Mass "Ignore the trolls" experiment.

Ohio Saint

Not forgetting the group who on hearing someone say something They don't like or agree with go running to the bar demand the bouncers take action.

No doubt there will be quite a few who hero worship the CEO of the brewery and claim with his drive and ambition the pub is in it's best condition ever, the food is second to none, the selection of lagers, ales and wines a joy to behold and it's the greatest time ever to be a drinker in our pub. They'll probably sing his name whilst ordering a round and anyone who dares to mention that you now have to pay to use the pub car park, the prices have rocketed as well as the general shoddy treatment of bar managers, staff and distain they hold for customers has an agenda and is probably a regular at weatherspoons.

:lol: bang on :lol:

I'm no fan of the ignore button, never used it. However, this forum has become so polluted now, I wonder what would happen if ALL those of us that are fed up with the WUMs put them on ignore simultaneously. Would it work? Would it change the look of the threads at all? I think it's time to try it as this forum is becoming unusable. It just might stand a chance if we did it in unison.
"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response ...". Not really a problem to me people posting garbage that I don't agree with or I just find utter tripe, it's all opinion. What I do dislike and think should be stopped by the mods is the use of words such as "mongs". I challenge any of you out there not to hide behind your ramblings and explain to me why this word is not offensive and why any post using the word should not be blocked? (I'm expecting this to be ignored).

What I do dislike and think should be stopped by the mods is the use of words such as "mongs". I challenge any of you out there not to hide behind your ramblings and explain to me why this word is not offensive and why any post using the word should not be blocked? (I'm expecting this to be ignored).

“It’s now very common to hear people say “I’m rather offended by that”, as if that gives them certain rights. It’s actually no more than a whine. “I find that offensive”. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. “I’m offended by that”, well so ****ing what.”

“It’s now very common to hear people say “I’m rather offended by that”, as if that gives them certain rights. It’s actually no more than a whine. “I find that offensive”. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. “I’m offended by that”, well so ****ing what.”
Well, I think I've deciphered your post. You really should google "inverted commas" it might be of help.

No doubt there will be quite a few who hero worship the CEO of the brewery and claim with his drive and ambition the pub is in it's best condition ever, the food is second to none, the selection of lagers, ales and wines a joy to behold and it's the greatest time ever to be a drinker in our pub. They'll probably sing his name whilst ordering a round and anyone who dares to mention that you now have to pay to use the pub car park, the prices have rocketed as well as the general shoddy treatment of bar managers, staff and distain they hold for customers has an agenda and is probably a regular at weatherspoons.

You got that wrong for starters... The majority of the the regulars are indifferent to the CEO of te brewery, as they have never met him, but appreciate that before the brewery took over, the local was going down the pan. They are reasonably happy because despite some irritating little things like paying for parking, the pub is open doing well and quality of the beer has improved massively. Unfortunately the atmosphere is a bit crap now, as there are 3 or 4 folk who are always stood at the bar mouthing off as loudly as possible like a broken record about the same...same things, from how much they dislike the evil CEO, how much more they know about the beer than anyone else, and generally just ****ing a load of customers off. Some customers no longer visit, others less than they used to and the landlord appears not to care...

You got that wrong for starters... The majority of the the regulars....

Well said Frank. Thankfully in our theoretical forum pub there remains the old codger or two playing dominoes in the corner who is happy to stand up and speak up for the majority of the pub and its punters, despite how ridiculous they sound doing so. The type who will join the ranks of those staring into their drinks listening to the other OAPs drone on and on and on and on with their own stories of how things would be better if only they had their own way, and how things were do much more enjoyable in their day.

Admittedly these pensioners can't afford to attend the pub as much as they would like, and certainly not as much as in their formative years. Yet their incessant drivel of remembering the pub days of yore is condensed into a time of more turgid boredom when they do actually turn up for their daily half pint of ale.

