January 2015 HCDAJFU

Lighthouse

A RB, CMx2 and a CB. Keeper if it seems FF will be out as long as feared come the window. If we need to buy a keeper, a CM to get the bump.. Maybe, Elia if the price is nice and cheap

The rest to be made up from the academy....that is what we are supposed to be about

Depending on Jay Rod, another striker.

But agree otherwise. Those who think we are going to go into Europe with some mega squad are going to be seriously disappointed. There's not much money in the Europa League so can't see us splashing put that much beyond basic renovation (ie replacing Morgan).

Like you say, the kids will need to step up next season, probably in the League Cup initially (like a real big club for a season....).

Not sure if Jake Hesketh has an inside track on our transfer deals but he's followed Odegaard and Memphis Depay in the last 24hrs. Wishful thinking!

Shame we couldn't land Depay last summer. Think United will get him this summer.

Anyone heard anything about Ings? Anyone know him? Seems a shame for a decent young saints supporting striker of that quality not to come here. He's clearly leaving, but it just seems he'll be off to be a sub somewhere. Liverpool would ruin him, the top 4 wouldn't play him, maybe Spurs but it's pretty obvious the best move in the Premier League would be Saints.

Austin too. Would be nice to sign both. 3 proper strikers at the club, plus Rodriguez, Mane and Tadic, amazing options. That would compensate for losing Schneiderlin, as I think Wanyama, Reed, Davis and JWP could hold the midfield together, and probably Vilhenna too.

For around the millionth time... He doesnt want to come south

For who? You?

We can't make top 4 now and unless there's an upset in the Cup Europe is a gimme so we'll scrap it out with Liverpool and Tottenham for the 5th 6th and 7th places, those leaving will start to switch off and there'll be more results like yesterday I expect. Poor end to an exciting season, we got it wrong in January and now it's all downhill to the beaches.

We can't make top 4 now and unless there's an upset in the Cup Europe is a gimme so we'll scrap it out with Liverpool and Tottenham for the 5th 6th and 7th places, those leaving will start to switch off and there'll be more results like yesterday I expect. Poor end to an exciting season, we got it wrong in January and now it's all downhill to the beaches.

So we are scrapping it out with Liverpool and Spurs but you think the season is over? Weird.

To be fair the season is fizzling out

Depends if you see best of the rest as a decent place or not I suppose. We've been disappointing (in a relative sort of way) since december now, 26 points from our first 12 games and 27 from the 19 since. Could have been so much better really.

We've proven all those knob journalists and pundits correct, we didn't last the pace in the rarified atmospheres.

Depends if you see best of the rest as a decent place or not I suppose. We've been disappointing (in a relative sort of way) since december now, 26 points from our first 12 games and 27 from the 19 since. Could have been so much better really.

We've proven all those knob journalists and pundits correct, we didn't last the pace in the rarified atmospheres.

And what if we beat Hull, Stoke and Spurs?

And what if we beat Hull, Stoke and Spurs?

We might make 5th instead of 7th, don't really see the difference myself except that we play some Moldovian minnows in July instead of Basingstoke. Top 4 was within our grasp, we needed a striker in January and ducked out of it that's all.

I desperately want to win every game. For me, the season finishes at the end of the Man City game. Then we'll see where we are and we can look back on the (very enjoyable) season. It's only over or fizzling out if you want it to be.

21 points to play for but the season has already ended for some:mcinnes:

Its not that its ended, I just cant see us really pushing on from here. If all of a sudden Pellè and Elia remember how to play than perhaps we can push Spurs and liverpool. But the way we are playing right now I dont think so.

Windows isnt wrong, we had a real oppurtunity in january and bought in an AM we arguably didnt need instead of trying to wrestle a striker here

When he signs for spurs you'll say London isn't south !? ;)

From what Ive been told by the people that know him. For certain reasons he doesnt want to move back south. Ive no idea if that includes the london boys or not, just that early last year we made an approach abd were told he doesnt want to come south

From what Ive been told by the people that know him. For certain reasons he doesnt want to move back south. Ive no idea if that includes the london boys or not, just that early last year we made an approach abd were told he doesnt want to come south

He'll go to Liverpool, they need him and it's near enough where he wants to be. Out of contract so no transfer fee, win win situation for everybody concerned, except the deluded here of course who believe that because he's from Totton or Netley or wherever it is he wants to play for us. We turned him down once, aged about 12 no doubt and that's all he needs to know, plus we probably don't pay enough to get his sort of quality for nowt..

Edited by Window Cleaner

No one actually knows why we didn't buy a striker. Maybe we had targets who were unavailable at the time, or maybe it was just difficult to bring in anyone better than we already have? A lot of posters question it, but who exactly should we have signed?

He'll go to Liverpool, they need him and it's near enough where he wants to be. Out of contract so no transfer fee, win win situation for everybody concerned, except the deluded here of course who believe that because he's from Totton or Netley or wherever it is he wants to play for us. We turned him down once, aged about 12 no doubt and that's all he needs to know, plus we probably don't pay enough to get his sort of quality for nowt..

