Toby

washsaint

I'm still feeling quietly confident on this one..

The only way I see Toby going to Spurs is if we don't match Athletico Madrid's valuation (very unlikely) or that we can't match his wage demands/Spurs wage offer (possible). Toby and RK have said that he would like to return to Saints and I believe them.

I'm still feeling quietly confident on this one..

The only way I see Toby going to Spurs is if we don't match Athletico Madrid's valuation (very unlikely) or that we can't match his wage demands/Spurs wage offer (possible). Toby and RK have said that he would like to return to Saints and I believe them.

Same

The Spurs stuff is a little too noisy for me.

It could well be that we could match any fee Spurs are willing to pay, but not the wages offered. That's always going to be a problem for a club our size.

unless spurs pay him £70k a week or more...which is possible. then we could match it, surely

Toby and RK have said that he would like to return to Saints and I believe them.

Whilst that is true, it doesn't mean that he wouldn't also be keen to join Spurs. He can be happy to play for more than one club and Spurs has quite a lot of positives too, not least that they have actually put the cash up for him and have shown how much they want him.

Spurs will pay Toby more than we will unfortunately so depends by how much and if Toby views it as a monetary decision. Just got to hope koeman can work his magic.

Loldado and Adebayor are close to 100k a week and they are looking to offload both this summer,paying Toby more will be no problem at all

that would be horrendous for saints. well within our price range.

lets see. but a LOT of noises about him going to spurs

who else have we be linked with who appears quite good?

My God, are people really getting confused about this? The transfer fee is but one factor. What is the signing on fee and wage that Spurs and Saints are offering? In all this it is being portrayed that Toby wants to come here rather than Spurs, but if the offer is the same to AM from both clubs, then it is down to Toby to decide. Making platitudes towards us is very easy, and can be very hollow.

How reliable is this bloke? Seems to be wrong more often than note. Says agreed a few Toby might turn it down!

Di Marzio is pretty reliable / good from what i've seen in the past, not prone to ridiculous made up stuff.

ION. Usually (but not always) the fee is agreed after the player has said he is happy with the club and the wages.

I personally don't think its the fee that is the problem. I think Tobys agent has very high aspirations for Tobys wages, and we might well have been asked for a six figure weekly salary, making Toby cost us £12M fee plus say £20M over 4 years ( assume c £110kpw) meaning its a £32M purchase/Investment will very little resale value at the end wen he is c 32+ years old - £1m for each of his years~ how apt. Its is last big contract probably. So its understandable.

If we did buy Toby BUT did not make CL next year i suppose we could sell and get the money back (assuming he stays injury free and plays well/no dramatic loss of form) again) so from that pov such a big investment might still be sanctioned. But its still a big spend. The justification can only be the maintenance of EPL status (and EPL ££) which our back four/five including him should guarantee. That's it in a nutshell.

That we are in the market at such big price tag levels shows how far we've come. It does look not good with Toby and Spurs now that's true but put it this way~ IF we sign Toby it will be probably break our total cost over course of contract biggest transfer fee....and if its not Toby it will very likely be someone else...so stay tuned and stay positive!

Di Marzio is pretty reliable / good from what i've seen in the past, not prone to ridiculous made up stuff.

ION. Usually (but not always) the fee is agreed after the player has said he is happy with the club and the wages.

I personally don't think its the fee that is the problem. I think Tobys agent has very high aspirations for Tobys wages, and we might well have been asked for a six figure weekly salary, making Toby cost us £12M fee plus say £20M over 4 years ( assume c £110kpw) meaning its a £32M purchase/Investment will very little resale value at the end wen he is c 32+ years old - £1m for each of his years~ how apt. Its is last big contract probably. So its understandable.

If we did buy Toby BUT did not make CL next year i suppose we could sell and get the money back (assuming he stays injury free and plays well/no dramatic loss of form) again) so from that pov such a big investment might still be sanctioned. But its still a big spend. The justification can only be the maintenance of EPL status (and EPL ££) which our back four/five including him should guarantee. That's it in a nutshell.

That we are in the market at such big price tag levels shows how far we've come. It does look not good with Toby and Spurs now that's true but put it this way~ IF we sign Toby it will be probably break our total cost over course of contract biggest transfer fee....and if its not Toby it will very likely be someone else...so stay tuned and stay positive!

Very well put!

Most of this makes good sense, but Toby is 26, not 28, so he would probably have more resale value at 30, which is not old for a CB.

Loldado and Adebayor are close to 100k a week and they are looking to offload both this summer,paying Toby more will be no problem at all

It might be a problem if they can't offload two players earning nearly £1000, 000 a week.

And there might well be others earning close to that amount.

Spurs have got a huge squad, and are carrying a lot of dead wood which they need to shift.

I'm mot sure (and going by what other people have told me) that Spurs have a lot of ready-to-hand cash.

They have to decide whether they want to blow most of that on one player (Toby) at the risk of losing other targets.

I still think it's come down to how any club pays the fee up front for Toby.

Spurs have finally sorted it out so it now up to us to match it or better it by putting in the full 100% instead of laying down 70% like Spurs perhaps.

Then it's down to the player and who he wants to join. My guess is who pays him the most wages IMHO.

Saints have been given a new valuation by Atletico's Cerezo Torres of €16m. Two members of staff are heading out to Spain to attempt to finalise the deal.

Saints are very unhappy at how Atleti have played this but won't say anything to damage relations.

Saints have been given a new valuation by Atletico's Cerezo Torres of €16m. Two members of staff are heading out to Spain to attempt to finalise the deal.

Saints are very unhappy at how Atleti have played this but won't say anything to damage relations.

