Tonny Vilhena

Pierre

Raiola isn't his agent anymore. Vilhena stopped working with him after he made a few bad comments about moving him on from Feyenoord.

His agents are now at the Stellar Group in England (same agency that moved Bale to Real Madrid).

Feyenoord have rejected a first bid btw. Saints have forwarded an improved second offer. No reports on the number that has been offered.

Interesting thanks.

As the club were prepared to keep Cork if he would accept the offer, this has had to be in the hands of the player so that a firm offer for Vilhena couldn't be made until the Cork deal was signed. As it is, I think we can assume he will be a Saints' player within the deadline because we know from bitter experience that if a player wants to move it's hard for the selling club to stop it. Even if Vilhena isn't guaranteed a starting place here, the Prem will be seen as a step up so he's probably keen on the move as well as the link with Koeman.

I think Vilhena is still a great talent who under the right guidance will become an excellent player. I thought he had a great season last season for a 18/19 year old. Ofcourse due to his age he showed some inconsistence, but at the same time so much promise. And 6 goals and 7 assists was very good for someone that age and in the position he played. He also ended up being part of the preliminary Dutch World Cup squad of 30 players, but didn't make the final cut, and was nominated for the golden boy award for Europe's biggest talent.

Anyone know what his wages are like? Hopefully we could get him and Djuricic for the £40k a week we offered Jack....

From what I remember Vilhena currently makes about 600k euro on a yearly basis. As for the situation at Feyenoord that has been mentioned before. Our main objective is to finish second to qualify for the Champions League qualifiaction rounds. We were late with replacing some vital players that left this summer (Pelle, Janmaat, de Vrij, Martins Indi) which resulted in losing the first 3 matches of the season. And later in the season we dominated against Ajax and PSV but lost despite having way more chances. That means that we're chanceless to win the title, but still very well in the race to finish second. And even though Vilhena isn't playing right now, he'll be hard to replace.

Anyone know what his wages are like? Hopefully we could get him and Djuricic for the £40k a week we offered Jack....

Vilhena shouldn't be on more than 500k euros a year currently, so I imagine £20k a week would probably seal the deal yes.

Is he any good? Compared to Cork? Lot to live up to there, and serious work to displace Morgan, Wanyama and Reed.

Based on what I've read and the feyanoord gents can correct me he is more of a steven davis type player who Koeman pushed into the tip of the diamond but he can also sit back in midfield and do the DM role if asked. Based on his goals and assists in the Koeman season I'd say AM would be a better role but again interested to hear from our dutch friends.

Is he any good? Compared to Cork? Lot to live up to there, and serious work to displace Morgan, Wanyama and Reed.

Based on what I've read and the feyanoord gents can correct me he is more of a steven davis type player who Koeman pushed into the tip of the diamond but he can also sit back in midfield and do the DM role if asked. Based on his goals and assists in the Koeman season I'd say AM would be a better role but again interested to hear from our dutch friends.
Reading between the lines he doesn't sound as much of a consistent finished article as Cork, but seems to have the potential to go on to be top quality and a step above. Not really a direct like for like replacement of Cork anyway I guess.

Reading between the lines he doesn't sound as much of a consistent finished article as Cork, but seems to have the potential to go on to be top quality and a step above. Not really a direct like for like replacement of Cork anyway I guess.

Yeah my thoughts as well, he can cover 2 roles and is an added goal threat, I know Jack had finally scored this season but that was just probability working in his favour, its next target is JWP.

I like these Feyanoord guys, keep posting as you know more than anyone on here about the Eredevisie so always good points of reference.

I've been following Koeman with more interest since he was our coach at Ajax (dec 2001 - feb 2005) when I was working as a steward at the Amsterdam ArenA. I know Feyenoord and Ajax supporters aren't supposed to get along, but perhaps in supporting Southampton we can find a common interest. ;)

Another Feyenoord guy reporting in, haha. Been following Saints since the Pelle/Koeman move. I think both clubs have some intrinsic similarities, especially concerning the loyal fans and the great youth academy. Would be cool to see a friendly next summer. I generally quite like the style of play in the BPL, pace is much higher than in the Eredivisie. Also, the ball oftencycles smoothly even when put under pressure. Sometimes it can be a disappointment going from Saturday BPL to Sunday Eredivisie. :o

Anyway, concerning Vilhena... When he made his debut for us, he was a big prospect. Unfortunately, last season he kind of stalled in his development. This season, he just does not fit in the style of play that manager Fred Rutten aims for, so he barely gets to play any match. If Koeman gets him going again, he could be a good addition to Saints.

Feyenoord uses a midfield of Immers-El Ahmadi-Clasie. All these three players apply pressure constantly, Vilhena does this less. Vilhena's technique is of course better than for instance Immers, but Feyenoord just uses an all-engine midfield to apply high pressure on every opponent. On top of that, Jens Toornstra currently playing at a sort of RM/RF position could be used to replace one of the three midfielders if needed, leaving Vilhena on the bench again.

I understand his wish to leave, and it would not surprise me when he starts playing again he is pretty good. However, Vilhena needs to learn two things: 1. No slacking! 2. You have a right foot, use it!

