Saints vs Arsenal Build Up

Lighthouse

There comes a game in every season where the result makes you punch the air for weeks, months, years.

I was at the Emirates when we were cheated by injury and bad luck.

There needs to be some balance in fortune. Balance in refereeing. Balance in luck.

Mr Wenger it's about time the balance was righted.

The only problem is that when a match means so much sometimes it ends in disappointment.

So many times have Arsenal made me disappointed, frustrated, angry.

This time we are gonna nail them.

3-1 Saints

It may be that the absence of both Bertrand and Clyne with Targett at left back persuaded Koeman that putting McCarthy in against Chelsea at right back would be a bigger risk than Yoshida and going back to a four. With Bertrand back and now Schneiderlin out against Arsenal he could opt for a five with McCarthy at right back and leave Tadic out. We did pretty well against Arsenal with a back four. At least we have the options including Yoshida at right back and Fonte, Alderweireld and Gardos at centre back and Bertrand left back.
The difference is though that Targett had got a fair few first team minutes under his belt prior to Sunday and Koeman has had the chance of looking at him in a competitive first team environment in advance. McCarthy has only played a few minutes away to Palace, not really great prep for coming in against Arsenal.

Sanchez is a fantastic player but has not really had a break yet so might be tiring a bit over this xmas stretch, and Welbeck has picked up a knock so might not be at full tilt either.

However, Cazorla is the man on form and can do damage in the same manner David Silva can for Man City - We must watch him carefully.

Otherwise we have the wherewithall to nail this side, and with home advantage with a SMS crowd behind them it is very do-able.

The difference is though that Targett had got a fair few first team minutes under his belt prior to Sunday and Koeman has had the chance of looking at him in a competitive first team environment in advance. McCarthy has only played a few minutes away to Palace, not really great prep for coming in against Arsenal.

McCarthy is also primarily a centre back in the U21s.

A start at right back in the Ipswich game is more likely IMO.

Why can't we play 3-5-2 with McCarthy and Bertrand? Seems to me 3-5-2 is ideal for Arsenal where we need to be strong in the midfield. I would go Wanyama, Davis and Reed in the middle three rather than JWP who offers little outside of set plays and would start with Long and Pelle up front.

Forster; Fonte, Toby, Yoshida; McCarthy, Wanyama, Bertrand; Reed, Davis; Long, Pelle. Bench Davis, Tadic, Mane, Gardos, Targett, JWP, Hesketh (if fit again). Almost looking like a reasonably strong bench again with players that can actually make a difference.

The bench looks stronger in your team because you've put all the bench players in the first XI. McCarthy is a CB who is learning his senior trade as a RB, I doubt Koeman will play him at wing back. Guess I prefer experienced players like Yoshida and JWP to Reed and McCarthy who have one PL start between them.

JWP offers little outside of set plays apart from a beautiful assist against Palace, very good passing ability, hard work and a wicked cross. Think this kid will need to score 6 goals in 6 games to get people to shut up. He can tuck in alongside Wanyama and Davis whilst Mane drifts around Pelle, like against Chelsea.

And why drop Mane, our best player for the last two games?

There comes a game in every season where the result makes you punch the air for weeks, months, years.

I was at the Emirates when we were cheated by injury and bad luck.

There needs to be some balance in fortune. Balance in refereeing. Balance in luck.

Mr Wenger it's about time the balance was righted.

The only problem is that when a match means so much sometimes it ends in disappointment.

So many times have Arsenal made me disappointed, frustrated, angry.

This time we are gonna nail them.

3-1 Saints

Feel exactly the same way. The game at the Emirates was such a frustrating night. Such bad luck. I had such a god view of that fecking goal as well!

Agree with all your points, we're definitely in the best position to beat them at home, we just need that rub of the green and for our boys to play like they have in the last games. We're on form, we need to do this and we can do this!

