We should never sell players without first signing quality replacements.

eelpie

We should never have sold players without first signing quailty replacements,

that is contingent on having suitable quality replacements ready to put pen to paper.

And we should not sell any further players without having suitable quality replacements ready to put pen to paper.

We are now in a weak buyer's market when we need not have been. We have the cash, but sellers are going to demand very high prices.

Our Board/Les Read has been very gullible, and have allowed the big clubs bully us into releasing Shaw and Lallana, and pressurising us into selling more key players.

Rival clubs are strengthening their teams, but Saints seem to be struggling to have a Premiership quality team at the club.

Not a good situation, Les.

Saints are on the verge of replacing...

- Lallana with Tadic

- Lambert with Pelle

Do we really require another random musing thread?

Exactly. How does anyone know who has or hasn't been lined up. So many "experts" on here who think they know the inner workings of everything and can do a better job than the board.

Is Tadic actually any good?

An attacking midfielder that was the 4th top scorer, top assist maker and chance creator (by some considerable distance!) in the Dutch league suggests he has something about him. Of course that is no guarantee he''ll make it in the Premier League, but he at least appears to be of a good standard to replace Lallana.

Saints are on the verge of replacing...

- Lallana with Tadic

- Lambert with Pelle

Do we really require another random musing thread?

Well, this hasn't been confirmed yet and as Batman hints at, negotiations can break down.

This thread is looking forward to future sales/replacements. There is a lot of business to be done. Why sell when players are on contracts until we have suitable replacements lined up? Players 'out and in' contracts can be conditional on synchronised signings. The 'big' clubs should be told in no uncertain terms to wait until then.

Have we no pride anymore? We should be negotiating from strength. Why should we be bullied?

that is contingent on having suitable quality replacements ready to put pen to paper.

And we should not sell any further players without having suitable quality replacements ready to put pen to paper.

We are now in a weak buyer's market when we need not have been. We have the cash, but sellers are going to demand very high prices.

Our Board/Les Read has been very gullible, and have allowed the big clubs bully us into releasing Shaw and Lallana, and pressurising us into selling more key players.

Rival clubs are strengthening their teams, but Saints seem to be struggling to have a Premiership quality team at the club.

This.

Plus we should never play any of our top youngsters in the first team. We should lock them in the attic until they're 28.

Yep. One of the fundamental principles of running a football club. Secure a better replacement before you sell a player.

We are doing everything wrong.

Yep. One of the fundamental principles of running a football club. Secure a better replacement before you sell a player.

Lallana hasn't been sold yet and the media are reporting we are close to signing Tadic to replace him.

Saints selling Lambert before or after signing Pelle would make no difference to the price for the latter.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Lallana hasn't been sold yet and the media are reporting we are close to signing Tadic to replace him.

Saints selling Lambert before or after signing Pelle would make no difference to the price for the latter.

And who is the replacement we are about to sign for Shaw?

Do you know what is going on behind the scenes? How do you know deals hadnt been set up already? How often do you see a quality player moving to a club before his replacement moves out? We are not doing everything wrong. We are doing business. Is there any sign of the price of our prospective targets being hiked up? If you recal Reed said we have been looking at potential arrivals for some time now and you would expect that to cover what we think they are worth. If the price suddenly jumps up what do you think we would do? Yes, try and negotiate them down or move on. We got a brilliant price for Shaw and a not too shabby price for Lallana - hardly the action of a bunch of muppets.

And we should not sell any further players without having suitable quality replacements ready to put pen to paper..

......you (or I ) don't know that we haven't.

Just because there's nothing published yet.....and the transfer hasn't been reported doesn't mean no-one is coming.....there's no rule that says we have to register transfers the same day !

I'm sure there can be " delays" that suit our purpose. Rememeber Les Reed said there was " paperwork to complete " before SFC announced Koeman's arrival when he knew very well RK was coming.

Do you know what is going on behind the scenes? How do you know deals hadnt been set up already? How often do you see a quality player moving to a club before his replacement moves out? We are not doing everything wrong. We are doing business. Is there any sign of the price of our prospective targets being hiked up? If you recal Reed said we have been looking at potential arrivals for some time now and you would expect that to cover what we think they are worth. If the price suddenly jumps up what do you think we would do? Yes, try and negotiate them down or move on. We got a brilliant price for Shaw and a not too shabby price for Lallana - hardly the action of a bunch of muppets.

