Artur Boruc Instagram

Delboy Dave

Boruc has done a 'Lovren'

Don't think Koeman handled the situation particularly well. Forster was a target when Pochettino was in charge so he may well be getting directive from above, but still, he could have been a bit more diplomatic in the way he handled talk of competing for the no. 1 spot. Will be incredibly frustrating if Boruc wants out as we are effectively back to square one on the goalkeeping front. Probably need to go in for someone a bit younger with potential, like Alex McCarthy at Reading, if we want genuine competition there. Turf Gazzaniga out on loan and have KD as third choice.

Never for a minute thought Boruc would sit quietly on the bench.

Interesting to see if the club do anything or if they are simply going to tolerate a disruptive influence because it means they have more cover.

I wonder how much better Gazzaniga is now after another year's coaching.

Don't think Koeman handled the situation particularly well. Forster was a target when Pochettino was in charge so he may well be getting directive from above, but still, he could have been a bit more diplomatic in the way he handled talk of competing for the no. 1 spot....

You actually have no knowledge of how he handled it, only what was said in public after the event. What happened in private before that no-one ,except AB and RK, knows about.

You actually have no knowledge of how he handled it, only what was said in public after the event. What happened in private before that no-one ,except AB and RK, knows about.

And so you think it would be a great selling point to Forster a 10m signing that you won't be our number 1 keeper until you prove it.

The sense of self entitlement that some of our players from last season had is incredible

And so you think it would be a great selling point to Forster a 10m signing that you won't be our number 1 keeper until you prove it.

The sense of self entitlement that some of our players from last season had is incredible

That's pretty much what happened with Lloris at Spurs, he didn't go straight in by any stretch.

Never for a minute thought Boruc would sit quietly on the bench.

Interesting to see if the club do anything or if they are simply going to tolerate a disruptive influence because it means they have more cover.

more importantly ..if, as it seems he does eventually move on ........WHO becomes number two goalie ?......KD and Gazzaniga have both proven they aren't really long term options.

BvD-UNWCYAABpx4.jpg
be careful Boruc, nobody thinks twice about disrespecting one of the any loyal players, including the player you replaced as No.1. Throw a bottle at fans and look a bit mental and you are seen as the best, act professionally and stay loyal to the club, your achievements and match winning performances are soon forgotten.

BvD-UNWCYAABpx4.jpg

Do you think Kelvin felt the need to come out with this when he was replaced by Boruc?

He is not being pushed, the CLUB are looking to improve and it is unfortunate for him that it is his position. Someone needs to point out that there is no "I" in team - maybe Kelvin would be a great choice to tell him.

And he can take loyalty and shove it where the sun don't shine. He seems to think that he has a divine right to the Nº1 goalkeeping slot. What on earth are modern players on these days? We took him on as unemployed, have given him a contract and I think by the sounds of things want him to honour it. However ithis is football and he is in the final year of a contract that won't be renewed, so I guess we will listen to offers. There's always the option for him to really knuckle down and make the Nº1 spot his on merit.

Loyalty - who comes across as being more loyal with the sort of **** posted above - Kelvin Davis or Artur Boruc? **** I hate these modern day players.

I don't blame Boruc. It's harsh. Yes we needed another keeper, but we weren't desperate for a new no.1. Boruc was great for most of last season. The problem wasn't the couple of silly errors, it was the injuries.

From his point of view why would you want to spend the last couple of years of your career sat on the bench? And if you see yourself as a key part of a club's best season in many years, you wouldn't be happy being ditched.

Especially when we don't even know if Forster is as good yet. Big ask. Boruc made some excellent performances last year and conceded very few goals. We never get stuffed. Worst scorelines were 4-1 at city, 3-1 and 3-0 v Chelsea, and he conceded just 1 of those goals.

I agree he is a decent keeper. Look at the goal Redmond scored against us at Norwich that was a bad one and obviously the Arsenal debacle. He ddi have a confident defence in front of him, Lovren is the major loss to us and i still cant get over why we let him go, he was worth 30m+ to us

Ha, do you think footballers live in a hermetically sealed world where nothing said in the public domain affects their mood/morale? Only have to look at Morgan's reaction to Krueger's talkSPORT/Sky Sports interviews for that. I can only judge personally on what was said in public, but compared to say Pellegrini's handling of the Hart/Cabellero situation, I thought Koeman could have done more to foster genuine competition between our two goalkeepers.

That's the point, he may well have done so, but neither you or I would have any knowledge unless, as you say, it was said in public - RK did say he expected AB to 'be professional' and be competitive, so perhaps AB threw a precious-strop "but you pwomised me I'd always be your number one" kind of thing (not really, but you get the gist) or maybe he's had a bad night 'cos he's got piles and they're giving him grief? I would truly expect RK to have done some serious work into bringing FF and AB 'together'.

