Taïder Joins on 1 year Loan & Osvaldo to Inter - Official

itchen_dan

Neither Teider or Schelotto would be starters I would have thought.

Squad padding.

We do need a couple of impact subs though. Schelotto seems a more logical addition to achieve that, certainly more useful to the squad than Teider, unless Schneiderlin or Wanyama are leaving of course.

Squad padding.

Is that what we should be looking for though, squad padding? Taider seems decent enough to challenge for the first-team but don't really get the logic if Schelotto comes in. We need to keep the squad on their toes by signing quality, not a player destined to warm the bench.

I like your new avatar though Jeff, snap!

Thanks for the cheeky add on twitter as well. Does this mean you are following me now? ;)

Squad padding.

The in depth knowledge displayed by people on this forum of players that most of us have never heard of until mentioned on here is incredibly impressive. Keep it up chaps.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Edited by miserableoldgit

I concur, people wearing baseball caps will be the first to go when the revolution comes.

So long as they wear them the right way round, with the shade bit at the front, I'm OK with them. It takes a particular type of moron to wear it at the back and think that they look cool.

I am intrigued by the option element of this deal, I assume we have agreed a fee with Inter if we decide to exercise the option but can the player himself block the move?

I would assume that's a given. You can't force him into signing a permanent contract even if there is the option to make the transfer at a pre-agreed rate.

Thank god we've finally got him signed up. I was seriously worried about our lack of midfield players. When you look at how we've strengthened our defence and added some lethal fire power up front it makes total sense that we add to the one area of the squad where we lack real quality.

:mcinnes:

Would you rather we sign a **** player in a position we really need a good player in, or sign a decent-good player in a position we have a bit of strength in?

Personally, I'd prefer a decent midfield loanee and money to be spent on the defence and attack, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Would you rather we sign a **** player in a position we really need a good player in, or sign a decent-good player in a position we have a bit of strength in?

Personally, I'd prefer a decent midfield loanee and money to be spent on the defence and attack, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

I totally agree, we need to spend the money on the defence and attack. IMHO we don't need Taider at all. I think the only reason we've taken him was because it was the only way to get rid of Osvaldo. Read what Koeman says about him on the OS... "I’ve spoken to him about the positions he can play in, and it was a good meeting because he showed me real ambition."

Clearly Koeman has never seen him play. If he was high on the shopping list then the manager would be well aware of the positions that a player can play. Basically we've been lumbered with him.

Glad he's signed, but as this has been pretty much guaranteed for nearly a week, it doesn't really feel exciting.

Ings or Hernandez would make me happy, Rojo would be ok.

Well that's just weird. We need an experienced centre back a lot more than we need another striker.

Well that's just weird. We need an experienced centre back a lot more than we need another striker.

Yes but I don't think Rojo looks that great - my statement wasn't meant to be taken as 'we don't need CB's' - just think there may be better options.