Your SAINTS team of the SEASON

Glasgow_Saint

JWP? Ramirez? Both have made a number of appearances this season. Guess weve had a pretty solid 11 starting most games this season

It is literally just going to be a battle for Clyne and Cork and 90% of people will choose Clyne. Cork vs Wanyama will be the only debate of any substance.

We have been very lucky with injuries and suspensions this seasons, thats for sure.

Allowed us to play a very regular and stable side throughout

Not so much that, more that the understudies like Osvaldo, g-nigga, jos, maya, fox, kelvin, Ramirez, ward prowse, Gallagher etc were not v.convincing

As our superb season draws to a close, who makes your SAINTS team of the season?

Boruc

Clyne

Shaw

Lovren

Fonte

Davis

Cork

Schneiderlin

Lallana

Lambert

Rodriguez

Think it has to be that. Wanyama hasn't played enough and has been poor in a few games. Chambers also hasn't played that many games

We have been very lucky with injuries and suspensions this seasons, thats for sure.

Allowed us to play a very regular and stable side throughout

Apart from December and January of course, when we were without Boruc, Lovren, Fonte, Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Ramirez, Osvaldo and others for varying amounts of time, strangely coincident with our run of bad form. But for sure its easy to pick our best XI, with only the Clyne/Chambers and Wanyama/Cork decisions really to be made.

No. I've been critical of him several times and still have the opinion that he's not good enough. Don't think he offers a lot, and is too lightweight. A lot of posters have been banging on about his excellent dead ball delivery. How many goals and assists does he have?

No. I've been critical of him several times and still have the opinion that he's not good enough. Don't think he offers a lot, and is too lightweight. A lot of posters have been banging on about his excellent dead ball delivery. How many goals and assists does he have?

0 goals 2 assists i think? Sunderland at home and away at Stoke in November

Agree the only conundrum is Chambers or Clyne. Clyne for me, just, although Chambers was preferred in some games.

Had Osvaldo not acted like a **** and finished his season off with us, I still think he could have been in there. He has some skills, and while he only scored thrice for us, would have grown into the Premier League over time. Moot point though.

With a possible depleted squad next year, I wager Wanyama will be in our team of the year next year.

If we consider our best part of the season, then I'd say the standard team and Clyne/Wanyama.

Overall, I'd still consider Clyne over Chambers. Clyne has been very good but he got injured halfway through the season. Had this not happened, I doubt Chambers would've had that many chances to justify such a long run of games. He did play well and certainly in the future I think Chambers will become our no.1 RB but Clyne is better than him right now. Possibly the player I feel is most likely to be sold should a good bid come in.

The situation is the same re Wanyama. Cork would've probably played much less this season had he not had his injury and struggled to return to form. However, as we already knew, Jack has the technical ability that our short passing game demands and you can tell the difference between his and Victor's passes. He has been excellent at times so he may just get in over Wanyama in my best team. I do feel however that he will be playing less and less should both be in squad next season. The DM position is more about presence and pressure than technique.

As our superb season draws to a close, who makes your SAINTS team of the season?

Boruc

Clyne

Shaw

Lovren

Fonte

Davis

Cork

Schneiderlin

Lallana

Lambert

Rodriguez

Whose in your Saintsweb team of the season ? here's mine:

Boruc = Glasgow, slightly mental but we notice when he isn't here.

Clyne = Alp's cos clyney goes up and down the pitch as often as Alp's emotional roller coaster during the season

Fonte = Pap cos it seems he has been here ages and direct's rep points.

Lovren = Goatboy as best "newcomer" to the team.

Shaw = Vacant - As I have yet to find anyone who can boast a Nando's record to match Luke.

Big Vic = Tokyo Saint cos after his father in law and dogging walk stories no man can get past him.

Spiderman = St Chalet for intercepting and shutting down any wayward threads before they escalated.

Davies = Gotta be Barry for his persistent nature and believing in death by a thousand cuts approach to making a point.

Lallana = Bearsy, unpredictable price pikey who is also team capt for his outstanding work on the 50 shades of grey thread.

JRod = Pastor Patron for consistently point scoring well this season but tailed off recently.

Rickie = Dubai Phil as he is used to lots balls flying towards him.

Clyne = Alp's cos clyney goes up and down the pitch as often as Alp's emotional roller coaster during the season

Shaw = Vacant - As I have yet to find anyone who can boast a Nando's record to match Luke.

Big Vic = Tokyo Saint cos after his father in law and dogging walk stories no man can get past him.

Spiderman = St Chalet for intercepting and shutting down any wayward threads before they escalated.

Davies = Gotta be Barry for his persistent nature and believing in death by a thousand cuts approach to making a point.

Lallana = Bearsy, unpredictable price pikey who is also team capt for his outstanding work on the 50 shades of grey thread.

JRod = Pastor Patron for consistently point scoring well this season but tailed off recently.

Alps as Clyne? There is no up and down going on, it's just down, down, down.

Turkish is osvaldo. Spikey, difficult character who thinks he's a cut above the rest, but aside from the odd moment of brilliance (goal v man city) is not very good, a waste of time, and generally loathed by his team mates.

In terms of the team, has to be victor for me. Our defensive record with him in the team means he has to play, much as I like cork. And agree, chambers v Clyne is difficult, but Clyne edges it IMHO.

:lol: very good :)

Maybe trousers or U.Jeff can be Guly? Cos they are leaving soon and not very good ;) (jokes)

Alps as Clyne? There is no up and down going on, it's just down, down, down.

Turkish is osvaldo. Spikey, difficult character who thinks he's a cut above the rest, but aside from the odd moment of brilliance (goal v man city) is not very good, a waste of time, and generally loathed by his team mates.

:o

I think Alpine has to be Jos.

Own goal after own goal, generally mistrusted but many seem to have a soft spot for him, eventually out of the team but still pops up to have a quick pint with the lads.