Sky Sources: New 5 Year Contract offered to Jay Rodriguez

Colinjb

Ummm, I was happily replying to them before you stuck your beak in Fry. Not sure what point you're making?

Well, you directly replied to me suggesting I am "blaming" Cortese for something. I replied to say I have done no such thing and your response to that was to pretend that you directly so quoting me and replying to it was not aimed at me but other people. To that I say, fine. Okay then.

If you want a general point, it's this - stop trying to find someone to blame - Katherina cashing in seems to be your new favourite. The world really ain't that simple.

Well, you directly replied to me suggesting I am "blaming" Cortese for something. I replied to say I have done no such thing and your response to that was to pretend that you directly so quoting me and replying to it was not aimed at me but other people. To that I say, fine. Okay then.

If you want a general point, it's this - stop trying to find someone to blame - Katherina cashing in seems to be your new favourite. The world really ain't that simple.

Well I'm continually told that it's as simple as players wanting to leave for money and champions league football and there is nothing which can be done about it.

The speed at which the deals were done and the confidence of 1 club in particular basing their transfer strategy around 3 of our main players tells me that the club were not all together that opposed to selling them off.

Well I'm continually told that it's as simple as players wanting to leave for money and champions league football and there is nothing which can be done about it.

The speed at which the deals were done and the confidence of 1 club in particular basing their transfer strategy around 3 of our main players tells me that the club were not all together that opposed to selling them off.

Which is an opinion it is absolutely fine to hold.

HAHA what an idiot. Thankfully James Rodriguez has done his ACL and will be staying with us then.

Soccer Guy is a lot of things, but an idiot isn't one of them ;)

Mainly he is an annoying wind up that catches the unwary out.

Personally I enjoy his irreverence!

#southcoastfranchiseclub

#southcoastfranchiseclub

Think you might have missed the joke in the reply there Philip...

#southcoastfranchiseclub

If that's so then fair enough, but I don't follow his stuff so had no prior inclination that he was anything other than one of a hundred other twitter idiots who do say this sort of thing. I guess the clue was in #Franchiseenhancementwindow which I liked.

By that token, why have we offered a 5 year extension?

And why has he npt rushed to sign for our fantastically run Club

(A) Doesn't want to stress his knee

(B) Shortage of "signing on" pens at St Marys

© Waiting til he proves his fitness so he can attract genuine bidders

You must admit he's been unlucky. Not so much missing the W.C, but missing out on the Fire Sale

You must admit he's been unlucky. Not so much missing the W.C, but missing out on the Fire Sale

Is there reallly any need? P**s off back to POL.

You missed (D) He is just doing it to see how much moisture the bed wetters will pour into their mattresses.

Is there reallly any need? P**s off back to POL.

I'm stupid

What is POL ?

Is Fire Sale the wrong word ?? What do you call it when you Sell as much as you can, for as much as you can ?

Oh, and thanks for your in depth assessment of the JRod non-signing situation

]I'm stupid[/b]

What is POL ?

Is Fire Sale the wrong word ?? What do you call it when you Sell as much as you can, for as much as you can ?

:nod:

I know wiki is not the be all and end all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_sale

A fire sale is the sale of goods at extremely discounted prices, typically when the seller faces bankruptcy or other impending distress.

I've put the relevant bit in bold, but then again, maybe you think that the fee received for Lallana and Shaw were extremely discounted.

HAHA what an idiot. Thankfully James Rodriguez has done his ACL and will be staying with us then.

Another one who cant read.

The full stop implies he's calling him an idiot then telling a lame joke.

Another one who assumes someone is stupid. Very hard to read sarcasm on the internet.

The full stop implies he's calling him an idiot then telling a lame joke.