Surely I can't be the only one to have noticed how ropey Davis has been the last 3 games (personally I think he's been ropey most of the season, but perhaps not to the same extent). Great cross for the third goal against Everton, but in each of the last three games he's surrendered possession close to our box on at least two occasions, and has looked pretty slow in possession generally. With two assists against Palace, one from open play and one from a set-piece, I think JWP brings more to the team than Davis already, and will only get better the more he plays.

Finally someone who is seeing the same as I. And it's not only the last three games. He lost the ball which led to City's second goal and he was poor at Arsenal's goal e.g. I think he he's overrated considering the amount of praises he gets especially compared to the amount of stick Yoshida gets. Think they've performed at the same level. You can clearly see Davis isn't up there when the big guns like Chelsea and City come to play us. And he is for me annoying with his back-passes and has been lucky we haven't conceeded more goals due to his passes which put his team-mates in difficult positions. Yes he have his moments but outstanding? Come on he has profited on the performance of the whole team. And how is the quality of his corners been compared to the few corners JWP have taken? In one word, poor. Yes he is a very good squad player but if we are to take another step towards top 4 we need another calibre in that position imo.

Hoping for a good result. But, keep losing 0-1 on *FIFA15!!! (Mind you Morgan is playing and Bertrand hasn't been put back in the squad!!)

* My last results on FIFA were 1-1 Villa, 1-0 Sheff Utd win, 1-0 loss against Burnley, 3-1 Saints win against Palarse and 0-0 against Chelski!! I guess the Chelsea result shows how inaccurate my theory is though :)

If we can contain Alexis then I reckon we can do them. He's literally their only good player....

really isnt though. Cazorla is excellent

Koscielney is very good

Gibbs is very good

Chamberlain is very good

walcott is available again

Edited by Batman

Koeman at the prezzer...

Proud to have been here for the season so far

we deserve to be where we are

club is still growing. We must keep going and improve

We must continue to bring young players in

Every team has a difficult part of the season

we had some defeats in a row and it hit the confidence of the players

injuries hit us at the wrong time. it was difficult

team reacted well in the last 3 games.

1 point v Chelsea was well deserved and a positive result against of the leagues top sides

We know how arsenal will play. They will know how we will play. both teams like to play good football

We have to control them. They have fantastic front players who can win games on their own

Both sides playing good football, they have same points, will be a very tough game. Difficult game...for both sides

Not beaten arsenal in 10 games in the league. I do not care about history of this tie. it is all about tomorrow

We wont be selling in January

If we need another player it will be another attacker.

Elia is a good signing for us, he will fit our system well

we Must have the competition up the front of the side like we have in defence and midfield

It is up to Toby if he stays past this season. I have told him I would like him to stay.

It is up to toby and ryan. we want them both

Players allowed a glass of wine. They know what they can and cant have. They are professionals and they look after themselves

They are all having a nice evening with their families

No changes with the side. apart from morgan. Same squad as we had v Chelsea

Ryan is first choice LB. He will come back But am very happy with Targett. He will get more chances, in the league and cups. he is still learning

I am very happy with targetts performances

xmas time is a fantastic period. We were tired in 2nd half v chelsea but the spirit got us the point.

fans are amazing here. from day 1 they have bee amazing.

More fans behind the side this season than last it seems as more are coming to games. we must keep working as a team to reward that.

it will be very tough to maintain this but we will give it a good try

Not an easy decision to let Boruc stay at Bournemouth. Artur was older and in last year of his contract and we wanted a long tern 1st choice

We had to make a decision for the long term for the club and the side and artur stays in bournemouth as he wants to play. we understand that.

Teams like arsenal have to be at the top as they buy the best players behind city, united, chelsea.

They are there with spurs, liverpool. The we are in the group behind that.

Player like Sanchez are excellent. He can win games on his own. We dont have that kind of player.

I am not obsessed about staying in top 4. it will be very tough. I look about the progress of the side. we look to be in the top 7/8 in the country.