So around £11.4m take off the £1.5 they paid us and we pay £9.9m

Get it done

If anyone can get this done. les can

Thanks Monk.

Cheers Monk. Kind of how I've felt this is panning out, there is some dirty play going on here. The constant leak of Spurs specifics is suspicious to say the least. Atletcio are playing games, not just us, but with Toby as well.

Worrying now. Last summer we only lost one primary defender. This summer we are about to lose 2 and our principle defensive midfielder. BOTH TO RIVALS. That said- Toby's not gone yet!

I hope we have a plan. Shame we haven't yet reached the boardroom mentality of buying who we want first then selling on. But we shall see what happens. At the moment it's feeling like last summer again. One bad news story after another.

Still, keep the faith. After getting lucky last summer I am prepared to give Ralf and Les the benefit of the doubt. After all you create your own luck... Let's see what we can bring in. COYRs!

(at least we have a real kit this season!) :)

Edited by SaintRobbie

Worrying now. Last summer we only lost one primary defender. This summer we are about to lose 2 and our principle defensive midfielder. BOTH TO RIVALS. That said- Toby's not gone yet!

I hope we have a plan. Shame we haven't yet reached the boardroom mentality of buying who we want first then selling on. But we shall see what happens. At the moment it's feeling like last summer again. One bad news story after another.

Still, keep the faith. After getting lucky last summer I am prepared to give Ralf and Les the benefit of the doubt. After all you create your own luck... Let's see what we can bring in. COYRs!

It doesn't feel anything like last summer what so ever, this is just wet trash.

What are you on about re: boardroom mentality of buying who went/then selling? Were you asleep during the Cedric transfer? And what some people seem to be missing, Toby was NEVER our player. He was never owned by us. We borrowed him for a year, so I'm not quite sure how we can plan to replace a loan before he's gone. Plus I think we're still pretty optimistic we'll get him.

Enough of this OTT trash please, as the usual culprits will clutch onto this as it's what they're waiting for. Great ammunition.

Same Belgian journo on twitter says Spurs agreement close snd expects to be final tommorow.

Dissapointing if true. Saints really should stump up the cash on this occassion. We have been plenty frugal since Cortese left, surely there is money to spend.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The way Koeman was talking it was dealing with Atletico that was the issue, not anything with Toby.

He can only sign for a team that has an offer accepted and right now that is Spurs.

Source for Spurs offer accepted? Atletico can only sell him to a club that he agrees to sign for.

Same Belgian journo on twitter says Spurs agreement close snd expects to be final tommorow.

Dissapointing if true. Saints really should stump up the cash on this occassion. We have been plenty frugal since Cortese left, surely there is money to spend.

You're about 14 hrs behind. And I'm not sure how you can say we've been frugal.

Sod it, more Osvaldo's and Gaston's for me!!!!

You're about 14 hrs behind. And I'm not sure how you can say we've been frugal.

Sod it, more Osvaldo's and Gaston's for me!!!!

Its from 34 minutes ago mate.

We dont need to be profligate but we need to put our money down for tried and tested class.

Toby is just that.

Right on cue, the emergence of one of the principal bed-wetters of last summer, who having had had egg splattered all over his face, learned nothing.

You didn't think that we had a plan last season either, so feel free to jump to premature conclusions based on very little evidence once more. I'll wait and see what pans out and make my judgement based firstly on who we sign as replacements for any who leave and secondly having allowed them some time playing for us before making judgements as to their abilities.

By the way, it is very big of you to give Les and Ralph the benefit of the doubt. They will be so happy to hear that you are not going to condemn them out of hand.

Its from 34 minutes ago mate.

We dont need to be profligate but we need to put our money down for tried and tested class.

Toby is just that.

You're simply assuming we aren't. Let's not start wetting the bed before there's anything to wet it over.

Right on cue, the emergence of one of the principal bed-wetters of last summer, who having had had egg splattered all over his face, learned nothing.

You didn't think that we had a plan last season either, so feel free to jump to premature conclusions based on very little evidence once more. I'll wait and see what pans out and make my judgement based firstly on who we sign as replacements for any who leave and secondly having allowed them some time playing for us before making judgements as to their abilities.

By the way, it is very big of you to give Les and Ralph the benefit of the doubt. They will be so happy to hear that you are not going to condemn them out of hand.

Shame no one else is allowed an opinion - same old Wes - no one else's thoughts matter.

Actually I remember watching saints lose to Charlton in the championship a few years back wondering if I'd even have a club to support the following season. No matter what I want this club run sustainably and well I do not want the club to try and compete with the big boys on wages and fees if we can't afford to. Expectations are sky high among saints fans these days and we've done so well since the take over but cast your mind back to pre takeover and how you felt.........I'll take frugal (if you can even call our spending the last few years that) every day thanks.

Actually I remember watching saints lose to Charlton in the championship a few years back wondering if I'd even have a club to support the following season. No matter what I want this club run sustainably and well I do not want the club to try and compete with the big boys on wages and fees if we can't afford to. Expectations are sky high among saints fans these days and we've done so well since the take over but cast your mind back to pre takeover and how you felt.........I'll take frugal (if you can even call our spending the last few years that) every day thanks.

Sadly if you want top players you need to pay top wages. With the new tv deals even the team that finishes last will get £100m. So of course we need to live within our means but £10m in the grad scheme of things is pocket change to PL clubs now.

First one of these of the summer...... Look where we were a few years back

Serious question

Did any of them actually say they were "done deals"?

As close to. ''Morgan set for Utd medical'' ''Transfer to be done this week'' ''Fee agreed between clubs''

This part of the transfer window is the most tedious, as there's very little else going on, this gets all the attention and every single bit of info that is leaked is magnified. Bring on August.