Another one who assumes someone is stupid. Very hard to read sarcasm on the internet.

ooh get you… i want you to look back at post 213. I held my hands up then. You're preaching to the choir mate, but carry on if it makes you feel good. I probably would get a better reception on this forum if I had just levelled 24 lines of insults at dubai Phil and threatened to post pictures of his wife/daughter on the forum instead of admitting to something… :p

Edited by Mallagroth

ooh get you… i want you to look back at post 213. I held my hands up then. You're preaching to the choir mate, but carry on if it makes you feel good. I probably would get a better reception on this forum if I had just levelled 24 lines of insults at dubai Phil and threatened to post pictures of his wife/daughter on the forum instead of admitting to something… :p

So were you being sarcastic or not? :lol:

A new contract will make no difference to whether he stays or goes, it only affects the price we get for him.

Yes, I didn't know this but (according to the link @Minty put up the other day about engineering transfers) if a player doesn't put in a transfer request then the selling club have to pay up any "annual bonuses" in the contract up to the end of the contract.

I guess this means, whilst we may get more for the player, we actually have to fork more out to them when they go as well, swings and roundabouts I guess.

So were you being sarcastic or not? :lol:

About Rodriguez yes, it was a joke of debatable quality. I wasn't being sarcastic when I called the super cunning irreverent comedian who likes to pretend he's stupid 'in order to catch people out' an idiot, because I had no idea he wasn't just another internet numpty thinking he was ITK. Can we move on now? :nod:

I'm stupid

Sell as much as you can, for as much as you can = asset strip

Sell as much as you can, for as little as you can = fire sale

As for JayRod, when he was interviewed on Talksport before the WC he stated that Poch was the best manager he'd ever played for, made him a better player and is responsible for his rise to the England squad. It was a bit of an embarrassing love-in to be true. When questioned if he'll link back up with Poch, he just said he's concentrating on recovery and will look at his options when he's fit again.

Whether he stays or goes will be dependent on who we sign this summer. If we are not challenging in the top 10, I wouldn't expect him to sign a 5 year deal.

Sell as much as you can, for as much as you can = asset strip

Sell as much as you can, for as little as you can = fire sale

Nope. Fire sale = sell as much as you can, as quickly as you can. Hence the term "fire" as in, there's a fire, hurry the Feck up. It may mean that prices end up low, but thats not the aim

Nope. Fire sale = sell as much as you can, as quickly as you can. Hence the term "fire" as in, there's a fire, hurry the Feck up. It may mean that prices end up low, but thats not the aim

I'm sorry but where in the Supply/Demand equilibrium does "speed" enter the equation? You increase demand by lowering the price.

I'm sorry but where in the Supply/Demand equilibrium does "speed" enter the equation? You increase demand by lowering the price.

Well its assumed that to sell the s**t quickly enough you drop the price until it goes... Bucks Saint is completely correct in pointing out that in a fire sale, the speed is what defines the term. Otherwise if the prices are just low, then its surely just a regular sale... The whole point of a fire sale as he says is selling stuff urgently.

Man Utds purchase of Fellaini last season would be like a fire buy, they bought a player last minute at a high price because they ran out of time and were under pressure

Unless you are a philanthropist, why would you ever want to achieve the lowest possible price? Fire sale means your objective is speed, i.e to raise money quickly. Yes of course that means discounted prices to help achieve the aim, but speed remains the aim, not raising as little as possible like you said.

Unless you are a philanthropist, why would you ever want to achieve the lowest possible price? Fire sale means your objective is speed, i.e to raise money quickly. Yes of course that means discounted prices to help achieve the aim, but speed remains the aim, not raising as little as possible like you said.

The speed of the sale is an effect, kinda chicken 'n' egg, the low price comes first.

The speed of the sale is an effect, kinda chicken 'n' egg, the low price comes first.

No it does not. Did you not spot this? "...typically when the seller faces bankruptcy or other impending distress".

Philanthropy apart, there is no reason at all to have an objective to sell for as low as possible, which you keep ignoring. Your link gives a big clue about why a fire sale is needed - to raise money as quickly as possible to deal with impending distress, such as a bank demand, a loan repayment, rent arrears, creditor pressure or a CCJ.

Killer must be at his wits end with the board who seemingly can't even get a fire sale right. We're not giving the players away anywhere near cheaply enough.

I dare say we could afford to pay to get rid of them.

I've been mong-boarded. Over to the transfer thread to talk about old chicks.