Taïder Joins on 1 year Loan & Osvaldo to Inter - Official

itchen_dan

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/inter-are-closer-to-osvaldo-and-medel-the-updates/

Inter are working on the transfer market to bolster the squad. They are operating in particular on two players: Pablo Osvaldo and Gary Medel. Saphir Taider won’t be included in the deal with Southampton, he hasn’t reached an agreement with the English club. This refusal doesn’t put the transfer of Osvaldo at risk, it will go through.

Di Marzio usually spot on and especially where Italian stuff is concerned. Not sure Koeman completely got the question.

I don't think he suggested that Taïder was coming. He didn't really answer the specific question and was then asked what Taïder would bring to the club, even though he hadn't said he was coming!

I think adam was trying to trip him up there.

No problem with that as long as we don't opt for another one of their reserves instead. I'd rather have no one then dross.

Agree, certainly not impressed by description of a 34 yr old Argie CB, or a winger who has failed to impress at Inter or whilst they have previously farmed him out.

Taider looked as if he might offer something, although we are well served in the CM area (especially if - big if - Morgan & JC remain)

Lets face it a decent player in return for Osvaldo would be nice but I just want him gone so if they haven't got anyone decent just let them have him anyway

Not a chance. If all they want to do is give us their rubbish, let's see if we can flog him elsewhere. I'm sure other clubs will come in for him.

Still can't work out how Taider would fit into our squad.

Looks a handy player though.

Depends how we end up lining up next season. Where in midfield does he play? further forward or futher back?

Also depends if RK thinks Morgan is off next season - if he even lasts this one. Get someone young in now on a try before you buy, or whether RK rates Jack Cork

Depends how we end up lining up next season. Where in midfield does he play? further forward or futher back?

Also depends if RK thinks Morgan is off next season - if he even lasts this one. Get someone young in now on a try before you buy, or whether RK rates Jack Cork

Taider plays further forward, he isn't really a DM, millieu relayeur at Grenoble. Couldn't say where he fits in at Inter, nowhere much apparently. They're after Gary Medel, Taider probably had whatever role Medel plays. Anyway I really doubt that Taider will sign for Saints, think he's had the chance to do so before and didn't..

Regardless, he's gong to be behind Davis, JWP, Cork and Schneiderlin, unless we have someone leaving or an established player dropping well down the list.

Regardless, he's gong to be behind Davis, JWP, Cork and Schneiderlin, unless we have someone leaving or an established player dropping well down the list.

Not to mention Fer, I see him coming in to replace Morgan who will eventually leave this summer for Tottenham. Then you have Reed who we seem to be desperate to push into the team, well Les does, Ronald doesn't seem so keen, especially if he thinks he's keeping all those that we have and signing Fer.

I'd rather get some of our cash back for Osvaldo than a loan from Inter, who will most likely be a player who doesn't really want to be here, and who Inter don't want.

Get somebody in, who we want, not someone elses reject. We need a forward and Centre backs, not more midfielders!! (At the moment anyway ... Morgan and Cork both leaving would change that a bit I guess)

Am I right in thinking that he'll be a free agent next season? Cut our loses and recoup some the money.

Edited by ericofarabia

I'd rather get some of our cash back for Osvaldo than a loan from Inter, who will most likely be a player who doesn't really want to be here, and who Inter don't want.

Get somebody in, who we want, not someone elses reject.

Am I right in thinking that he'll be a free agent next season? Cut our loses and recoup some the money.

He only joined last August, doubt if we'd pay 13 million or so and then only give him a 2 year contract,would have thought it was at least 4 years, thus up until June 2017.

I really don't see Inter buying him outright just now, they know the situation and also know that there's no way he'll play for us again, we just have to accept whatever anyone offers as a loan deal. Should never have sent him away in the way that we did, needed to sponge over that and keep ourselves in a position of not being backed up into a corner.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Cheers for that, a really interesting article. Love stuff like that and beats reading the negatives ''Oh, but he didn't play much'' ''Oh, but he's an inter sub''. That article is an in-depth tactical write up on him, and I have to say he's perfect. But I fear it will mean cya later to Cork.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/01-08-2014/inter-southampton-mercato-il-doppio-accordo-taider-schelotto-909792396.shtml

'The talks accelerated in the late afternoon yesterday. Taider had an interview "face to face" with Piero Help. The technical area manager explained to the Algerian Southampton is a great destination, good for

show off as evidenced by the disposals of Saints of the last days. As well as Osvaldo, Taider also would go away with onerous loan redemption (7 million ransom for both). But if Taider does not accept the Southampton, are ready Lazio, Sassuolo and another club in the Premier League.'

