Taïder Joins on 1 year Loan & Osvaldo to Inter - Official

itchen_dan

Not seen these posted as yet, but this is direct from our friend Ralf.

Krueger told the Daily Echo: “Saphir is an exciting prospect. He’s multi-dimensional and there’s a lot of opportunity in him.

“He’s at an age that fits in with the Southampton situation at present. I think he’s somebody that we can really bring to another level.”

Krueger told the Daily Echo: “Saphir is an exciting prospect. He’s multi-dimensional and there’s a lot of opportunity in him.

“He’s at an age that fits in with the Southampton situation at present. I think he’s somebody that we can really bring to another level.”

a6e3utur.jpg

Seriously though, am I the only one who struggles to know what Ralph means half the time? I sort of understand what he is saying here but not quite.

"...in order to sell him off for a profit".

We've replaced a completely useless commodity with an Inter player...what is there not to like? See this one as a Brucey bonus - hoping that it's not too long before we see a CB LB and ST,

We got a LB last week.

Unlike you to put a negative spin on a postive. Not sure why you put your words in quotes - he didnt say that, you did.

Just my take on the new boards mentality towards players. I think we'll be seeing a higher turnover of players season on season from now on.

How do you explain multi-dimensional?

Normally I draw a straight line and talk about points A and B; how they form a single measurable relationship of a shared distance. This distance can be described with a dimension tag, for instance 'width'. I then move onto a third point C and how that now forms two further measurable relationships with points A and B. These can also be ascribed dimensional tags in triangulation. Often this set can be described as having two dimensions, we might call it 'depth' for example. I then talk about moving one of the points off the page and up, this could then be ascribed the dimension tag 'height'. Suddenly we have three dimensions. I give these dimensional tags names like 'height and width' but I could ascribe alphanumeric tags (x,y,z is common). I would then talk about 'time' as it is another measurable relationship shared by two or more points, for example the 'time' taken to draw my example or for you to read this text. Alas, it seems, time can be easily wasted.

Normally I draw a straight line and talk about points A and B; how they form a single measurable relationship of a shared distance. This distance can be described with a dimension tag, for instance 'width'. I then move onto a third point C and how that now forms two further measurable relationships with points A and B. These can also be ascribed dimensional tags in triangulation. Often this set can be described as having two dimensions, we might call it 'depth' for example. I then talk about moving one of the points off the page and up, this could then be ascribed the dimension tag 'height'. Suddenly we have three dimensions. I give these dimensional tags names like 'height and width' but I could ascribe alphanumeric tags (x,y,z is common). I would then talk about 'time' as it is another measurable relationship shared by two or more points, for example the 'time' taken to draw my example or for you to read this text. Alas, it seems, time can be easily wasted.

Nice, but possibly more helpful if explained in the context of Ralph Krueger?

Nice, but possibly more helpful if explained in the context of Ralph Krueger?

Normally Ralph Krueger draws a straight line and talk about points Ralph A and Ralph B; how they form a single measurable relationship of a shared distance. This distance can be described with a dimension tag, for instance Ralphy 'width'.

That kind of thing?

not seen a great deal of him myself, so what makes you think that?

Well, I guess like yourself I haven't seen much of Bertrand play in the flesh, but value judgements like those tend to be extremely subjective. Neither do I know much about his playing statistics, not that I would be able to effectively interpret them anyway. All I can do (like everyone else on this forum) is merely form an opinion based on the known facts.

Without running through those facts, my opinion is that Bertrand has been acquired with the view to provide competition for Matt Targett who isn't ready for the Premier League yet. I would also hazard that the club are at the stage where they are unsure whether or not Targett will fulfil his potential to the stage that Shaw did (but that's a guess). Anyway, the acquisition is "excellent" because it provides the club with a low-risk player who, should he claim a consistent position in the squad, can be purchased permanently or, if he pales in Targett's progression, can be let go for no substantial amount of money.

Importantly, Bertrand has a strong incentive to perform for Southampton. Many think, "Oh, he's a loanee so he therefore won't show commitment like a full-on purchase will", but I beg to differ. Southampton has a strong track record in producing world class left backs and Bertrand, should he step up to the plate, might be able to up his value (and wage) by several million. He might go to a 'better' club if that happens, but then at least Southampton has benefited from his services for the season (which is enough, in my opinion).

I understand this is a long post, but I really do think Bertrand has the chance to achieve something with the club. As we know with football however, there are just too many factors involved to make a firm prediction. The guy might fail for all I know.

Well, I guess like yourself I haven't seen much of Bertrand play in the flesh,

You may have seen him more than you think

ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP Tu 29Jan 2008 Southampton 0 - 1 Norwich

ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP Tu 30Sep 2008 Southampton 2 - 0 Norwich

ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP Tu 27Jan 2009 Norwich 2 - 2 Southampton

ENGLISH PREMIER Sa 30Mar 2013 Southampton 2 - 1 Chelsea

ENGLISH PREMIER Sa 19Apr 2014 Aston Villa 0 - 0 Southampton

You may have seen him more than you think

ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP Tu 29Jan 2008 Southampton 0 - 1 Norwich

ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP Tu 30Sep 2008 Southampton 2 - 0 Norwich

ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP Tu 27Jan 2009 Norwich 2 - 2 Southampton

ENGLISH PREMIER Sa 30Mar 2013 Southampton 2 - 1 Chelsea

ENGLISH PREMIER Sa 19Apr 2014 Aston Villa 0 - 0 Southampton

Good shout! Had completely forgot that he was at Norwich around then, but I don't think my priority was to form an opinion upon their left back :)