I dont like to get obsessed about the table at the halfway point. so many difficult games to come...for everyone

Not much to say about any campaign against chelsea. Cant see it but it is up to chelsea if they think that

Referees have a very tough job. It was 100% a penalty but we got lucky against chelsea. It was a definite penalty but we should have had some before that

I do not like my players diving. I will speak them in private if they make a blatant dive

we make a lot of attention on the refs. not good as they have a very tough job

Clyne is back home now. he will be out against ipswich but should be back for the game after

him being out hampers us playing 3 at the back. Clyne and bertrand are perfect to play 3 at the back.

Good and Bad NEW YEAR OMENS

New Years Good & Bad Luck

Empty pockets or empty cupboards on New Years Eve portend a year of poverty

If the first person to cross the threshold of a house after midnight on New Years is a dark-haird man and he carries a shovel full of coal, then a year of good luck will follow.

Its bad luck to let a fire go out on New Year's Eve.

You could ensure yourself good fortune by draining the last dregs from a bottle of drink on New Years!

The Weather: If the wind blows from the south, there will be fine weather and prosperous times in the year ahead.

If it comes from the north, it will be a year of bad weather.

The wind blowing from the east brings famine and calamities.

If the wind blows from the west, the year will witness plentiful supplies of milk and fish but will also see the death of a very important person.

If there's no wind at all, a joyful and prosperous year may be expected by all.

Loud Noise: Make as much noise as possible at midnight to scare away evil spirits.

Letting the Old Year Out:

At midnight, all the doors of a house must be opened to let the old year escape unimpeded. He must leave before the New Year can come in, says popular wisdom, so doors are flung open to assist him in finding his way out.

To dance in the open air, especially round a tree, on New Year's Day is declared to ensure luck in love and prosperity and freedom from ill health during the coming twelve months.

Children born on New Year's Day bring great fortune and prosperity to all the household.

On New Year's Day if, on rising, a girl should look out of her bedroom window and see a man passing by, she may reckon to be married before the year is finished.

Clocks should be wound up immediately the New Year begins in order to endow the house with good fortune.

All daily cleaning and dusting should be completed early in the day of December 31 in order to avoid the danger of sweeping good luck from the house.

Breakage: Avoid breaking things on that first day lest wreckage be part of your year.

Also, avoid crying on the first day of the year lest that activity set the tone for the next twelve months Money:

Do not pay back loans or lend money or other precious items on New Year's Day. To do so is to guarantee you'll be paying out all year.

New Clothes: Wear something new on January 1 to increase the likelihood of your receiving more new garments during the year to follow.

Work: Make sure to do -- and be successful at -- something related to your work on the first day of the year, even if you don't go near your place of employment that day. Limit your activity to a

token amount, though, because to engage in a serious work project on that day is very unlucky.

Black-Eyes Peas: A tradition common to the Southern part of the United States says that the eating of black-eyed peas on New Year's Day will attract both general good luck and money in particular to the one doing the dining

A person who lives alone might place a lucky item or two in a basket that has a string tied to it, and then place the basket just outside the front door before midnight.

After midnight, the lone celebrant hauls in his catch, being careful to bring the item across the doorjamb by pulling the string rather than by reaching out to retrieve it and thus breaking the plane of the threshold.

Nothing Goes Out: Nothing -- absolutely nothing, not even garbage -- is to leave the house on the first day of the year. If you have presents to deliver on New Year's Day, leave them in the car overnight.

Don't so much as shake out a rug or take the empties to the recycle bin. Some people soften this rule by saying it's okay to remove things from the home on New Year's Day, provided that something else has been brought in first. Just as the clock strikes twelve the head of the house should open the door in order to allow the Old Year to pass out and the New Year to come in. Kissing at midnight: To ensure that those affections and ties will continue throughout the next twelve months. To not do this would be to set the stage for a year of coldness.

Stocking Up: The New Year must not be seen in with bare cupboards, lest that be the way of things for the year. Larders must be topped up and plenty of money must be placed in every wallet in the place to guarantee a prosperous year.

Paying Off Bills: The new year should not be begun with the household in debt, so checks should be written and mailed off prior to January 1st. Likewise, personal debts should be settled before the New Year arrives.

