The mess we're in

Crab Lungs

I've long held the view that what with the financial, tactical, recruitment, motivational and business geniuses on here this place is a huge pool of untapped potential for any soccerball club looking to recruit staff. We could be playing champions league in a 50,000 seater stadium, paying £15 a ticket with a front 4 of Sam Vokes, wade Elliott, Lukas jutkiewicz and Danny Ings if only they listened to this place more.

In fairness, with anything good the club has achieved being written off as luck, basically the club could pull people out of bus queues to make the big decisions with broadly the same result.

In fairness, with anything good the club has achieved being written off as luck, basically the club could pull people out of bus queues to make the big decisions with broadly the same result.

I know this guy. He travels on the 12 with Crab Lungs.

Lungs is a good lad and a proper Saints fan.... just got sucked in and listened to the wrong people.

Thanks Gem, I'll guess we'll have to swap "contacts" and see whether there were porkies involved on my part. Can't see it myself, don't know why I'd be bull****ted when these people have been right before. Hope you're well.

That's an understement

Thanks again to you too, manji.

I know people are trying to goad you, make out you were lying and generally make you look stupid (as is so often the SWF way), but I would genuinely like to ask what your opinion is now. Do you stand by all that you said on reflection? Is it a case that through a combination of luck and good judgement we got caught up in the mother of all storms and somehow came out healthier on the other side? Or was some of the info you were given a little exaggerated?

My opinion is that I *could* be wrong or that I still *could* be right - it's very early on but it looks like the catalyst for the dramatic turnaround was Schneiderlin staying and the board finally digging their heels in and saying "enough is enough". I don't believe anything I was told was exaggerated but I do believe that we have responded brilliantly off and on the pitch to adversity which, let's face it, no other club has had to deal with in recent times.

I'd imagine a lot of people would thinking I'm kicking myself that we're playing so fantastically well and are 2nd but I'm not - it's fantastic and I'm pleasantly surprised and delighted with how we're doing as, after all, I'm a Saints fan.

A massive well done so far and I doff my hat to those who had more faith than me but I have to say, it's hard to have faith when you're being advised that all is not well.

Thanks Gem, I'll guess we'll have to swap "contacts" and see whether there were porkies involved on my part. Can't see it myself, don't know why I'd be bull****ted when these people have been right before. Hope you're well.

My opinion is that I *could* be wrong or that I still *could* be right - it's very early on but it looks like the catalyst for the dramatic turnaround was Schneiderlin staying and the board finally digging their heels in and saying "enough is enough". I don't believe anything I was told was exaggerated but I do believe that we have responded brilliantly off and on the pitch to adversity which, let's face it, no other club has had to deal with in recent times.

I'd imagine a lot of people would thinking I'm kicking myself that we're playing so fantastically well and are 2nd but I'm not - it's fantastic and I'm pleasantly surprised and delighted with how we're doing as, after all, I'm a Saints fan.

A massive well done so far and I doff my hat to those who had more faith than me but I have to say, it's hard to have faith when you're being advised that all is not well.

I guess the obvious follow up question is: "did any of the people giving you information have a vested interest or some connection to people who might have reason to hold a grudge against the current regime?" Or would you describe your source(s) as 100% neutral observers?

Not sure if you can answer that one without giving away too much of a clue as to who your source(s) are? No worries if that's the case.

Anyway, as you say, we're all Saints fans at the end of the day so onwards and upwards! *****il the next 'meltdown')

:)

Do you still want KL to "f**k right off"?

NC was on the fiddle? god you could up with some fun conspiracy theories about events over the last few years if that was true..:D

Dont necessarily know or want to speculate if it was a 'fiddle' though there were definate 'perks'

As per the contracts, I believe some were written over his tenure that basically were no where near legally binding and needed sorting out

Let. It. F**king. Go.

Just enjoy the football.

Are the board still tossers doing things that make our eyes water and selling off players doing little more than giving nice words on the website when they've gone?

I don't know how I can go on... my internet reputation is shot to pieces. I'm totally inconsolable. :(

I'd have thought your contract might have given you an update seeing as how things seemed to have settled down now behind the scenes, I mean he told you all about how the board saying Morgan staying was all staged and he was off anyway. Surely he'd want to give you the real story on that one now at least?

I think we're all missing the bigger issue here.

Some of Adam Lallana's phone calls were not, I repeat not, returned.

Scum.

Makes your eyes water doesn't it. I just got back off holiday and my boss didn't call me once whilst I was away, I fuming, fuming I tell you.

Any comment on these too?

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?50943-Lovren-joins-Liverpool-Official&p=1981313#post1981313 'tred water club' :lol:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?50876-Our-fans-on-Social-Media&p=1984140#post1984140

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?51085-Calum-Chambers-Done-Deal-Official&p=2003318#post2003318 one of many 'bullsh1ttting board posts :lol:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?51220-Morgan-tweet-wow&p=2008669#post2008669 just :lol: at this one

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?51167-The-mess-we-re-in&p=2005930#post2005930 'just enough to stay up'

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?51446-Artur-Boruc-Instagram&p=2029122#post2029122 Frazer Forster a league on keeper :lol:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?51476-Ricky-lambert-quot-saint-till-i-die-quot&p=2031424#post2031424

Some pearlers on there pal. :lol:

Definitely some of the best bed wetting of the summer (amongst having a pop at others for not buying into the whole act-like-a-spoilt-child routine).

Truly well done Crab. Some of that is even up there with much of Alpine's finest.

CL - I never for one minute, thought you were lying, but as Trousers alluded to, it all depends on who you are talking too;

You speak to a senior pro who hasn't had his contract renewed and the club is on it's knees, don't know what they are doing and everything is going to dog sh!te

You speak to an apprentice who has just been given a pro contract and its the best club in the World and everything is professional and hunky dory.

That's pretty much how it is.....just all depends on who you talk to on the day. The one thing I would add is that there is more bullsh!te and rumour within the club than there is on this board.....and that's going some.

• 4 weeks later...

I know it is puerile, but these threads do bring me so much joy. Thank you for being such ****s.

Please continue to bump these threads and ignore any suggestion by the OP that it is childish. That's not to say it isn't, but it is also funny.