Mass "Ignore the trolls" experiment.

Ohio Saint

278 total replies. The top 4 posters on this thread:

27 by Glasgow Saint

12 Unbelievable Jeff

11 Barry Sanchez

11 Turkish

The same tedious bellends dominating the board. GET A F*UCKING LIFE YOU BUNCH OF WEIRDOS.

I don't see the problem with them. We ALL need something in our lives to be proud of - you've all got your family, jobs, friends, academic and sporting achievements, hobbies, etc.

Have a thought foe these guys and let them have this place. They need it more than you do.

Why are some people (purposely?) confusing "not renewing subscription" with "threatening to leave"?

Just because I'm not renewing my subscription in September doesn't mean I'm "leaving". I simply don't have as much desire to use the forum as I used to, so 3 posts a day and some lurking will do me fine.

Cue a witty "you won't be missed" retort from one of the usual suspects ;)

Why are some people (purposely?) confusing "not renewing subscription" with "threatening to leave"?

Just because I'm not renewing my subscription in September doesn't mean I'm "leaving". I simply don't have as much desire to use the forum as I used to, so 3 posts a day and some lurking will do me fine.

I am doing neither but have been accused of it by one of the usual suspects. Making stuff up again.

I have been enjoying people threatening to unsubscribe from a football web forum as some grand act of monumental protest.

Puts me in mind of the time Emily Davison threw herself in front of that horse, so it does.

I have been enjoying people threatening to unsubscribe from a football web forum as some grand act of monumental protest.

I've not read the whole thread but I can't see many people "threatening" to unsubscribe in the melodramatic way you portray. I offered the information that it is something that I had decided to do a while back as an aside in a response to someone politely asking how to unsubscribe.

The only 'drama' seems to be coming from those accusing others of being drama queens.

IMO of course.

Off for a few beers and a meal with the missus in a hotel on the outskirts of Norwich. A true yet slightly dull story.

Have a good evening one and all.

You're missing the point Pap

You have to post on here regularly to become aware that some tw ats are posting just for the reaction and therefore should be ignored. There will always be a stream of occasional or new posters who don't realise the posts aren't genuine and will respond to them. Its like trying to organise a winning synchronised swimming when half the team don't know the moves, doomed to failure.

While there's certainly some truth in this, it strikes me that those who regularly rise to the bait posted by Glasgow, Barry and whoever else are not generally new posters. Many exasperated responses to Glasgow, for example, are from Olallana, who's been around long enough to have learnt better by now.

Very true steven. One of the comments that always makes me laugh is when posters demand the mods take action against certain people. Seriously, are people not grown up enough to ignore something they don't like or have enough conviction in their own view point to argue it out.

Spot on Turkish. Allow freedom of speech - otherwise no point having a forum.

Is that position open to negotiation?

Go on. You know you want to.

I would be gutted if trousers dropped down to 3 posts a day, such is the esteem I hold the honourable gentleman on the right. I hope that all those that have announced they're leaving will get the mods the chance to nip specific shít in the bud, and reconsider if things improve.

Perhaps all the fok complaining about the Mods should have a go themselves. Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his moccasins and all that. Far be from me to suggest it is the easiest thing in the world to whine about others when you have no intention of trying it out yourselves, but may I suggest they post on this thread their willingness to carry out the role and I'm sure the current band of mods would love to be shown how to do the role properly.

Perhaps all the fok complaining about the Mods should have a go themselves. Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his moccasins and all that. Far be from me to suggest it is the easiest thing in the world to whine about others when you have no intention of trying it out yourselves, but may I suggest they post on this thread their willingness to carry out the role and I'm sure the current band of mods would love to be shown how to do the role properly.

When I gave it a go I was deleting trolling posts left right and centre, and got a sh*t storm of abuse for it. I would suggest some people just don't know what they want.

When I gave it a go I was deleting trolling posts left right and centre, and got a sh*t storm of abuse for it. I would suggest some people just don't know what they want.

I can imagine mate. A thankless task that is never appreciated by the easily offended.

You got protests for pretty obvious reasons. Anyone who posts with the sheer volume of the likes of Barry, Glasgow and Turkish is clearly using a huge amount of their time working on this, in some cases, clearly to escape crappy jobs or to avoid being with their kids or partners. If they have invested this much in their posting, they are also going to whine the most when the moderators sweep away the crap they fill the board with it. Allowing the trolls to post what they want, because they complain otherwise is a bit pathetic.

In the past I know of a couple of posters who were only allowed to post on the muppet show so that their trolling couldn't get in the way of main board debates, you can always try that again.