First Footing: The first person to enter your home after the stroke of midnight will influence the year you're about to have. Ideally, he should be dark-haired, tall, and good-looking, and it would be even better if he came bearing certain small gifts such as a lump of coal, a silver coin, a bit of bread, a sprig of evergreen, and some salt.

Blonde and redhead first footers bring bad luck, and female first footers should be shooed away before they bring disaster down on the household.

First Footing: The first footer should knock and be let in rather than just using a key. After greeting those in the house and dropping off whatever small tokens of luck he has brought with him, he should make his way through the house and leave by a different door than the one through which he entered.

No one should leave the premises before the first footer arrives -- the first traffic across the threshold must be headed in rather than striking out. First footers must not be cross-eyed or have flat feet or eyebrows that meet in the middle Squint-eyed, flat-footed, or red-haired men bring bad luck If they are first-footers, and so does a woman. But a man with a high instep, or one who comes on a horse, is considered particularly lucky.

Good and Bad NEW YEAR OMENS

New Years Good & Bad Luck

Empty pockets or empty cupboards on New Years Eve portend a year of poverty

If the first person to cross the threshold of a house after midnight on New Years is a dark-haird man and he carries a shovel full of coal, then a year of good luck will follow.

Its bad luck to let a fire go out on New Year's Eve.

You could ensure yourself good fortune by draining the last dregs from a bottle of drink on New Years!

The Weather: If the wind blows from the south, there will be fine weather and prosperous times in the year ahead.

If it comes from the north, it will be a year of bad weather.

The wind blowing from the east brings famine and calamities.

If the wind blows from the west, the year will witness plentiful supplies of milk and fish but will also see the death of a very important person.

If there's no wind at all, a joyful and prosperous year may be expected by all.

Loud Noise: Make as much noise as possible at midnight to scare away evil spirits.

Letting the Old Year Out:

At midnight, all the doors of a house must be opened to let the old year escape unimpeded. He must leave before the New Year can come in, says popular wisdom, so doors are flung open to assist him in finding his way out.

To dance in the open air, especially round a tree, on New Year's Day is declared to ensure luck in love and prosperity and freedom from ill health during the coming twelve months.

Children born on New Year's Day bring great fortune and prosperity to all the household.

On New Year's Day if, on rising, a girl should look out of her bedroom window and see a man passing by, she may reckon to be married before the year is finished.

Clocks should be wound up immediately the New Year begins in order to endow the house with good fortune.

All daily cleaning and dusting should be completed early in the day of December 31 in order to avoid the danger of sweeping good luck from the house.

Breakage: Avoid breaking things on that first day lest wreckage be part of your year.

Also, avoid crying on the first day of the year lest that activity set the tone for the next twelve months Money:

Do not pay back loans or lend money or other precious items on New Year's Day. To do so is to guarantee you'll be paying out all year.

New Clothes: Wear something new on January 1 to increase the likelihood of your receiving more new garments during the year to follow.

Work: Make sure to do -- and be successful at -- something related to your work on the first day of the year, even if you don't go near your place of employment that day. Limit your activity to a

token amount, though, because to engage in a serious work project on that day is very unlucky.

Black-Eyes Peas: A tradition common to the Southern part of the United States says that the eating of black-eyed peas on New Year's Day will attract both general good luck and money in particular to the one doing the dining

A person who lives alone might place a lucky item or two in a basket that has a string tied to it, and then place the basket just outside the front door before midnight.

After midnight, the lone celebrant hauls in his catch, being careful to bring the item across the doorjamb by pulling the string rather than by reaching out to retrieve it and thus breaking the plane of the threshold.

Nothing Goes Out: Nothing -- absolutely nothing, not even garbage -- is to leave the house on the first day of the year. If you have presents to deliver on New Year's Day, leave them in the car overnight.

