Taïder Joins on 1 year Loan & Osvaldo to Inter - Official

itchen_dan

Southampton's TV revenue was £76.9m in 2013/14, up from £43.8m in 2012/13.

Southampton's turnover lin 2013/14 would have been over £100m (given that match day and commercial revenue in 2012/13 was £24.8m and it would be a similar if not larger figure in 2013/14)

Have you been given a sneak preview yet of FM15 and do you have any view on how FFP works in it?

Tax cannot be offset against transfers in or any other capital investments such as building projects, these have to be amortised over a longer term. You can't even reclaim VAT on additions to existing property, it has to be a new separate construction. Loan repayments cannot be repaid without tax. The recipient doesn't pay the tax but if they are repaid out if profits then they will have been taxed first. Transfer fees received in excess of the player's existing value on the books are most definitely income! Normal running costs are allowable against income and these include wages, but of course these should be subject to Income Tax and NI for both the employee and the employer. Or this reason many players are paid partly through a separate company for their services, particularly so-called image rights' and HMRC have clamped down on this system. You're right, the club will certainly be taking the best advice they can get but deciding what to do about profits is much easier than trying to cut the losses!

http://www.lawinsport.com/features/item/image-rights-companies-where-are-we-now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23923904

VAT will be recoverable on all costs by a business like SFC.

As for corporation tax, this is calculated at the end of the tax year and losses from earlier years can be carried forward and off set against current profits. Many other adjustments are possible, such as loan interest and depreciation of fixed assets and tax is only paid on whats left.

Southampton's TV revenue was £76.9m in 2013/14, up from £43.8m in 2012/13.

Southampton's turnover in 2013/14 would have been over £100m (given that match day and commercial revenue in 2012/13 was £24.8m and it would be a similar if not larger figure in 2013/14)

MLT - another good point, well made. We need a Saints fan who can take an objective look at finances and give us a feel for how much is in the pot for transfers - to inform opinion on whether Krueger and Reed should be exposed on 1 Sep for not spending every available penny of the transfer kitty - fans need to make an objective assessment on the leadership of our club and whether they believe it is time to voice their opinions from the terraces on the continued employment of untrustworthy failures in the Boardroom and/or whether we prefer a new owner. Loanees are not investments, they are short term fixes that don't count; I can't think of a loanee that ever worked, they usually come as damaged goods (unfit, unused, unwanted, uncertain, lacking confidence) and rarely put in 100%.

I sense 1 Sep brings protest I'm afraid - if Koeman has not been reinforced. Before I join the protests, after paying for x3 STs this season towards a club I love, I would like to make an objective assessment on my Owner and Boardroom's integrity and intent. I suspect others are in the same boat. BUT, I hope by 1 Sep Koeman has spent his promised treasure and our owner and boardroom have nothing to be held accountable for... just its not happening.....yet.

I thought this thread was for comments on the Osvaldo / Taider swap , not for all the SWF financial experts to dissect the clubs finances !!

Any more news on Taider

Supposedly passed his medical this morning, just waiting on an announcement now assuming everything has gone well at the other end.

Maybe we can just play Fonte as a back 1, Bertrand and Clyne wing backs, and Wanyama, Cork and Taider as very defensive midfielders.

Boruc

Fonte

Clyne Cork Wanyama Taider Bertrand

JWP Davis Tadic

Pelle

No fans of the 8 man midfield?

Don't bother with Boruc / Forster and just play rush keeper.

Beggars belief.

Bertrand has yet to meet his first team colleagues and has been hanging around the corridors of St Mary's since last Thursday.

What the hell is going on?

What are you on about?

Did you miss his debut against Brighton?

Maybe we can just play Fonte as a back 1, Bertrand and Clyne wing backs, and Wanyama, Cork and Taider as very defensive midfielders.

Boruc

Fonte

Clyne Cork Wanyama Taider Bertrand

JWP Davis Tadic

Pelle

No fans of the 8 man midfield?

On many of the UEFA Pro Licence courses they talk about the future of the game and 2-8 formations are talked about - game is becoming so fluid and tactically advanced that the idea of set positions are being phased out and you'll have a group of players moving up and down the pitch together!

Beggars belief.

Bertrand has yet to meet his first team colleagues and has been hanging around the corridors of St Mary's since last Thursday.

Don't get your point, he must have met them at Thursday's game surely, unless it was a cardboard cut out in his place at Brighton.

What are you on about?

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/bertrand-looking-forward-tracking-down-lads-southampton

Bertrand looking forward to tracking down the lads at Southampton

45 min ago

Paul Watson's picture

Paul Watson

New Southampton signing can’t wait to meet his team-mates, but Paul Watson reveals that he hasn’t seen any of them yet...

Southampton new boy Ryan Bertrand has stated he is eagerly anticipating some dressing room camaraderie when he tracks down his team-mates.

Bertrand arrived on loan from Chelsea on Thursday and has been stalking the corridors at St Mary’s since, but is yet to actually meet any of his new colleagues.

“It’s been a nice gentle introduction to playing for Southampton,” Bertrand told FourFourTwo.

“It’s good to have a poke around the place without the distraction of bumping into other top-level footballers. And I’ve got so much space to put my stuff, pretty much all the lockers are empty.”

The 24-year-old had feared some kind of initiation ritual when he attended his first team meeting, but was instead surprised to find manager Ronald Koeman alone, surrounded by plastic chairs.

“It’s always a nervy time joining a new club, but the gaffer was very encouraging and put my mind at rest,” Bertrand explained.

“He kept saying that I was Southampton Football Club, which I thought was a lovely sentiment.