You're right. Trouble is all I see are the same mistakes being made that Lowe did when we finished 8th... One after another. It's like Groundhog Day.

And this mistake is just one of them. Always buy your replacements before you sell. Eel pie is right.

All assuming we haven't already lined up replacements of course. I mean it's not like Man U have had a player lined up for 3 weeks with formalities to conclude and we could be doing the same...

You're right. Trouble is all I see are the same mistakes being made that Lowe did when we finished 8th... One after another. It's like Groundhog Day.

And this mistake is just one of them. Always buy your replacements before you sell. Eel pie is right.

Bore off, we all already know what you think. Hundreds of times.

And this is a pi ss take, right?

Got to say it's a pretty good trolling act, so feel free to keep it going. We need to bring the new generation of trollers through because who knows the day when Alpine chokes on a giant Toblerone he tried to eight widthways.

SaintRichmond, SaintRobbie and now Eelpie are getting tedious beyond belief......banging the same old drum over and over and over..,Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not sure what can be done to make them happy. Maybe we need to have a protest march or something, or some protest suicides.

And this is a pi ss take, right?

Got to say it's a pretty good trolling act, so feel free to keep it going. We need to bring the new generation of trollers through because who knows the day when Alpine chokes on a giant Toblerone he tried to eight widthways.

Robbie isn't a troll tbh, just a passionate fan - but does get way too emotional and lets that take over him....as we are seeing here. Seems to have lost his head totally.

Always buy your replacements before you sell. Eel pie is right.

Let's have some examples of the "not gullible" clubs that regularly do that then. I am sure there must be loads as we are the only club who haven't allegedly. I suppose Liverpool have bought Lambert to replace Suarez?

Robbie isn't a troll tbh, just a passionate fan - but does get way too emotional and lets that take over him....as we are seeing here. Seems to have lost his head totally.

Fair enough.

I'd like to understand more about this "fundamental principle" of football where replacements are bought before players are sold.

I genuinely cannot think of any high profile (or low profile) examples of this.

ermm what if we have to sell someone to get the money to buy the next one? What if, for example, a player says he wants to leave we spend x amount on a replacement and then the players move goes tits up we are then saddled with a player we didn't need to buy spending money we might not have wanted to spend. Does any club by a replacement player before the orginal player is sold?

I'd like to hear more from goat boy.

I'd like to see more.

It was quite a brash post relying on one particular instance. If you can back it up with say four more examples then I'll have no problem accepting your point Goatboy.

Edited by cellone

I'm am getting too emotional. You're right. Guess it's the fear of watching all the same mistakes being made again.

Still this time we have Koeman and not Harry... And wads of cash.

Perhaps it will be ok. I shall take a chill pill. Apologies to everyone for being too negative. I just care too much.

How is this a perfect world thread? We had months before we needed to sell. And if Liverpool didn't want them at the end of the month so be it.

We have made basic errors of judgement so far this summer. Basic.

Which clubs have bought in a replacement before selling their star player?

It's a "fundamental principle of football" so you must have loads of examples.

Yeah Bob such a weak league that Holland who are now in the WC qtr s don't have anyone playing domestic football ffs they are all sh1te everyone. Holland have never had anyone come good ....where was Bony playing last year...suppose you wouldn't want him either

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/why-dutch-football-unpredictable-domestically-and-unproductive-europe

Worth a read.......

Which clubs have bought in a replacement before selling their star player?

It's a "fundamental principle of football" so you must have loads of examples.

Not many examples forthcoming are there? I guess this thread is dead - back to the Wimbledon Hotties thread for me......

The situation was very different under Lowe, not least the lack of cash that we have now. Relax. The Board have known about likely sales for some time now and I am sure they have replacements lined up. I dont think someone like Koeman would be here if there wasnt going to be a decent squad to work with.

SaintRichmond, SaintRobbie and now Eelpie are getting tedious beyond belief......banging the same old drum over and over and over..,Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not sure what can be done to make them happy. Maybe we need to have a protest march or something, or some protest suicides.

You called ???

sorry Robbie, but what an absolute load of nonsense

Just because we haven't confirmed our signings doesn't mean we haven't found there replacements. There are probably agreements on the table.

And who knows maybe we needed the money in before we could spend it???