Don't so much as shake out a rug or take the empties to the recycle bin. Some people soften this rule by saying it's okay to remove things from the home on New Year's Day, provided that something else has been brought in first. Just as the clock strikes twelve the head of the house should open the door in order to allow the Old Year to pass out and the New Year to come in. Kissing at midnight: To ensure that those affections and ties will continue throughout the next twelve months. To not do this would be to set the stage for a year of coldness.

Stocking Up: The New Year must not be seen in with bare cupboards, lest that be the way of things for the year. Larders must be topped up and plenty of money must be placed in every wallet in the place to guarantee a prosperous year.

Paying Off Bills: The new year should not be begun with the household in debt, so checks should be written and mailed off prior to January 1st. Likewise, personal debts should be settled before the New Year arrives.

First Footing: The first person to enter your home after the stroke of midnight will influence the year you're about to have. Ideally, he should be dark-haired, tall, and good-looking, and it would be even better if he came bearing certain small gifts such as a lump of coal, a silver coin, a bit of bread, a sprig of evergreen, and some salt.

Blonde and redhead first footers bring bad luck, and female first footers should be shooed away before they bring disaster down on the household.

First Footing: The first footer should knock and be let in rather than just using a key. After greeting those in the house and dropping off whatever small tokens of luck he has brought with him, he should make his way through the house and leave by a different door than the one through which he entered.

No one should leave the premises before the first footer arrives -- the first traffic across the threshold must be headed in rather than striking out. First footers must not be cross-eyed or have flat feet or eyebrows that meet in the middle Squint-eyed, flat-footed, or red-haired men bring bad luck If they are first-footers, and so does a woman. But a man with a high instep, or one who comes on a horse, is considered particularly lucky.

http://www.randomw4nk.com

Bad news been announced concerning main source of Streams for matches. Due to new laws taking effect tomorrow. WIZIWIG has closed.

The good news is they intend to provide links at the following new site

http://www.getyourfixtures.com/

Bollards. Are there any other aggregate sites that people use to find footy streams? Preferably ones that aren't completely infested with scummy bloatware.

F

Finally someone who is seeing the same as I. And it's not only the last three games. He lost the ball which led to City's second goal and he was poor at Arsenal's goal e.g. I think he he's overrated considering the amount of praises he gets especially compared to the amount of stick Yoshida gets. Think they've performed at the same level. You can clearly see Davis isn't up there when the big guns like Chelsea and City come to play us. And he is for me annoying with his back-passes and has been lucky we haven't conceeded more goals due to his passes which put his team-mates in difficult positions. Yes he have his moments but outstanding? Come on he has profited on the performance of the whole team. And how is the quality of his corners been compared to the few corners JWP have taken? In one word, poor. Yes he is a very good squad player but if we are to take another step towards top 4 we need another calibre in that position imo.[/quote

Not this ! Or I'm not watching the last few games in the same universe

Appears Morgan was at training today and not in France as I earlier presumed when some poster posted he was seen heading for London after the Chelsea game.

Don't see why he wouldn't be at training, game on Saturday isn't there, he'll probably get to captain a rejuvenated side as he hasn't played much of late. Probably went to London to pick up his folks or something, think his mum still works in an old folks place and his dad has his business meaning they only get a certain amount of time off.

We have a terrible record with the first fixture of a new year. Our last win was 12 years ago when we beat another North London side, Spurs 1-0, with a James Beattie goal. This still remains our only win at St Mary's on our New Years game in the league..... Happy New Year today though... Yes!

We have a terrible record with the first fixture of a new year. Our last win was 12 years ago when we beat another North London side, Spurs 1-0, with a James Beattie goal. This still remains our only win at St Mary's on our New Years game in the league..... Happy New Year today though... Yes!

I've given up predicting.... this is a Koeman side! I'm sure we can win today.

That's the past

What about 2011? Beat Exeter 4-0. 2006? Brighton 2-1.

**** it, this is our time, most important game we've ever had in the premier league, this game defines everything about this season

I have seen some pretty important games down the bottom. West Ham, Wimbeldon away and Everton/Villa home spring to mind.