But if Artur really is getting precious, it saddens me. Or maybe he doesn't think he is good enough to compete with FF? As a squad and a club we need him here so we have two top-ranking goalies. The club is greater than the player, after all.

And I'm sure that footballers are grown up enough to understand that more often than not, what is said in public is said to feed the public appetite only.

Ha, do you think footballers live in a hermetically sealed world where nothing said in the public domain affects their mood/morale? Only have to look at Morgan's reaction to Krueger's talkSPORT/Sky Sports interviews for that. I can only judge personally on what was said in public, but compared to say Pellegrini's handling of the Hart/Cabellero situation, I thought Koeman could have done more to foster genuine competition between our two goalkeepers.

Morgan's reaction followed a meeting he had with his agent and the club. Not what was said in the media.

Every time it gets passed back to him, I am just waiting for some cock up from some poor clearance. And I am sure that some will agree that his kicking can be ****e. Just as ****e as his Cruyff turns. Also letting the ball bunce over his head at Stoke etc etc. He is prone to making mistakes, and a fair few. OK, he said after Stoke (and Arsenal I think) that he would make up for those, and he did pull off some superb saves. But I would far rather a keeper didn;t make those silly errors in the first place so therefore not feel the need to "make up" for them.

As for our keepers in 2013/14

AB 29 games, 26 goals, 14 clean sheets, 2577 minutes played

PG 8 games, 15 goals, 1 clean sheet, 663 minutes

KD 2 games, 5 goals, 0 clean sheets, 180 minutes

FF 37 games, 21 goals, 21 clean sheets, 3330 minutes

And yes I know FF was in the SPL.

This is not Koeman's choice to give FF the prime spot, but Dave Watson's.

This right royally has got me pïssed off. As I psoted earlier Boruc should be professional and work to get the spot, not PRESUME it to be his over what many consider to be a better keeper. What sort of culture is there at the club that has turned all the players into complete ****s. Time to clear anyone else out, and give Koeman a free reign.

Anyway, I imagine that he will be off after a massive 2 year stay (as Neil90 pointed out). So that leaves Gazza as the number 2. I sort of suspect that it is up to Dave Watson as to whether he can turn him into a good goalie, one who can do the job properly. It would be interesting to know from anyone with an ear to the ground as to what progress Gazza is making.

Feels like a bit of a sulk.

From an unassailable position last year as no 1. he is no longer guaranteed the no 1 spot - It may even be that forster has been selected for Sunday. Whatever the reason you can do one of two things. knuckle down and show RK that he fecked up and you are the number one choice or take to social media and scream "WAH, woe is me".

Im past caring about these precious t0ssers anymore

I don't agree with the way Boruc is handling this, but equally I think the club have dealt with the whole situation very badly.

It has shown a distinct lack of respect to one of our better players last year by publicly stating Forster will be number 1 without even having to work his way in. It doesn't set a very good precedent for the rest of the squad.

I don't agree with the way Boruc is handling this, but equally I think the club have dealt with the whole situation very badly.

It has shown a distinct lack of respect to one of our better players last year by publicly stating Forster will be number 1 without even having to work his way in. It doesn't set a very good precedent for the rest of the squad.

Why on earth does he have to work his way in? Should that work with every signing we make? Your post doesn't make sense.

Yeah, I thought that was quite a poor thing for Koeman to flash out in the public domain. Would have been better off saying that ''we have 2 keepers here, both very good number 1 keepers, they will be vying for the spot''. He may well have known deep down who his number 1 was, but it was kind of poor management to throw such conclusive words into the public domain.

But on the other hand, why are our players so precious? Did cortese train them in a course on how to become a primadona or something? Because they're all damn good at it. Why couldn't he react like Davis did when Boruc took his place? or react like Freidel did when Lloris finally secured the number 1 spot?

Why on earth does he have to work his way in? Should that work with every signing we make? Your post doesn't make sense.

I mean from a public stance. That conversation may have been had with Forster in order to convince him to sign, however we should have done it in exactly the same way as Spurs did. Its not as if Boruc is Gazzaniga in which case it would be easy to drop him instantly.

I mean from a public stance. That conversation may have been had with Forster in order to convince him to sign, however we should have done it in exactly the same way as Spurs did. Its not as if Boruc is Gazzaniga in which case it would be easy to drop him instantly.
Why should they do it the way Spurs did? Why shouldn't the manager pick the team he feels is the best? Doesn't make sense.

If you read the interview with Kasper Schmeichel the other day he said something like what new goalkeepers want to hear when they join is they are going to be number one, made to feel special. Our future is Fraser Forster, who at 26, could give us easily another 8 years if he likes it here and Liverpool don't fancy him. Boruc was pretty good for us last season but at 34 and prone to stupidity I think we're correct to put all our faith in Forster. Our fans are pretty happy when it comes to wanting new outfield players that we have to sign ones that are better than what we have and go straight in the team , why can't it work for keepers?