Edited by The Kraken

Sorry that it was your post that provoked me into responding to this thread, it wasnt personal. Yours was simply the latest in a long line.

I am just bemused that some of you think that there is a small group of posters who, having unconventional opinions and a somewhat unconventional approach to discussing them, are deliberately setting out to ruin the site.

You may be right. Its all the bitter tit for tat that puts me off

You got that wrong for starters... The majority of the the regulars are indifferent to the CEO of te brewery' date=' as they have never met him, but appreciate that before the brewery took over, the local was going down the pan. They are reasonably happy because despite some irritating little things like paying for parking, the pub is open doing well and quality of the beer has improved massively. Unfortunately the atmosphere is a bit crap now, as there are 3 or 4 folk who are always stood at the bar mouthing off as loudly as possible like a broken record about the same...same things, from how much they dislike the evil CEO, how much more they know about the beer than anyone else, and generally just ****ing a load of customers off. Some customers no longer visit, others less than they used to and the landlord appears not to care...[/quote']

Talking if regulars there is this one chap who you don't want to get stuck with, my god he's boring. Bit of a know it all and a massive sense of self importance, He just rambles on and on and on, talking and talking, half the time you're not even sure what he is going on about and what point he is making, that does stop him though, on and on and on. A couple times he's provided amusement by being in when he was drunk, bit of a lightweight and an angry drunk and he's gone off on one ranting and raving but apart from when he's had one too many he's a tedious bore. I suppose every pub has one or two like that though.

Talking if regulars there is this one chap who you don't want to get stuck with, my god he's boring. Bit of a know it all and a massive sense of self importance, He just rambles on and on and on, talking and talking, half the time you're not even sure what he is going on about and what point he is making, that does stop him though, on and on and on. A couple times he's provided amusement by being in when he was drunk, bit of a lightweight and an angry drunk and he's gone off on one ranting and raving but apart from when he's had one too many he's a tedious bore. I suppose every pub has one or two like that though.

'Sense of self importance,'? Nah, not me, know my place, but you obviously suffer from a lack of self awareness... Maybe (I would hope so anyway) it's just your chosen forum persona, the bully boy, cruel and happy to continually spout made up rubbish about posters, for you own amusement - and you have the audacity to consider Cortese 'not a nice person' without a hint of irony ....what's the matter bully boy, why the hard act all the time ? Any skeletons in your closet that haunt you, or too shy to say? I used to think you were just trying too hard to be funny, but sadly it's true, you are just being a c*nt. But don't be offended, you can't take the ''mong' board so seriously can you.

'Sense of self importance' date=''? Nah, not me, know my place, but you obviously suffer from a lack of self awareness... Maybe (I would hope so anyway) it's just your chosen forum persona, the bully boy, cruel and happy to continually spout made up rubbish about posters, for you own amusement - and you have the audacity to consider Cortese 'not a nice person' without a hint of irony ....what's the matter bully boy, why the hard act all the time ? Any skeletons in your closet that haunt you, or too shy to say? I used to think you were just trying too hard to be funny, but sadly it's true, you are just being a c*nt. But don't be offended, you can't take the ''mong' board so seriously can you.[/quote']

You've started early Francis!!

I see you thought I was talking about you! what were you saying about not having a massive sense of self importance?!! :lol:

'Sense of self importance' date=''? Nah, not me, know my place, but you obviously suffer from a lack of self awareness... Maybe (I would hope so anyway) it's just your chosen forum persona, the bully boy, cruel and happy to continually spout made up rubbish about posters, for you own amusement - and you have the audacity to consider Cortese 'not a nice person' without a hint of irony ....what's the matter bully boy, why the hard act all the time ? Any skeletons in your closet that haunt you, or too shy to say? I used to think you were just trying too hard to be funny, but sadly it's true, you are just being a c*nt. But don't be offended, you can't take the ''mong' board so seriously can you.[/quote']

:lol:

That's actually pretty funny.

You've started early Francis!!

