Colman, when he comes forward.

At home you'd expect the full backs to get forward regardless of opposition. Besides, at SMS it's only the full backs that really put the burners on - Lallana and Davis are quick enough to do their bit in midfield.

It's a myth that we lack pace: we just don't play in a way that uses it much at home. Movement is the problem.

Just my opinion but if we carry on playing the pedestrian one paced football of the last few games, we'll struggle to score another goal this season.

Interesting. I saw Lambert and Lallana missing easy chances against Villa but, yeah, if only someone had been running around more quickly at the same time we definitely would have scored

Tough, Tough game.... but one that should provide an excellent game for the neutrals. I think a 2-2 draw is on the cards but would love to see us somehow sneak a win with this one.

My first outing with the Southampton Australian Supporters in Perth so it will be good to be watching the game with a group of Saints fans.

A win will give us our highest premiership point tally I believe ???

Tough, Tough game.... but one that should provide an excellent game for the neutrals. I think a 2-2 draw is on the cards but would love to see us somehow sneak a win with this one.

My first outing with the Southampton Australian Supporters in Perth so it will be good to be watching the game with a group of Saints fans.

A win will give us our highest premiership point tally I believe ???

I too hope to be at that Perth event, but I am feeling a little pessimistic about the result. Felt Everton were outplayed at times against MUFC, but they carved them up on the break. Our back four will have a tough time containing them I fear.

This will no doubt be another Snore draw but the money's been paid so we must endure. Roll on next season although if there is a serious exodus in the summer, it may well be time for me to call time on ST purchase. It's all on the internet in HD nowadays anyway so who needs to fork out over £700 to watch?

Then you'd have to play Davis or JWP out of position on the left. Not sure I would fancy either of them there against Colreman.

Having watched Davis infront of Clyne and Chambers on the right he is very happy to drop back into the fullback position to support one of them breaking forward however of recent neither have gone forward well, unlike Shaw who is always willing to attack therefore I'd be more happy to have Davis on the left helping covering Shaw the only difference between playing with your right foot or left and from what I've seen Davis can use both. which would allow Chambers RB & Clyne RM to cover and attack down the right side.

You expect Clyne can play in midfield in a 433 variation? At the expense of who?

JWP has not done anywhere near enough for me as of recent. He has the makings to be a great player and leader however at the moment we need some injection of pace.

Hopefully Gaston is back for this one, IMO we were unlucky vs Cardiff not to score first half and he was the main threat. Same team that started vs Villa with Gaston in for JWP if he is fit. Clyne will add pace in attack and Big Vic will break up play in midifield, if it weren't for Shaw he was my MOTM vs Villa.

I'd be delighted to get a draw from this and come away without any injuries, we are on BT Sport after all - surely our bad luck on there has to stop at some point!

Hopefully Gaston is back for this one, IMO we were unlucky vs Cardiff not to score first half and he was the main threat. Same team that started vs Villa with Gaston in for JWP if he is fit. Clyne will add pace in attack and Big Vic will break up play in midifield, if it weren't for Shaw he was my MOTM vs Villa.

I'd be delighted to get a draw from this and come away without any injuries, we are on BT Sport after all - surely our bad luck on there has to stop at some point!

Gaston is finished for the league season isn't he? Problems with both ankles . Think he's played his last game for us.

People seem to think that just because Bale turned into an attacking player that every decent left back can now do the same.

tbf our three fullbacks have similar qualities to wingers and are often found in very advanced positions with midfielders covering them for large parts of the game. Plus Chambers and Shaw both have histories of playing as wingers in their youth careers, I think Clyne may have as well.

tbf our three fullbacks have similar qualities to wingers and are often found in very advanced positions with midfielders covering them for large parts of the game. Plus Chambers and Shaw both have histories of playing as wingers in their youth careers, I think Clyne may have as well.
How many goals or assists have the three players contributed this season?

How many goals or assists have the three players contributed this season?