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/01-08-2014/inter-southampton-mercato-il-doppio-accordo-taider-schelotto-909792396.shtml

'The talks accelerated in the late afternoon yesterday. Taider had an interview "face to face" with Piero Help. The technical area manager explained to the Algerian Southampton is a great destination, good for

show off as evidenced by the disposals of Saints of the last days. As well as Osvaldo, Taider also would go away with onerous loan redemption (7 million ransom for both). But if Taider does not accept the Southampton, are ready Lazio, Sassuolo and another club in the Premier League.'

what does the onerous loan redemption bit mean? Are we paying them that, or them paying us? Or is it a pre-agreed fee if the loan becomes permanent?

Was only going by what Di Marzio said and he is normally spot on. Looks like it may have moved on though.

Looks a good player, and if he joins I could see us selling Cork.

This is the problem though, we hear many things of which some are complete rubbish and others are half baked. As we know, many deals dont make it past the enquiry stage but the media would have us believe the player is on his way. The conjecture is all good fun but it is better for our nerves if we just believe a player is ours when he has actually signed on the dotted line!

I hope that Cork doesnt go but as long as Koeman is on board with whatever happens then so be it. There is an old saying - may you live in interesting times. THis summer has been nothing if not interesting!!!

This is the problem though, we hear many things of which some are complete rubbish and others are half baked. As we know, many deals dont make it past the enquiry stage but the media would have us believe the player is on his way. The conjecture is all good fun but it is better for our nerves if we just believe a player is ours when he has actually signed on the dotted line!

I hope that Cork doesnt go but as long as Koeman is on board with whatever happens then so be it. There is an old saying - may you live in interesting times. THis summer has been nothing if not interesting!!!

I think you need two players for every position - at present we only have 3 players for CM. I think Koeman sees Davies and JWP as playering further forward, so possibly the idea behind this is to give us 4 CMs? And also covering the possibility that while we may not sell Schneiderlin, is he's not really into it then we won't be relying on him?

I hope Schelotto and Tadier aren't 2 of the 3 signings Ron mentioned. Tadier looks decent, but Schelotto....seems like the type of signing Paulo Di Canio would have made at Sunderland last year. 2 loans is fine but don't want to pad the squad out with dross.

I hope Schelotto and Tadier aren't 2 of the 3 signings Ron mentioned. Tadier looks decent, but Schelotto....seems like the type of signing Paulo Di Canio would have made at Sunderland last year. 2 loans is fine but don't want to pad the squad out with dross.

I agree. For me Schelotto seems like taking a player for the sake of it. Although we need a winger there are far better investments out there IMO.

Schelotto, Tadier and Bertrand as the three would be very underwhelming!

Not a chance. If all they want to do is give us their rubbish, let's see if we can flog him elsewhere. I'm sure other clubs will come in for him.

Well I meant on loan not just give him away for free. Let someone else pay his wages as no one else seems to want to buy him.

Edited by doddisalegend

Plus I'd give some of our own talent a chance over an average winger as Schelotto seems to be.

I agree with that sentiment, however I'm not sure how many of them are actually that close to the first team. Although Isgrove has pace I'm still to be convinced by him, McQueen for me seems to lack a cutting edge, be it pace or trickery. Would be more than happy for them to have the chance though as that's the only way they can step up to the plate.

Exactly. I don't want the squad full of average dross. That's what relegated us last time.

And prevented us from capitalising fully on our fantastic start last season. We saw (or heard in most cases) what happened last night. The instant that you have to bring garbage like KD on the errors start. Jos,KD and Gazzaniga aided and abetted on occasion by Fox cost us very heavily last season.

surely Scholetto has versatility in being able to play anywhere on the right hand side of the pitch.

That can be extremely useful when changing formations mid way through a match

But if he's as **** as he's been at every other club in the last 2 seasons, then it won't be that useful.