Burnley will get compensation and it would be significantly more if he stays in England rather than for example moving to Spain.

We might make 5th instead of 7th, don't really see the difference myself except that we play some Moldovian minnows in July instead of Basingstoke. Top 4 was within our grasp, we needed a striker in January and ducked out of it that's all.

Not enough face palms in the world.

Sign austin, hernandez, stekelenburg, richards, clasie, sissoko, alderweireld, and cabaye! All for around 70m

Sell clyne, schneiderlin, jwp and osvaldo for around 75m

Squad from

Sketelenburg...forster

Richards...McCarthy

Fonte...Yoshida

Alderweireld...Gardos

Bertrand....Targett

Wanyama....Clasie

Sissoko.....Reed

Cabaye....Ramirez

Hernandez.....Mane

Rodriguez.....Tadic

Austin.....Pelle

Job done

Sign austin, hernandez, stekelenburg, richards, clasie, sissoko, alderweireld, and cabaye! All for around 70m

Squad from

Sketelenburg...forster

Richards...McCarthy

Fonte...Yoshida

Alderweireld...Gardos

Bertrand....Targett

Wanyama....Clasie

Sissoko.....Reed

Cabaye....Ramirez

Hernandez.....Mane

Rodriguez.....Tadic

Austin.....Pelle

Job done

Keep Ramirez? Lol

Squad from

Sketelenburg...forster

Richards...McCarthy

Fonte...Yoshida

Alderweireld...Gardos

Bertrand....Targett

Wanyama....Clasie

Sissoko.....Reed

Cabaye....Ramirez

Hernandez.....Mane

Rodriguez.....Tadic

Austin.....Pelle

Job done

We would probably get something like £40m for Morgan and Clyne if we were lucky. £5m for JWP as he is at the moment and £0 for Osvaldo. That's £40-45m for those four. I'm not sure if you were joking but £75m? Dream on.

Seen him play recently? Took Chelsea apart other day LOL

Had a great game, seems to rise to the bigger occasions. Cannot possibly be any worse that Djuricic or Elia, probably far more expensive though. I liked the look of Djuricic against Liverpool as well, too lightweight of course but did some enterprising things, seems to have fallen out of favour in a short time though.

We would probably get something like £40m for Morgan and Clyne if we were lucky. £5m for JWP as he is at the moment and £0 for Osvaldo. That's £40-45m for those four. I'm not sure if you were joking but £75m? Dream on.

Are you thick? Genuine question.

Morgan is minimum 25, utd sniffing about a 25 deal for clyne with hernandez coming opposite valued at 10. All red tops sayinf jwp valued at 20 and hodgson said hes going to full team. May get around 5 for osvaldo from boca may get nothing...

seen a few of your posts recently. Reckon you're a bit dim mate honestly speaking.

Morgan is minimum 25, utd sniffing about a 25 deal for clyne with hernandez coming opposite valued at 10. All red tops sayinf jwp valued at 20 and hodgson said hes going to full team. May get around 5 for osvaldo from boca may get nothing...

seen a few of your posts recently. Reckon you're a bit dim mate honestly speaking.

If anyone pays £25m for Clyne, who has a year left on his deal, then they are the dim ones to be honest.

£15m tops I'd say. I think Morgan will go for less than Lallana too.

Independently of the rest I really, really doubt that we'll get more than 20 million for Morgan, there are other DMs available for free or bargain basement prices and the number of possible destinations for him is limited . I only see Arsenal which I doubt happening and the AS Rome as definite possibilities because I just don't believe that many other top clubs (ie CL clubs)

will be interested in him to the extent of paying the 25 million £ (or 33.5 million euros) that you believe to be the "just prix".

Could well still be here next season actually if we were determined to obtain 25 million.

If anyone pays £25m for Clyne, who has a year left on his deal, then they are the dim ones to be honest.

We'd have probably let Lallana go for less if there wasn't the Bournemouth cream off. We got 52 million for Lallana,Chambers and Lovren, probably something like 20 12 and 20 then.

I'm being called dim by a man who doesn't know what capital letters are.

Clyne is not a wonderkid like Shaw. He is 24 and has a year left on his deal, we will probably get about £15m for him. Morgan I'd say is worth about £20m. £25m at an absolute push.

JWP for £20m when he doesn't even start half our games. :lol:

Why would they be dim? I can see how having only one year left on a contract would affect a player's sale value if there was only one interested buyer, but if there is more than one and it turns into a bit of an auction, it'd just come down to who offers most and for most top clubs, £20m+ for a top PL experienced, English right back at Clyne's age would present reasonable value for them I would have thought.

We'd have probably let Lallana go for less if there wasn't the Bournemouth cream off. We got 52 million for Lallana,Chambers and Lovren, probably something like 20 12 and 20 then.
Why on earth would we have let Lallana go for less than we could get for him?

Ironic post of the weekend award goes to.....