Stupid ITV poll last night

mightysaints

Itv did a tweet poll last nigh. Sterling or AL to start. Obviously sterling won it 2 to1. What's the point of these polls as the player with the biggest fan base is always going to win.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I would have picked Sterling.

:(:(:(:(

Also, I'm pretty sure the majority of people watching Englands opening game at the World Cup were not Saints or Liverpool fans.

They can also vote too.

If it was only Southampton and Liverpool fans allowed to vote we still would have lost ?

Anyone that know's even the slightest about International football knows that Italy struggle against pace, hence why Roy picked Sterling and Welbeck.

Love how people think they know more about football and the England team than the England manager

Anyone that know's even the slightest about International football knows that Italy struggle against pace, hence why Roy picked Sterling and Welbeck.

Love how people think they know more about football and the England team than the England manager

because rooney is so so fast.

So what's the excuse for playing Rooney and Wiltshire...

It was the wrong question for me. I would have had Adam playing in Rooney's spot out wide last night so would have had both Sterling and AL on last night and Rooney somewhere else.

Back home in England preferably.

Rooney has more quality than Lallana

Wilshere (learn to spell) was on the bench

Except it's about the team not individuals AL has played the position, Rooney played for England, numerous times for saints over the years and would have given Baines far more cover against Darmian than he got from Rooney last night and arguably would have just as effective going forward.

And Wilshere was not on the bench all night was he? complete waste of a sub last night.

Seemed pretty sensible to me. When everyone thought AL was guaranteed a place and the last spot was between Wellbeck and Sterling, ITV did a poll between the 2 that Sterling won. When the rumours started that Sterling was playing in place of Lallana, they decided to see if people agreed with that decision. Most people preferred Sterling over Lallana. Maybe they'll do Lallana v Wellbeck or Lambert v Rooney for the next games.