England v Norway

Colinjb

People apparently care so little about the England team that they'll start threads about it on internet forums... :lol:

Now now. :p

Until last night I wasn't even aware the game was tonight. Yes, there was a squad announcement recently but had thought the game would be on Friday night. Hadn't seen it advertised, nothing in the media aside from the squad.

Wanted to know what people's feelings about the game would be after the relative excitement of the last squad when we had three players there, now they have all gone and we have only a substitute keeper to make up the numbers. In all seriousness I shall be watching the bake off instead.....Pie and tart week! Come on!

Edited by Colinjb

Some choice bits from Paul Parker on Rooney @ United here. Article also contains Forren's comment about Wayne putting on the beef.

He's been awful. There he was at Burnley this weekend, supposedly captaining the team - but I saw a player interested only in himself, doing nothing to try and lift his game or inspire his team-mates.

The only thing in any way remarkable about his performance is that he collects £300,000 a week to play that badly.

Once Robin van Persie is fully-fit again, Rooney must be the person to be dropped from United's new attacking line-up: for me, it'll be RVP and Falcao every time.

And though there's lots of talk about him playing in the hole behind that front two, I think that'd be a huge mistake - why would you have Rooney there when Juan Mata or Angel Di Maria would do the job so much better?

That'll leave Louis Van Gaal with a big call to make: dropping Wayne Rooney. He's always shown in his career that he's not afraid of the big decisions.

http://malaysiandigest.com/sports/516582-wayne-rooney-blasted-by-norway-skipper.html

Some choice bits from Paul Parker on Rooney @ United here. Article also contains Forren's comment about Wayne putting on the beef.

http://malaysiandigest.com/sports/516582-wayne-rooney-blasted-by-norway-skipper.html

That'll leave Louis Van Gaal with a big call to make: dropping Wayne Rooney. He's always shown in his career that he's not afraid of the big decisions.

I just cannot see it at all. He wouldn't make him captain to then drop him weeks later. If he was remotely inclined to do so, he would have made RVP captain.

I won't be watching tonight, not worth using up football credits with the gf for really. Will most likely be Bake Off on in the background whilst I try design some levels. :)

Unsurprising. Batman is not big on the detective work.

Was not me who called, my mate

What number did you ring, Steve as when my mate called that was the case on the website yet when trying to book, not available

Unless they are opening more parts of the ground

Edit

Managed to get £60 tickets for half price

Edited by Batman

Worth £60 not to listen to Adrian sodding Charles.

Watching this game but mostly out of pure boredom. I think Rooney will score and be hailed in the media as an inspiration performance by our new captain (against the mighty Norway). I would probably rather Forster is left on the bench. He is never going to be first choice whilst Hart still has 2 arms and I don't want to risk a pointless injury in this non-event of a game.

Worth £60 not to listen to Adrian sodding Charles.

Watching this game but mostly out of pure boredom. I think Rooney will score and be hailed in the media as an inspiration performance by our new captain (against the mighty Norway). I would probably rather Forster is left on the bench. He is never going to be first choice whilst Hart still has 2 arms and I don't want to risk a pointless injury in this non-event of a game.

Adrian Charles is to commentary as what Crippin was to eternal life.

I'm still vaguely interested in England, not watching though purely because I'd rather shower with a bear than put up with Chiles, Townsend and Tyldesley. If it was on BBC I'd be watching. I might see how much of the second half I can stomach.

I'm still vaguely interested in England, not watching though purely because I'd rather shower with a bear than put up with Chiles, Townsend and Tyldesley. If it was on BBC I'd be watching. I might see how much of the second half I can stomach.

Try putting the TV on mute and listening to this for the second half -

And here we see everything that is wrong with football.

Chambers puts in a string of excellent performances for Southampton and is completely ignored. He plays two f**king games for Arsenal and boom! England squad. Still it's two more than Walcott when he got taken to the sodding world cup in 2006.