The Future Mr. Saint please stand up!

Bermuda Saint

WOW, what a start to the season, many questions answered for me on that field! Even with a narrow loss to liverhampton, I can’t keep the grin off my face. We were good, very good at times.

The soccer pundits in Canada wanted to blab about Liverpool’s accomplishments but had to recognize what a good performance we put in and how unlucky we were not to come away with points. They echoed many people’s fears (too many on this site) about a team that had been decimated of it’s most talented players and coach, and feared how they would fare in the coming season, but they saw what we all saw…A team that is continuing on our path of playing good attacking football with a new group of talented players to go with the already solid group.

I have been very optimistic of our direction since the appointment of Roko, and tried to encourage the pessimistic on here that we will be ok, we are still heading in the right direction, lots of drama to come! but with a good new coach and new players fitting in we can only improve as we gel and new players get used to the PL.

I have seen the future, we all have, I just didn’t understand the importance of this young man. JWP is the new Mr. Saint, the one that will lead our new generation of academy products into the light of the poaching CL clubs. If he can fulfill his potential, continue his progression into the English national team then he will be the next to be tempted away.

JWP must be given time to mature, he doesn’t have the luxury of honing his skills in the lower divisions like lalla, spidy, clyne. Etc…..he will have to prove himself against the world class players. Tough task, but his academy coaches, English Intl. youth managers, Mopo and Roko have seen enough to put this boy in the starting 11. I have to trust their judgment, the fans need to get behind him and support him because he could be the leader of our next golden generation.

We have heard good things about our academy products, many on the verge of first team football, if this is the case (our academy coaching has been right so far) then they must be good, very good but are still very young! Most good footballers are maturing into their skills around their early 20’s, that leaves a few years for our academy products to ripen into the type of players that are confident in their game.

With patient integration with our established foreign players we will continue to have a sustainable model. If the stars line up just right and we manage to hold onto our best players for a few years to let this team mature into it's full potential, we may win a cup or reach that top 6.

The future is still bright, the future is red and white!

when i saw thread title i thought, finally! Bermuda Saint is openly scouting the forum for life partner! I had my cv ready, but Alas! He seems more interested in JWP :(

Lose a bit of hair and walk more often on your hind legs and you never know... may help if you have blonde hair, aged 19 but look younger and have a great box to box attitude.

It's the one I use, liverhampton sounds cobbled.

Too funny, i spend time trying to put positive, constructive ideas forward and the main point being bantered is my stupid liverhampton name for the scousers that were lucky to have won that game.

Back to my point!! I am guessing that JWP is the new academy prodigy in which we will build a team around. My opinion in whether he will live up to this exulted position is still out! he is technically good, but still has many areas to improve, at 19, he has the next few years to grow into an outstanding CM. But if the development squad is right, well done!! it was a long term vision they had for JWP and his quality at youth level justified them putting him in the PL first team to continue his development.

I think JWP will be the one that we will not sell. I am guessing the club have that much hope for this kid to be our flag bearer. He will be the Mr. Saint that we will build a team around with his fellow academy mates and top notch foreign talent (Tadic, Wayama if we can keep them for 2 or more years etc).

Do you think JWP will become the next MLT?

Will our club grow enough in the next few years to allow us to increase our wage structure to keep players?

Is this an old dream that has been repeated over and over (bale,ox,lalla,LS,CC.........nightmare)?

I think the club believes this 'Mr Saints' player you speak of will in time be Harrison Reed. They seem to value his potential as higher than anyone else to come through our academy. Only time will tell.

As for JWP, he has all the traits to become a top player, but just needs to develop his end product that little bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

QUOTE=Bermuda Saint;2032983]Too funny, i spend time trying to put positive, constructive ideas forward and the main point being bantered is my stupid liverhampton name for the scousers that were lucky to have won that game.

Back to my point!! I am guessing that JWP is the new academy prodigy in which we will build a team around. My opinion in whether he will live up to this exulted position is still out! he is technically good, but still has many areas to improve, at 19, he has the next few years to grow into an outstanding CM. But if the development squad is right, well done!! it was a long term vision they had for JWP and his quality at youth level justified them putting him in the PL first team to continue his development.

I think JWP will be the one that we will not sell. I am guessing the club have that much hope for this kid to be our flag bearer. He will be the Mr. Saint that we will build a team around with his fellow academy mates and top notch foreign talent (Tadic, Wayama if we can keep them for 2 or more years etc).

Will our club grow enough in the next few years to allow us to increase our wage structure to keep players?

Is this an old dream that has been repeated over and over (bale,ox,lalla,LS,CC.........nightmare)?

With the penalty given to JWP, they continue to push him to grow and establish himself as a key member in our team. Will he be the eventual captain of SFC? Will he be the next MLT? I think his penalty was once again SFC trying to make this young man a super star. Some of the fans may not see it, but the coaching staff have consistently pushed this kid, let's support their vision and get behind JWP. He maybe the CM that we build a team around and not let leave, ie pay him enough to stay! It will be interesting if he us our captain in a few years, if that happens, then those coaches that had picked him out as a kid are truly world class!.

QUOTE=Bermuda Saint;2032983]Too funny, i spend time trying to put positive, constructive ideas forward and the main point being bantered is my stupid liverhampton name for the scousers that were lucky to have won that game.

With the penalty given to JWP, they continue to push him to grow and establish himself as a key member in our team. Will he be the eventual captain of SFC? Will he be the next MLT? I think his penalty was once again SFC trying to make this young man a super star. Some of the fans may not see it, but the coaching staff have consistently pushed this kid, let's support their vision and get behind JWP. He maybe the CM that we build a team around and not let leave, ie pay him enough to stay! It will be interesting if he us our captain in a few years, if that happens, then those coaches that had picked him out as a kid are truly world class!.

I was at a talk given by Les Reed and he was singing his praises really highly - apparently he is really clever and could have gone to Oxford or Cambridge Uni. Think you are correct and the club are pushing him to reach new heights and his potential.