I see you thought I was talking about you! what were you saying about not having a massive sense of self importance?!! :lol:

Well as you, kraken, CB and that Hypo who is normally up one of your arses, seem to obsessively follow me around with the same mundane critique, it's an easy assumption to make. Won't be long before they all show up.... You must be slacking though as beaten to it by that other patronising fellow Kracken today... Early start for him too

That's 4 on this thread that have quit due to the mods non-action, wonder how many more will go.

UJ, let's try an experiment. We can call in 'UJ Mods'. Send me a PM with what you want me to do each time. Let's see how it goes.

4 people out of the 542 who have read this thread. If the forum is so bad why did you come back for a second round?

Well as you' date=' kraken, CB and that Hypo who is normally up one of your arses, seem to obsessively follow me around with the same mundane critique, it's an easy assumption to make. Won't be long before they all show up.... You must be slacking though as beaten to it by that other patronising fellow Kracken today... Early start for him too[/quote']

I hope you are referring to "fry"

Well as you' date=' kraken, CB and that Hypo who is normally up one of your arses, seem to obsessively follow me around with the same mundane critique, it's an easy assumption to make. Won't be long before they all show up.... You must be slacking though as beaten to it by that other patronising fellow Kracken today... Early start for him too[/quote']

I follow you around do I?, yet who was the one that started this little round off? Oh that's right it was you. It was you that replied to me telling me I was wrong, Speaking for others, making things up and droning on and on and on. Not a hit of self importance though :lol:

On another note your angry, feet stamping responses do highlight one of the problems with this forum though. a few lighthearted posts, you've jumped on trying to join in, it hasn't gone your way you've and gotten all upset, taking it all very personally are now sulking about being bullied and calling people c*nts. How old are you FFS?

Edited by Turkish

UJ, let's try an experiment. We can call in 'UJ Mods'. Send me a PM with what you want me to do each time. Let's see how it goes.

4 people out of the 542 who have read this thread. If the forum is so bad why did you come back for a second round?

Hi St Chalet

I can only speak for myself here but the reason I don't bother paying anymore is because when I come on here to see what's going on at my club (instead of searching numerous places and is a great place for obvious reasons) the same old wan**rs spout the same old bo11ocks.

The issue I have is that far too often good threads that start well invairiably get drailled which is frustrating to say the least.

Did DPS just get outed?! Oops

278 total replies. The top 4 posters on this thread:

27 by Glasgow Saint

12 Unbelievable Jeff

11 Barry Sanchez

11 Turkish

The same tedious bellends dominating the board. GET A F*UCKING LIFE YOU BUNCH OF WEIRDOS.

That's 4 on this thread that have quit due to the mods non-action, wonder how many more will go.

But nobody has quit. You for example said you have/will/would but have posted over 50x since (12 x on this thread alone)

If i ruin your SWF experience stop following me about, stop posting about me, stop thinking about me and quit wanting to meet me.

278 total replies. The top 4 posters on this thread:

27 by Glasgow Saint

12 Unbelievable Jeff

11 Barry Sanchez

11 Turkish

The same tedious bellends dominating the board. GET A F*UCKING LIFE YOU BUNCH OF WEIRDOS.

Turkish, barry and i are also being mentioned far more than any other posters. We have a right to reply when our good forum names are posted... Dont we?

This is the issue here, you want a forum where there is no challenge and no defence.

Nearly 300 posts but no examples of any troll posts provided. Its now, not what they say but the way the say it.....

No excuse for UJ

Subscription cancelled.

I used to enjoy posting on this forum but I don't anymore.

Here in lies the problem.

As all the true Saints cancel their subscriptions.

We are left with the likes of Glasgow , Sanchez , Turkish ,Alpine etc ...and the other dozen identities that these strange peeps bring up when required.

As others have said Pompey , bully boyz or just in need of further medication .

They are slowly draining any enjoyment out of being involved with this forum.

