Lovren not for sale?

terrasaint

Apologies if already covered but just come up on ssn that Lovren not for sale according to the club.

Wouldn't really matter - We've just seen if a player wants to go, he goes...

And if that player was our captain who's been here for 14 years, a bloke who allegedly handed in a transfer request after 1 season is hardly going to stick around.

Or Shaw or Lambert...

You have to wonder why internationals don't want to play for us really.

Because better teams want them. Tadic is a Serbian international and looks to be coming here because we are a more attractive proposition than his current club, Twente. He would also fancy a move to Manchester United or Liverpool if those clubs wanted him. That's how it works. The important thing is how selling (or non-selling) clubs can ensure the right result for them, be that keeping the player or receiving enough compensation to make their departure worth it.

Edited by DuncanRG

Or Shaw or Lambert...

You have to wonder why internationals don't want to play for us really.

How is this escaping you?

Lallana and Lambert went to Liverpool, with huge wages and Champions League football on offer. Shaw went to Man Utd and had a huge wage increase and better chance of European football in the future.

If those players played for Newcastle, Aston Villa, Stoke, West ham etc they would also leave if the club was offered enough.

Edited by Matthew Le God

How is this alluding you?

Lallana and Lambert went to Liverpool, with huge wages and Champions League football. Shaw went to Man Utd and had a huge wage increase and better chance of European football in the future.

Dear MLG,

Allude means to call attention to indirectly,

Elude means to evade,

HTH :)

How is this alluding you?

Lallana and Lambert went to Liverpool, with huge wages and Champions League football on offer. Shaw went to Man Utd and had a huge wage increase and better chance of European football in the future.

If those players played for Newcastle, Aston Villa, Stoke, West ham etc they would also leave if the club was offered enough.

It would appear obvious to everyone bar those who seem to want everything to fall apart.

Lambert did not leave us for big wages. 2 year deal at £40K per week.

SKY reporting that Koeman doesn't want to let any more players leave.

Saints hope to keep Lovren

Wednesday 2nd July 2014 14:29

Sky sources understand that Southampton are reluctant to let any other players leave, despite speculation linking Dejan Lovren with a possible move.

Saints have already sold three of their star players this summer, with midfielder Adam Lallana and striker Rickie Lambert joining Liverpool, while defender Luke Shaw has signed for Manchester United.

The loss of the England trio has weakened the squad at St Mary's and reports have suggested that Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs are keen to lure defender Lovren away.

But new manager Ronald Koeman is determined to keep the rest of his players as he starts planning for the upcoming Premier League campaign.

The Dutchman, who succeeded Mauricio Pochettino last month, is more interested in recruiting players, with the club thought to have tabled a bid for Feyenoord striker Graziano Pelle.

Saints are also thought to be closing on a deal for winger Dusan Tadic after agreeing a fee with FC Twente.

If our players were leaving for Newcastle, Aston Villa, Stoke, West Ham etc I could understand the bed wetters' point of view. The fact that they have left for top flight clubs makes it a little easier to swallow.

I'd say £2m p/a wages plus Champions League football still fits in with my original wording.

It's not too late to change your ways....

Just to assist you along the way - you said he left for big money AND champs league football. As his salary hasn't increased significantly, if at all, it is not a factor in Rickie leaving.

So this kind of confirms that Lovren (or at least his agent) wants to leave.

Why... All of confirms is that the papers and media need to stop talking.

9 days since croatia's final game, and everything but the media has been quiet.

Minor league internationals don't count, they're bit part players not particularly desired elsewhere.

Gareth Bale and Ryan Gigs are both "minor league internationals." I bet SteveDavis is impressed with your assessment of him too. A lot have him down for one of our best performers last year.

If our players were leaving for Newcastle, Aston Villa, Stoke, West Ham etc I could understand the bed wetters' point of view. The fact that they have left for top flight clubs makes it a little easier to swallow.

The bed wetters are merely pointing out that no club should be prepared to let all their best players leave in one window just because a big club wants them. If we have drawn the line in the sand now then, great, but I doubt we will keep Lovren or Morgan.

9 days since croatia's final game, and everything but the media has been quiet.

What else is there to not be quiet other than "the Media"? Unless you have a personal direct conversation with Lovren maybe. How else would you know if anything is being said?

When a team is relegated its not unusual to see players rush to get away but have you ever sen a rush of players trying to get a way from a team that ended 8th and had everything in its favour? That's why I think the board or the vision must seem weak to the players.

What else is there to not be quiet other than "the Media"? Unless you have a personal direct conversation with Lovren maybe. How else would you know if anything is being said?

Phrased that badly. Should said more along the lines of "there have been no murmurings of discontent", at least since the world cup finished for Croatia.

Gareth Bale and Ryan Gigs are both "minor league internationals." I bet SteveDavis is impressed with your assessment of him too. A lot have him down for one of our best performers last year.

I don't think it was meant as an indictment of the individual players. But it is the way to go in the future, only recruit international players who play for no-hope teams (in terms of getting to major finals), such as Kenya, Serbia, NornIreland, Scotland, Wales, Poland. The exception to this rule is England, no hopers but don't recruit otherwise they will get tapped up by Stevie Geeeeeeeee.

When a team is relegated its not unusual to see players rush to get away but have you ever sen a rush of players trying to get a way from a team that ended 8th and had everything in its favour? That's why I think the board or the vision must seem weak to the players.

It's money, nothing else but money. Saints do not pay big salaries so footballers being mercenaries in the main will sniff out the golden apple.

Ok, if Lambert is only on 40k at Livertool he is the exception, but most of them will spout boll*cks about wanting Champions league football, or I supported them as a kid, or it's my spiritual home, or I want to develop my career, or I want to enhance my chances of playing for my country, it is all utter guff.

Why dont they just fekin come out with it, their 50% tax deduction only leaves them with 100k per month, the wife wants another sprog and we need at least a 1mil house, the sponsors are only giving me a basic Range Rover Sport and I want the top model so I will have to pay for it and the wife can have the basic one, a footballers career is very short and I need at least 5mil to live on once I retire because I am too thick to do anything else.

Love saints hate football.