Not many, but it doesn't mean they don't play with a huge amount of attacking license. If Chambers for example makes an attacking run, crosses it, Lambert knocks it down and Rodriguez scores then merely looking at "assists" won't give Chambers any credit as an attacking fullback.

They attack, their return for this season suggests one wouldn't want to rely on them in out and out attacking roles.

If Chambers for example makes an attacking run, crosses it, Lambert knocks it down and Rodriguez scores then merely looking at "assists" won't give Chambers any credit as an attacking fullback.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that Everton had sold out their end , but does anyone know if they've taken the full 3200? Home ends now close to being sold out so hopefully a decent atmosphere for an early ko.

Looking forward to the game, Everton will have to go for the win so should be quite open. Would definitely take a point but a win would be nice to lift the place, lots of negatively at the Cardiff game.

Gallagher IMO isn't ready yet. He needs more time playing U21 football and very ocassional sub appearances , or perhaps a loan spell, rather than being the first change option up front.

Obviously losing Osvaldo and Jay Rod has brought on the need for him to play more, but he isn't at PL level, might get there, but not yet.

Players develop at different rates and Gallagher is playing in a position where it is hard to grow into a game and take it easy. I absolutely trust Pochettino's judgement so if he sees something in him that is good enough for me.

That said we are chronically lacking pace in the final third and I would dearly love an Academy player with some pace to at least be on the bench this weekend. Even if they only came on for the last 15mins it would get the crowd going if the player had a good go at the defence and even if he struggles he will at least create space for other players and keep the Everton defence honest. As it stands, they can push right up the pitch with absolutely no fear about a ball over the top.

Players develop at different rates and Gallagher is playing in a position where it is hard to grow into a game and take it easy. I absolutely trust Pochettino's judgement so if he sees something in him that is good enough for me.

That said we are chronically lacking pace in the final third and I would dearly love an Academy player with some pace to at least be on the bench this weekend. Even if they only came on for the last 15mins it would get the crowd going if the player had a good go at the defence and even if he struggles he will at least create space for other players and keep the Everton defence honest. As it stands, they can push right up the pitch with absolutely no fear about a ball over the top.

Would like to see Omar Rowe have a run out.

Can't see Gaston in the training gallery, so I'd start the same team as at Villa or with Gallagher in for JWP. Maybe even use one of the younger lads like McQueen for a bit of pace. Clyne should keep his place because he's better in the final third than Chambers IMO, Wanyama should too because he'll be able to keep Barkley and co quiet.

-------AB-------

NC--JF---DL--LS

---VW----MS---

SD----AL----JWP

-------RL-------

Can't see Gaston in the training gallery, so I'd start the same team as at Villa or with Gallagher in for JWP. Maybe even use one of the younger lads like McQueen for a bit of pace. Clyne should keep his place because he's better in the final third than Chambers IMO, Wanyama should too because he'll be able to keep Barkley and co quiet.

-------AB-------

NC--JF---DL--LS

---VW----MS---

SD----AL----JWP

-------RL-------

I'm pretty sure Gaston is out for the season with both ankles troubling him. Isn't there anyone else that we can play instead of JWP, absolutely anonymous last week.

Not all about pace. It's about time JWP produces the set pieces and crosses he's capable of and gave Lambert some chances in the air. Yeah we're less of a threat without Rodriguez but let's not make him out to be that brilliant now he's injured. Lallana, Lambert, Ramirez, JWP, Schneiderlin, Shaw and Clyne should be able to create something between them.

He is brilliant actually. When did we last pose a goal threat without him playing?

Nope..... could be elsewhere or just not snapped though, can't see Harry Reed either. Probably means nothing at all.

It normally does indicate they weren't in full training that day. 72 photos is quite a lot for someone not to appear in at all if they were present, even if just in the background.

It normally does indicate they weren't in full training that day. 72 photos is quite a lot for someone not to appear in at all if they were present, even if just in the background.

T'is true, can't see any reason whatsoever for Reed not being apparent though. Morgan takes a lot of knocks every single game so that's less of a surprise. I've noticed him rubbing his head often enough in recent games why that is I've no idea.