By their sheer weight in number of posts to take the piiiisss or just drone out Saints supporters is proof enough for me.

Corp Ho and his little gang of fellow like minded posters..gains his revenge:p

Not that I am a great loss to debate :D..I am a happy clapper and want Saints to do well..

Unlike the Pompey idiots who have taken over the Saints Web forum:(

My subscription is being cancelled as well.

Edited by ottery st mary

Why don't all the whingers set up their own forum? Too much like hard work I guess. If you say this place is crap, then just f**k off and do something else instead? Why subject yourself to something you don't like. I know. You secretly love it and can't resist coming on here calling GS, Turkish, CB Fry, etc a shower of c***s. You love it you dirty forum slags, love it. Stop whinging, harden up and get posting.

Subscription cancelled.

The paying customers have spoken time and time again.

To be told to grow up and/or ignore comments whilst at the same time, having infractions (why did the mods not just ignore my comments then) is just laughable

Shame, but there we go

Turkish, barry and i are also being mentioned far more than any other posters. We have a right to reply when our good forum names are posted... Dont we?

This is the issue here, you want a forum where there is no challenge and no defence.

Nearly 300 posts but no examples of any troll posts provided. Its now, not what they say but the way the say it.....

No excuse for UJ

It does make me laugh this place. Last night and This morning I was posting light hearted comments, not 'trolling' not winding anyone one up. Someone jumped in wanting to engage and within 4 posts was being called a bully boy, c*nt and lacking in self awareness. Yet I'm not screaming and crying about how terrible this forum is and demanding the mods take action banning people. Honestly, I do question the fragile mental state of some of the people that are on here.

Why don't all the whingers set up their own forum? Too much like hard work I guess. If you say this place is crap, then just f**k off and do something else instead? Why subject yourself to something you don't like. I know. You secretly love it and can't resist coming on here calling GS, Turkish, CB Fry, etc a shower of c***s. You love it you dirty forum slags, love it. Stop whinging, harden up and get posting.

This.

There is even a precedent, this happened from the Ugly Inside a few years ago. Some posters got do p*ssed off with StuRomseySaint so they created a new site called itsbeautifuloutside. It's still going. Some on the UI continue to post on both.

There you go...You sum it up mate.

So you would be which one of the shower of Pompey James Hunts ?

What the forum has come to with you people.

Stick with it Ottery . I know it's frustrating and the enjoyment has gone . I'm also a saints fan who wears my saints heart on my sleeve and like you I want the saints to do well. There have been far more darker days in the past for saints . Look at the branfoot days . I still got behind the team and manager even then

There have been times I have come close to walking away from this forum. But if I did then the the blue few and idiots will have won . I have not put Glasgow on my ignore list as some of his posts are amusing

So for the time being I am not going to give them that pleasure of walking away like some excellent former members have done

Thank the Lord that the-good-posters-who-continue-to-post-on-here-and-you-can-see-why are still posting on here.

I mean, what would the forum do without the emoticon laden incoherent drivel from Ottery St Mary. Such insight. Such wit. And oh so many smilies. I LOLZ I do. Really I do.

So much better than those horrid troll types.

I quite like reading the squabbling, I find it just as interesting as the saints talk!

If you only like saints talk you should try not606

If you only like squabbling you should try the ugly

If you like both you should stay here.

This is my consumer advice for forum bros!

You can't beat a good old attention seeking post. "I'm quitting, I am. Just you watch me. I'm not paying any more. This will cause everyone to panic as I'm clearly THAT important."

It's right up there with the "Im such a simpleton that I can't just ignore that online user so instead I'm going to tell the forum that he's on my ignore list every single time he posts" brigade.

Thank the Lord that the-good-posters-who-continue-to-post-on-here-and-you-can-see-why are still posting on here.

I mean, what would the forum do without the emoticon laden incoherent drivel from Ottery St Mary. Such insight. Such wit. And oh so many smilies. I LOLZ I do. Really I do.