How about right if instead of bans & ignores Steve sets it so that there is an automatic disclaimer in front of each post? These could be individually set to each poster. Here is some ideas:

Barry Sanchez post: WARNING: The following post may be v.dumb + make no sense

Glasgow posts: WARNING: Opinions stated do not represent the views of Glasgow Saint

Bearsy posts: WARNING: May contain purpose made typos & violent sexual imagery

How about right if instead of bans & ignores Steve sets it so that there is an automatic disclaimer in front of each post? These could be individually set to each poster. Here is some ideas:

Glasgow posts: WARNING: Opinions stated do not represent the views of Glasgow Saint

The VMan posts: WARNING: may actually contain information which is true.

Hahaha, brilliant!

You got protests for pretty obvious reasons. Anyone who posts with the sheer volume of the likes of Barry, Glasgow and Turkish is clearly using a huge amount of their time working on this, in some cases, clearly to escape crappy jobs or to avoid being with their kids or partners. If they have invested this much in their posting, they are also going to whine the most when the moderators sweep away the crap they fill the board with it. Allowing the trolls to post what they want, because they complain otherwise is a bit pathetic.

In the past I know of a couple of posters who were only allowed to post on the muppet show so that their trolling couldn't get in the way of main board debates, you can always try that again.

I didn't, I just couldn't be arsed with it anymore.

A few backtracking like an italian tank already :lol:

Not me pal. I'm back as a non-subscriber, 3 posts a day. However, as you can see from my meagre post count I don't even average 3 posts a day so I will be largely unaffected.

Also, I have seen some allude to the fact people were leaving in protest. I think most are actually just not bother to support the site with their hard earned.

You carry on tho... You're doing a fantastic job.

Oh and for the record. I don't want anybody banned. I just want less point scoring and general squabbling. I have ignored for years but have felt over the last year that the volume of garbage has increased to ludicrous levels. So much so it has over shadowed what was an excellent source for all the latest Saints.

That being said, I've made my feelings known as have others. I see no point in contributing to this thread any further. It's clear this is a decisive issue with polar opposite views. Some suggesting there is no problem, some saying there is a problem but best to do nothing, then there is the camp I fall into claiming it's ruining our enjoyment etc.

You can't please everyone, I accept that. Like a coward who refuses to complain at a restaurant - I'll vote with my feet thanks very much.

As you were...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is going very well :-)

Absolute comedy and highlights what a pathetic, whinging bunch of wet lettuce there are on here. Naturally Francis little meltdown was hilarious, followed closely by Clowns who will stop posting once their subscription runs out for starters, if it's that bad on here why not stop posting now?! Does a fiver really mean they much to you. The whinging about paying customers not having to handle 'trolls' was another good one. It's an Internet forum to talk about football and inane bol*ocks, believe it or not people what you post on here doesn't matter, no one cares and it doesn't make any difference to anything! Still the drivelling saps are out in force on this thread with their self importance and moral high ground. This thread has certainly confirmed why this is place us known as the mongboard.

Absolute comedy and highlights what a pathetic, whinging bunch of wet lettuce there are on here. Naturally Francis little meltdown was hilarious, followed closely by Clowns who will stop posting once their subscription runs out for starters, if it's that bad on here why not stop posting now?! Does a fiver really mean they much to you. The whinging about paying customers not having to handle 'trolls' was another good one. It's an Internet forum to talk about football and inane bol*ocks, believe it or not people what you post on here doesn't matter, no one cares and it doesn't make any difference to anything! Still the drivelling saps are out in force on this thread with their self importance and moral high ground. This thread has certainly confirmed why this is place us known as the mongboard.

You have a very low comedy threshold. You always seem to find everything funny.

Yeah, I have to agree with this.

Its a fiver, FFS...........

Some real d*ck-waving going on, far worse than the "Please dont quote xxx, I have him on ignore" posts.

And that's why most people believe that you should be chucked off if this site you odious ..nt.

More abuse and name calling, love it another one who can't control himself. Brilliant stuff this. Love your speaking for everyone too, 'most people'. LMAO.

Absolute comedy and highlights what a pathetic, whinging bunch of wet lettuce there are on here. Still the drivelling saps are out in force on this thread with their self importance and moral high ground. This thread has certainly confirmed why this is place us known as the mongboard.

Why don't you all stop posting then?

I'm sure the irony isn't lost on you that the only ones whinging like wet lettuces on this thread are yourself and the usual suspects.

What a bunch of dummies. Seriously, you're all sh1t at it.

Pathetic.

More abuse and name calling, love it another one who can't control himself. Brilliant stuff this. Love your speaking for everyone too, 'most people'. LMAO.