“It was a bit odd when he started drawing formations for one man on the board, though. Then he asked if I had any mates who liked football.”

Bertrand also expressed his delight that his favoured No.23 shirt was still available, along with the numbers 1-22, and all numbers beyond 23.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/bertrand-looking-forward-tracking-down-lads-southampton#TFw31VdMlSXM0sxk.99

Beggars belief.

What are you on about?

Are you not aware that it is a joke/spoof/parody article (which isn't actually funny)?

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/bertrand-looking-forward-tracking-down-lads-southampton

Bertrand looking forward to tracking down the lads at Southampton

45 min ago

Paul Watson's picture

Paul Watson

New Southampton signing can’t wait to meet his team-mates, but Paul Watson reveals that he hasn’t seen any of them yet...

Southampton new boy Ryan Bertrand has stated he is eagerly anticipating some dressing room camaraderie when he tracks down his team-mates.

Bertrand arrived on loan from Chelsea on Thursday and has been stalking the corridors at St Mary’s since, but is yet to actually meet any of his new colleagues.

“It’s been a nice gentle introduction to playing for Southampton,” Bertrand told FourFourTwo.

“It’s good to have a poke around the place without the distraction of bumping into other top-level footballers. And I’ve got so much space to put my stuff, pretty much all the lockers are empty.”

The 24-year-old had feared some kind of initiation ritual when he attended his first team meeting, but was instead surprised to find manager Ronald Koeman alone, surrounded by plastic chairs.

“It’s always a nervy time joining a new club, but the gaffer was very encouraging and put my mind at rest,” Bertrand explained.

“He kept saying that I was Southampton Football Club, which I thought was a lovely sentiment.

“It was a bit odd when he started drawing formations for one man on the board, though. Then he asked if I had any mates who liked football.”

Bertrand also expressed his delight that his favoured No.23 shirt was still available, along with the numbers 1-22, and all numbers beyond 23.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/bertrand-looking-forward-tracking-down-lads-southampton#TFw31VdMlSXM0sxk.99

Well I thought it was funny!!

Everyone is allowed to post crap on here but when I try to bring a bit of comic relief, freaks like yourself get all wound up. :)

He's the freak??!!! You got to be the weirdest poster on here....deliberate or not. I await the reply from he who can give it out but cannot take it.

BBC Solent Sport ‏@solentsport 5m

#saintsfc chairman Ralph Krueger "excited" at the prospect of Saphir Taider joining the club from Inter Milan - announcement expected later

Oh good if Wreck It Ralph is excited with all his soccerball knowledge everything will be fine.

Oh good if Wreck It Ralph is excited with all his soccerball knowledge everything will be fine.

"Wreck It Ralph" (Seriously? I know you aren't the only one that calls him that, but it is more annoying than "Gashton") has to say he's excited to drum up excitement in the fanbase, he may know nothing about football ( :mcinnes: ) but after everyone getting on their case they have to try and make as much positive noise about in-comings as possible to 'trick' the fans (mainly those with dirtied sheets) in to being happy again!

Anyone think this might be the signing Guan was referring to when he said "the second coming"

Ralph bigging him up yet don't remember anything about Pelle or Tadic,I reckon it's a smokescreen for selling Morgan.

Anyone think this might be the signing Guan was referring to when he said "the second coming"

Ralph bigging him up yet don't remember anything about Pelle or Tadic,I reckon it's a smokescreen for selling Morgan.

Wasn't that Bertrand.

Anyone else think he looks quite a "Taid-y" player in this? In all seriousness though, actually looks quite a good player. Pops up all over the pitch and looks like he keeps the ball well enough. I would say

This is another old video I know (will insert in my next post due to the One video per post rule), but he looks to be very good winning the ball back and shows a few nice touches in keeping the ball as well. Looks like he likes to keep passing simple most of the time which is good to see as you don't (usually) score without the ball! In the first video linked I thought he looked more like a Steven Davies type player than Schneiderlin but the second video shows a few similar tackles and moves to Morgan last season.

If we're playing 3 in midfield and Koeman wants two of each position in the squad then Taider, Davis, Morgan, Cork, Wanyama and JWP see's us covered there. People who have said that this position isn't a priority are probably right but if we have been tracking him for a while (not out of the question as we have clearly had scouts out in Italy and especially Bologna in recent times) then it makes sense for us to move for him now the opportunity has arisen to swap him with Osvaldo.

Having just read up on him and watched about 20 minutes worth of youtube clips, I'm definitely excited by this addition to the squad! :D

MLT - another good point, well made. We need a Saints fan who can take an objective look at finances and give us a feel for how much is in the pot for transfers - to inform opinion on whether Krueger and Reed should be exposed on 1 Sep for not spending every available penny of the transfer kitty - fans need to make an objective assessment on the leadership of our club and whether they believe it is time to voice their opinions from the terraces on the continued employment of untrustworthy failures in the Boardroom and/or whether we prefer a new owner. Loanees are not investments, they are short term fixes that don't count; I can't think of a loanee that ever worked, they usually come as damaged goods (unfit, unused, unwanted, uncertain, lacking confidence) and rarely put in 100%.

I sense 1 Sep brings protest I'm afraid - if Koeman has not been reinforced. Before I join the protests, after paying for x3 STs this season towards a club I love, I would like to make an objective assessment on my Owner and Boardroom's integrity and intent. I suspect others are in the same boat. BUT, I hope by 1 Sep Koeman has spent his promised treasure and our owner and boardroom have nothing to be held accountable for... just its not happening.....yet.

It's easy to spend the money. Whether it is on like for like quality to replace Chambers, Lovren and all is another matter. That is how the Board will be judged.