So much better than those horrid troll types.

Yes mate...I have run out of crayons.

I see all you hard boyz and girlz coming out to play this morning.

You carry on and play with each other .

Good luck:p

I've already cancelled the paypal payments but no idea when it actually runs out. Apart from anything else it's not worth it for me anymore as I hardly post anyway.

Yes mate...I have run out of crayons.

I see all you hard boyz and girlz coming out to play this morning.

You carry on and play with each other .

Good luck:p

Fine. Don't post ever again. The forum's pointless smiley count will take a hammering but I think the rest of us will cope.

Anyway, must dash as I am off to support Portsmouth because I am a Portsmouth fan who has been supporting Portsmouth since I started posting on this forum's predecessor when Stuart Gray was in charge. I've played the long game, sure, but you've worked me out.

Up the Pompeys and stuff.

Ps some of those other topics on this forum are excellent and helpful .

Come on guys Special K CB etc show some respect for each other's posts and views . And kraken if your having a slight pop at me for putting a couple of folk on my ignore list and it is only a handful. I think it is 3 to be precise then go ahead make my day

Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me

Now come on saints beat the swans today

That's 4 as a direct result of this thread. There are others, me included, who have previously cancelled their subscription as a direct result of the lack of moderation and control of these irritating trolls, but still read between the ignores and occasionally post (thats one of my 3 posts gone which is a shame on an away match day)

I dont remember him / her?

Any other examples or is this another SWF myth?

Listen pal, You and your pals have been told to pipe down. In any other football forum this would be enough to make you STFU but there is very little moderation here anymore.

It's so invisible that posters like you are allowed to roam free and ruin 97% of threads. I know you don't think you do, I know you think you are just posting a different opinion but consensus here says that isn't the way it is perceived. Wake up and smell the coffee.

I visit other forums and this level of WUMing just isn't tolerated. Sure you get the odd post but it's quickly quelled. And it's to the benefit of the forum that not all threads are ruined. It doesn't quell debate, it doesn't mean everyone agrees, it just means threads don't get de-railed and become a personality-fest featuring you and your pals.

You know who you are. It's calculated and clinical. You are very good at what you do. I'm sure you get massive kicks out of it. I'm sure you are not saints supporters at all but some kind of cyber vermin that registers for many forums. Like a virus that attacks sites in the attempt to completely grind them into the ground through calculated and cynical thread derailment. Well done. You are succeeding. However, the fight back is on. Your time here is limited.

My advice to you and your pals is to drop your current usernames and register again... Only this time try and not be such an annoying jerks. It's the only way forward. Your current usernames are completely and unquestionably untenable.

Either that, or as someone else has already said... Get to the Lounge. This forum is 100% saints.

If I were a moderator, as soon as I smelled your BS I would swat you like a fly! Any attempts at WUMing would just be deleted.

Censorship this ain't... Just controlling the vermin.. Like you would any pest.

Keep it on topic. Keep it fair. Stop asking opposing questions with the only intent to cause a reaction. Keep it Saints.

This really is a fork in the road for this forum. I have not paid my fiver this year as I decided I no longer felt comfortable supporting this site. I suggest many others do this if they feel this forum has become tedious and boring. This would do far more to affect change if the funding for the site was drastically reduced.

And the "just ignore them" line peddled out whenever these kind of threads crop up is pointless too. The vermin are like locusts and consume vast swathes of threads. You're basically telling me to ignore almost entire threads. Pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and there will come a time when Granty might say f-you lot and pull the site down. The trolls would have won, the Skate in Saints clothing would be able to back and brag to all on POL that he had got the saints forum closed. Ive met Granty and Baj and they are both decent lads and to a degree rely on people to be mature. The only issue I have is that posters like Bearsy who really add humour to stressful threads get infractions and GS can intentionally either derail or inflame to suit his Pompey agenda.

IMO Turkish is never a troll, just good at throwing a grenade into a debate.