If I were Ronald, I would save the money and get Clasie this summer. I think Clasie is a far better addition to Saints despite his height. Just team him up with Wanyama and you'll be fine. Last week he completely destroyed the midfield of Ajax. I recommend to watch this, gives a pretty good impression:

Vilhena shouldn't be on more than 500k euros a year currently, so I imagine £20k a week would probably seal the deal yes.

Vilhena is definitely not earning more than 500k Euro's at Feyenoord indeed. Most players that moved on from Feyenoord last year (De Vrij, Martins Indi and Janmaat) are currently earning between 1,3 and 1,7 million Euro's. They were a lot more established ofcourse with a good World Cup showing so it would surprise me if Saints offered him more than 900k Euro's in wages.

The first offer that Saints made was between 2,5 and 3 million Euro's which is quite embarassing. Should be some more news after the Feyenoord match tomorrow (starts 11:30 UK time) as Southampton have made a 2nd bid.

Vilhena is definitely not earning more than 500k Euro's at Feyenoord indeed. Most players that moved on from Feyenoord last year (De Vrij, Martins Indi and Janmaat) are currently earning between 1,3 and 1,7 million Euro's. They were a lot more established ofcourse with a good World Cup showing so it would surprise me if Saints offered him more than 900k Euro's in wages.

The first offer that Saints made was between 2,5 and 3 million Euro's which is quite embarassing. Should be some more news after the Feyenoord match tomorrow (starts 11:30 UK time) as Southampton have made a 2nd bid.

I would not pay more than 4 million pounds for Vilhena actually. Nonetheless, Feyenoord will not accept that. Could just end in a stalemate to be fair, which I think would be better for Saints. Vilhena is a far bigger gamble than Clasie.

I would not pay more than 4 million pounds for Vilhena actually. Nonetheless, Feyenoord will not accept that. Could just end in a stalemate to be fair, which I think would be better for Saints. Vilhena is a far bigger gamble than Clasie.

I think Feyenoord would accept 4 million pounds. Maybe not this transfer window if they cannot sign a replacement but they'll surely accept that in the summer.

If I were Ronald, I would save the money and get Clasie this summer. I think Clasie is a far better addition to Saints despite his height. Just team him up with Wanyama and you'll be fine. Last week he completely destroyed the midfield of Ajax. I recommend to watch this, gives a pretty good impression:

He's absolute quality.

Too the dutch fans on here

giphy.gif

You plan to steal all of their money? That's not very nice after all the great insights they've given us. :p

Without wanting to sound patronising, am I the only one seriously impressed with the quality of the written English of our Dutch friends? They put some of us to natives to shame (and all of the natives 20 miles to the east). :thumbup:

Most Saints fans on here, including me, spend a lot of emotion hoping L'pool lose every match and that L, L and L don't succeed. I want to beat them and end above them more than anything this season. So it amazes me that all these Dutch friends are so nice to us and seem to wish us well, thanks guys, you make me feel I want to support your lot and I hope you do well in spite of us raiding your manager and players. football is dog eat dog, horrible attitudes really. COYR and Feyenoord

Most Saints fans on here, including me, spend a lot of emotion hoping L'pool lose every match and that L, L and L don't succeed. I want to beat them and end above them more than anything this season. So it amazes me that all these Dutch friends are so nice to us and seem to wish us well, thanks guys, you make me feel I want to support your lot and I hope you do well in spite of us raiding your manager and players. football is dog eat dog, horrible attitudes really. COYR and Feyenoord

I think it'd be a little bit different if, say, Pelle had moved from Feyenoord to Ajax.

The Dutch are generally quite a knowledgable, chilled out nation of people. As opposed to saints fans on here who are generally whinging, moaning bellends with a persecution complex.

Watching the game and Den Haag can't defend for ****. Am impressed by Van Beek the centre back, he reminds me of Toby in the way he can spray 40yard passes from deep in his half. I don't know what Feyenoord did with the pelle money but Colin Kazim Richards is a donkey, they could of got someone better surely.

On Clasie watch and he's had his feet stamped on about 5 times so far, he seems to be playing the wanayama role for them and immers further up.

Vilehna still on the bench.

2-0 to Feyenoord coming up to half time.

Edited by Convict Colony

They are talking about Vilhena coming to us and according to Fred Rutten the coach he is going nowhere in this window unless he gets a replacement in.

Commentators saying they think he could struggle with the pace of the EPL and to fill in for Cork but note that Koeman used him more as a 2nd centre forward, attacking midfielder when he played him so maybe not a like for like.

If he is an AM and Djuricic is an AM then are we going for either or rather than both of them ?

If Koeman rates him I say pay the 5 mil, he was one of the most highly touted teenagers a couple of years ago and was in the 30 squad for the world cup before missing out last year.

If Koeman rates him I say pay the 5 mil, he was one of the most highly touted teenagers a couple of years ago and was in the 30 squad for the world cup before missing out last year.

He will know how much potential the lad has and I am sure the club will trust him but a tough deal to get done in the last 2 days of a window.

If he isnt someone thats going to come and boost the team right now a great deal then its not a huge issue if we wait til the summer.

Especially as it looks like Djuricic is signing, although you wonder if he really do want both, and basically have him lined up in the case of not being able to get Vilhena.

Otherwise would have Davis, JWP, Vilhena and Djuricic essentially playing for one (two at a push) starting places.