Dejan Lovren - Transfer Rumours

St Chalet

Liverpool Table £8m Offer For Southampton Defender Dejan Lovren

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/05/21/liverpool-table-8m-offer-for-southampton-defender-dejan-lovren/

floor.gif

This is what will happen though, the board have kind of played their hand and showed a bit of neivity - so every club will be testing the water, as we have so many good players.

They should not have publicly come out and said ''We've inherited a bad financial situation'' and ''we will start discussions with clubs at the end of the season'' - as that basically says, we're open for business. Come and talk to us, welcome to the South Coast fire sale. Pathetically nievee and has set the tone for the entire summer. That's why I'm kind of happy that the club keep quiet until there's something to announce, as everything they've said so far has either been PR Guff or an own goal of the highest order.

This is what will happen though, the board have kind of played their hand and showed a bit of neivity - so every club will be testing the water, as we have so many good players.

They should not have publicly come out and said ''We've inherited a bad financial situation'' and ''we will start discussions with clubs at the end of the season'' - as that basically says, we're open for business. Come and talk to us, welcome to the South Coast fire sale. Pathetically nievee and has set the tone for the entire summer. That's why I'm kind of happy that the club keep quiet until there's something to announce, as everything they've said so far has either been PR Guff or an own goal of the highest order.

Agree, Reeds statement has been the only decent one really but Ralf wades in and makes stupid comments in his quest to be open with the fans but no one actually has a clue what's going on anyway.

But they communicate with the fans and are more open with us......

The other PL Chairmen hated dealing with NC because he was "unreasonable" and "difficult", I'm sure they're going to love dealing with RK. He will be cannon fodder for people like Levy.

Agreed - The one thing I always liked about the don was in his interview last pre-season he said how the "perception" of the club is important - in that sense he was spot on.

A rather simplistic view.

Yes it wasn't a very appropriate comment but the extent of the damage depends on the motivation behind it. If it's true and we're in financial difficulties, then revealing any kind of weakness is a huge error. If it was just a PR stunt or a misunderstanding which is the consensus on here, it will have negligible impact - clubs can try their luck all they and we can simply tell them to f**k off. They'll soon wise up.

Edited by shurlock

A rather simplistic view.

Yes it wasn't a very appropriate comment but the extent of the damage depends on the motivation behind it. If it's true and we're in financial difficulties, then revealing any kind of weakness is a huge error. If it was just a PR stunt or a misunderstanding which is the consensus on here, it will have negligible impact - clubs can try their luck all they and we can simply tell them to f**k off. They'll soon wise up.

We're not telling them to **** off in clear terms though, that's the problem. Apparently we don't need to sell, yet our door is open for bids and clubs/agents know this. If it carries on this way, we'll be losing more than Luke and Adam - that's for sure.

Great to see Lovren say how happy he was here. It seems he has been impressed by the impact of Ralph and has bought into the way they are quietly, efficiently and confidently going about this business. Another outstanding example of the quiet confidence permeating through the club at the moment.

David Luiz is in the process of completing a £40m (40 million FFS) transfer to PSG. (what the hell has he done to suggest he's worth that?).

So...I would say Lovren should command at least £50-60m + if that's the level of money being ****ed about.

David Luiz is in the process of completing a £40m (40 million FFS) transfer to PSG. (what the hell has he done to suggest he's worth that?).

So...I would say Lovren should command at least £50-60m + if that's the level of money being ****ed about.

It's the going rate for a very good Premier League defender who also plays for a country that is a favourite to win the world cup.

The Premier League transfer market has been made utterly ridiculous by the prize money now on offer. £20M really isn't a relatively enormous fee, and I feel a bit daft saying that. If Lovren or Lallana went for less than £20M it would be a massive error, IMO.

It's the going rate for a very good Premier League defender who also plays for a country that is a favourite to win the world cup.

The Premier League transfer market has been made utterly ridiculous by the prize money now on offer. £20M really isn't a relatively enormous fee, and I feel a bit daft saying that. If Lovren or Lallana went for less than £20M it would be a massive error, IMO.

He's not a very good premier league defender though, decent at best but prone to errors and misjudgements on a regular basis. Chelsea are even deploying him in a CM role rather than CB these days.

But I do agree that the PL transfer market is a wacky place, and we're well within our right to demand insane fee's for any of our players - and that may even work in our benefit, as who knows, we could be left with an entire team come august.

A crass statement, even from you.

Its all relative, of course he wouldn't be a liability in League 2 as a centre back, but at the very top level he is. I'm talking Premier League title challenge, Champions League and World Cup. If he really was a £50m centre back, why are Gary Cahill and John Terry playing ahead of him?

Edited by Matthew Le God

He's not first choice for Chelsea at centre back, John Terry and Gary Cahill are.

David Luiz is a liability as a centre back, Lovren is better as a centre back than him.

he was first choice under rafa. When they actually won trophies

Jose is beating the hell out of their creative players. just look at oscar and hazard lately

with Mata shipped out too

Liverpool Table £8m Offer For Southampton Defender Dejan Lovren

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/05/21/liverpool-table-8m-offer-for-southampton-defender-dejan-lovren/

floor.gif

Call me thick but I cannot understand why the newspapers would think, why would we buy a player for £8.5M, him to have an excellent season and then sell him with 3 years left on his contract for £0.5M less than we bought him for.

Call me thick but I cannot understand why the newspapers would think, why would we buy a player for £8.5M, him to have an excellent season and then sell him with 3 years left on his contract for £0.5M less than we bought him for.

Cos they are thick.

Newspapers are only good for your fish and chips if you like that sort of thing. Vacuous shallow **** that permeates 99% of our culture now due to the dullards that exist in our country.

It's like giving dalek free reign to write for 2 months about why we will always finish 17th with out being called out on it.

Cos they are thick.

Newspapers are only good for your fish and chips if you like that sort of thing. Vacuous shallow **** that permeates 99% of our culture now due to the dullards that exist in our country.

It's like giving dalek free reign to write for 2 months about why we will always finish 17th with out being called out on it.

Believe me or don't, I have no reason to lie and am feeling pretty torn up about everything Saints-wise at the moment.

Have it on decent authority that Dejan will be off to Spurs, to be finalised in the next couple of days :(

Believe me or don't, I have no reason to lie and am feeling pretty torn up about everything Saints-wise at the moment.

Have it on decent authority that Dejan will be off to Spurs, to be finalised in the next couple of days :(

Yep I have heard this too, I think from the same source. Hopefully not true but a strong enough rumour to post I feel. Dark times

Ben Smith @BenSmithBBC · 8m

Brendan Rodgers also hopeful of signing Alberto Moreno, Dejan Lovren and Emre Can in the next fortnight

So it's pretty clear that our Dejan will be off too, either Spurs or L'pool, and after he publicly said he's happy to stay. This is a fire sale, no other way to call it. We're ****ed.

Lovren is one of the players that we really need to keep. If Murat Yakin comes in as the new manager, I wonder if he could bring Fabian Schar with him - 22 year old Swiss CB with FC Basel who seems highly rated. Would fit with what was our profile for signing players (that's making the very large assumption that we are going to sign players).

Anyone follow Swiss football or seen him in action to say what he 's like?

• 5 months later...