So, on award night last season Boruc made a joke about the lack of competition and when it arrives he does this...?

I love him as a player and the character he is but that seems a bit ott for me.

Koeman had pretty much an impossible situation cause Forster wouldn´t come if he wasn´t guaranteed the first spot imo and Boruc is 35 next year when his contract ends so we really need to get a new one in. Even if we would´ve gone for a 2nd choice now it would probably cost £4-5m and then we´d have the same problem next summer...

If you read the interview with Kasper Schmeichel the other day he said something like what new goalkeepers want to hear when they join is they are going to be number one, made to feel special. Our future is Fraser Forster, who at 26, could give us easily another 8 years if he likes it here and Liverpool don't fancy him. Boruc was pretty good for us last season but at 34 and prone to stupidity I think we're correct to put all our faith in Forster. Our fans are pretty happy when it comes to wanting new outfield players that we have to sign ones that are better than what we have and go straight in the team , why can't it work for keepers?
Exactly. Should Lovren have been stuck on the bench at the start of last season so we weren't disrespectful to Yoshida? It is a ridiculous suggestion.

My main gripe is the public stance that RK took in his interview. As S-Clarke said, he could have encouraged competition between the two but in fact only proved to alienate Boruc (which admittedly he has to take part responsibility for by taking competition as part and parcel of the game). Boruc was a hugely valuable member of the squad last season so should at least be given enough rope to hang himself. Once he makes a mistake than fair enough but that's how competition works and how squads evolve.

Exactly. Should Lovren have been stuck on the bench at the start of last season so we weren't disrespectful to Yoshida? It is a ridiculous suggestion.

That's utterly irrelevant in this instance as most peoples opinions are that there isn't much between the two keepers in terms of ability. Forget age, price tags etc. There was always a huge difference in ability between Yoshida and Lovren.

My main gripe is the public stance that RK took in his interview. As S-Clarke said, he could have encouraged competition between the two but in fact only proved to alienate Boruc (which admittedly he has to take part responsibility for by taking competition as part and parcel of the game). Boruc was a hugely valuable member of the squad last season so should at least be given enough rope to hang himself. Once he makes a mistake than fair enough but that's how competition works and how squads evolve.
But that doesn't make sense either. Why just wait for Boruc to make a mistake? That's not the overall barometer of a good keeper, either Forster is a better keeper and should be picked ahead of Boruc, or he's not and shouldn't be. Koeman obviously rates Forster higher, therefore should pick what he considers his best team.

To be fair we don't know what Koeman has said in private to the keepers. He might have told them that due to the £10m fee the fans want to see Forster fully backed as there have been disgruntled noises with regards to transfers and they won't want to see a £10m player sat on the bench but that thesy will still be competing with the spot. I'm sure Irene will come and tell me I'm incorrect but I'm just surmising.

I personally think Forster does have to justifiy his price tag so I'd throw him straight in at Liverpool.

But that doesn't make sense either. Why just wait for Boruc to make a mistake? That's not the overall barometer of a good keeper, either Forster is a better keeper and should be picked ahead of Boruc, or he's not and shouldn't be. Koeman obviously rates Forster higher, therefore should pick what he considers his best team.

To me the right stance should be : we are bringing in a keeper to provide competition, Boruc has the shirt, battle it out in training and see who impresses the most. Ultimately if Forster is the better keeper he Will win his place.

Kind of like what Spurs did at the time with Lloris and Friedel. Lloris became number one keeper after a few months.

To me the right stance should be : we are bringing in a keeper to provide competition, Boruc has the shirt, battle it out in training and see who impresses the most. Ultimately if Forster is the better keeper he Will win his place.

Kind of like what Spurs did at the time with Lloris and Friedel. Lloris became number one keeper after a few months.

But Koeman rates Forster as a better keeper it would appear, so he will be picking him. It wouldn't make sense for him to pick a team that he doesn't consider his best.

So, on award night last season Boruc made a joke about the lack of competition and when it arrives he does this...?

thank you for confirming this, I thought I had imagine Boruc making that comment about the lack of genuine competition.

Would have thought he would relish the challenge..

Disagree Spurs approach was a right pigs ear until manager finally came out and picked one as his number 1.

You really need to get out more mate. A player leaving a football club is not a tragedy. I lost my mother in April, that was a tragedy. If this really does count as a tragedy in your life I pity you.

Good post it shows football is minor compared to real tradgy. Sorry about the loss of your mother.

Disagree Spurs approach was a right pigs ear until manager finally came out and picked one as his number 1.

When Adkins didn't know who was going to be his number 1 when we came up it created all sorts of problems, I have no problem with Koeman stating who his number 1 is and sticking by him. Strong management if you ask me.