Mass "Ignore the trolls" experiment.

Ohio Saint

Lol, this trolling lark is fun. Take a breath man, you are embarrassing yourself with temper tantrums like this, it's just a mong board no need to get your panties in a twist. Lolololol

Completely over your head then, there's a surprise. :mcinnes:

Under your skin by the looks of things, just ignore me instead of all the meltdowns and fake bravado.

Oh, far, far from it pal, you couldn't be more wrong, I'm simply illustrating how easy it is to resort to foul mouthed name calling and petty insults, such as 'get out of your bedsit' but doing this is something you seem to constitute giving someone 'a hell of a beating'

It's weird. I'm very surprised at the difference it makes on the main board all of a sudden. I shouldn't be surprised, but I am! Maybe it's just because I'd become so accustomed to all the nonsense. Anyway, it's a breath of fresh air. Long may it continue!

Fair play to Ohio Saint. Before this thread they had been carrying on for over a year with the trolling without any sign of mods bothering to step in. A couple of weeks after this thread opens and opinions are made clear, both the main offenders are gone. I don't believe that's a coincidence. Perhaps those cancelled subscriptions had some influence. I expect they'll be renewing them after all now.

Credit to mods and Ohio Saint...it's difficult to justify removing anyone and remain even-handed in your approach but the better atmosphere and general enjoyment in the threads that's come out of this thread should, hopefully, provide a model should it ever arise again.

Fair play to Ohio Saint. Before this thread they had been carrying on for over a year with the trolling without any sign of mods bothering to step in. A couple of weeks after this thread opens and opinions are made clear, both the main offenders are gone. I don't believe that's a coincidence. Perhaps those cancelled subscriptions had some influence. I expect they'll be renewing them after all now.

You never know.... ;)

Oh, far, far from it pal, you couldn't be more wrong, I'm simply illustrating how easy it is to resort to foul mouthed name calling and petty insults, such as 'get out of your bedsit' but doing this is something you seem to constitute giving someone 'a hell of a beating'

Well well well, that's 2 down, you'd better wind your neck in to avoid joining them...

What was the straw that broke glasgows back?

He openly slagged off Guly.

NEVER openly slag off Guly!!

In all honesty, his absence probably spoke more then his posting ever could. He had a week away, all was actually quite nice. On return he didn't have a prayer.

Exactly Pap. I have deliberately avoided this thread. However can help but notice many calling for blood on here are the ones that have been sniping about previous banning. I guess calling for bannings are ok providing the bannings shape the forum how you want it to look.

Exactly Pap. I have deliberately avoided this thread. However can help but notice many calling for blood on here are the ones that have been sniping about previous banning. I guess calling for bannings are ok providing the bannings shape the forum how you want it to look.

Isn't that the point, most people want the forum to look like it isn't infested with bell ends, banning them achieves that. Dont worry though, here's a song to cheer you up now your friends have gone...

many calling for blood on here are the ones that have been sniping about previous banning. I guess calling for bannings are ok providing the bannings shape the forum how you want it to look.

Not really. Getting rid of the **** who throws fireworks at Speakers Corner is protecting freedom of speech, not limiting it.

No arguing that point Tim. All I am pointing out is Pap is correct to point out the hypocrisy of a couple of posters who have tried to pin a previous banning on me and how calling for someone to be banned is against everything they stand for, are now applauding the banning of a poster or two. As Pap says, give it a year and I will probably be framed for these bannings as well.

No arguing that point Tim. All I am pointing out is Pap is correct to point out the hypocrisy of a couple of posters who have tried to pin a previous banning on me and how calling for someone to be banned is against everything they stand for, are now applauding the banning of a poster or two. As Pap says, give it a year and I will probably be framed for these bannings as well.

Oh okay, I missed the point due to not treading the whole thread. I thought Deppo died of natural causes.

oj-simpson-smirk.jpg

Oh okay, I missed the point due to not treading the whole thread. I thought Deppo died of natural causes.

Why was Deppo banned? Just popped and I haven't read the thread - wasnt it because Tokyo grassed him up?

Hello hello hello. What's all this then?

As I said in the other thread, don't see anything now or then that really justifies pulling Tokes up on grass charges.

Hm. Two different threads, failure to read both in full, and then a gag. I smell conspiracy.

More like an opportunity to retract certain statements and say soz, but always difficult to know what the eye of the beholder will gaze upon.

Hypothetically speaking, so what if Tokyo grassed? I have very good friends in Japan - it was a very anxious time. When is a cause not just, at least in the eye of the beholder?

Edited by shurlock

I can't really comment as I am not the most sensitive person in the world. As highlighted, I have made jokes or been not NC on many occasions. I however reserve the right to call someone a **** if something ****es me off e.g. sectarian ******.

However, for me to report someone it would have to be pretty ****ing bad and the mods would have to be completely absent. Being called a grass for years without any supporting evidence (or even OJ :) ) was/is a pain in the arse.

So, who has been permabanned in the last 3 years, and for what reasons? I am assuming it's not that common...

Here is the ones that i remember off top of head:

dibden pirleu saint - he was ban for ongoing feud with glasgow or something. You may not remember him, i think you only joined just after he left.

Dog - he was ban for being scatillogical, and i think possibly for posting nips

Dune he was ban for saying Katarina Johnson-Thompson looks like Helena Bonham Carter

Cheese on toast he was ban for openly abusing chalet and generally being nawty

Orange Peels he was ban for being cheese on toast

i feel like there is others too, i will let you know if i think of them!