Are you really that ugly a character in real life, or is it just your 'comedy' web persona? Just curious to understand why it is you get off on sneering, patronising sarcasm on something as trivial as this place, just to wind a few folk up? Must have been through some nasty stuff in your life if this give you so much pleasure. I pity you.

Yet you whine and whinge about everything Saints do, having meltdowns often. What a hippocrite!

Wow! Look at all the 'bully boys' name calling, being personal and abusive, I think that's five in the last hour, yet this is all fine on their forum! No need for the mods to take action on this I imagine!!!! A master class in mongboard hypocrisy. Well done chaps.

Only where it's deservedly earned and in this instance it certainly is.

I've been a site regular for many years, probably too many, but your and your alter egos deliberate derailing of discussions is pointless and should be halted by the mods.

I really couldn't care less about you, but I do care for my team, what they do and for my decent fellow saints fans, which you are clearly not.

TBH, you remind me of a cuckold man desperately wanting others to think that you're the big I am whilst knowing deep inside that your life is utterly pointless.

Only where it's deservedly earned and in this instance it certainly is.

I've been a site regular for many years, probably too many, but your and your alter egos deliberate derailing of discussions is pointless and should be halted by the mods.

I really couldn't care less about you, but I do care for my team, what they do and for my decent fellow saints fans, which you are clearly not.

TBH, you remind me of a cuckold man desperately wanting others to think that you're the big I am whilst knowing deep inside that your life is utterly pointless.

So My life is pointless but it's not me bring personal abusive, screaming and crying and demand the mods protect me from the nasty men I don't like because and anonymous Internet forum isn't exactly how I dreamt it would be. lmao

So My life is pointless but it's not me bring personal abusive, screaming and crying and demand the mods protect me from the nasty men I don't like because and anonymous Internet forum isn't exactly how I dreamt it would be. lmao

He's dead right Turkish. It's the only thing that explains your childish crusade on this thread.

Wow! Look at all the 'bully boys' name calling, being personal and abusive, I think that's five in the last hour, yet this is all fine on their forum! No need for the mods to take action on this I imagine!!!! A master class in mongboard hypocrisy. Well done chaps.

Yet your posts are full of insults. GS and BS get off on the trolling, but you are just a nasty piece of work.

Yet your posts are full of insults. GS and BS get off on the trolling, but you are just a nasty piece of work.

Quote where I have insulted someone on this thread to an equivalent level to i have been. Personal stuff about my life, called someone a c*nt etc. If what you say is true is should be easy.

No screaming and crying from me. Never once complained to the mods..

I need no protection from you, as you offer me no threat.

You do however deliberately trash this site , which is my issue, to make you feel better about yourself and your minuscule existence as highlighted by your excessive posting and immature "debating" skills.

You can LMFAO all you like, but you know, as do most of the sane people on here, that this place and the people on it bother you and your alter egos way, way too much.

My advice to you, as an experienced citizen if the world, is to get a life. It's not that hard, open the door from your crappy bedsit, go out in the world, meet real live people and do something worthwhile. In a few days you'll thank me.

Quote where I have insulted someone on this thread to an equivalent level to i have been. Personal stuff about my life, called someone a c*nt etc. If what you say is true is should be easy.

Your lack of self awareness is staggering... Or at least how you portray yourself... You are just much more subtle in your insults, that's all.... Surprised you have not suggested ,..again...yawn... That my responses must be down to being some sort of lush, drunk or whatever. You are not a troll Turkish, you are just a nasty piece of work that amuses yourself by laughing at anyone for whatever reason takes your fancy... As I said i pity you

So who decides what makes somebody a troll? This site is full of people who like to judge others simply because they don't believe what's being said.

I've been called a troll in the past because certain people didn't believe what I was saying and I refused to reveal my source. The fact that my information was coming first hand from Dave Bassett was irrelevant. From my own experience the people who do all the judging actually seem to be the ones least in the know.

No screaming and crying from me. Never once complained to the mods..

I need no protection from you, as you offer me no threat.

You do however deliberately trash this site , which is my issue, to make you feel better about yourself and your minuscule existence as highlighted by your excessive posting and immature "debating" skills.

You can LMFAO all you like, but you know, as do most of the sane people on here, that this place and the people on it bother you and your alter egos way, way too much.

My advice to you, as an experienced citizen if the world, is to get a life. It's not that hard, open the door from your crappy bedsit, go out in the world, meet real live people and do something worthwhile. In a few days you'll thank me.

You're last paragraph is something special pal. Giving advice to someone you've never met on how to improve a life you've invented they have, all from 'an experienced citizen of the world' shortly after slamming someone's 'immature debating skills'. Excellent work sir!!!