Toby

washsaint

There has been years of bad decisions by Soton City Council planners. When the big cruise ships arrive people are offered trips to different areas, you cannot walk from a cruise terminal into the town it's just too far. Unfortunately the planners are still making crap mistakes IKEA? Saints at home, nightmare to leave town. No main attraction in Southampton like the Spinnaker tower and its shopping area, restaurants which overlook the boats coming in etc.

The footballers seem to like it around Winchester, Romsey and Whiteley? Don't any of them have gin palaces?

12m euros is £8.5m. Would have thought they'd want to hold out for more, but it'd be excellent business at that price. Was expecting him to cost £12-£13m at least.

Internet translation:

CALCIOMERCATO SOUTHAMPTON TOTTENHAM Alderweireld -

And 'English war for Toby A lderweireld. The defender born in 1989, property of 'Atletico Madrid is bound to leave the Colchoneros to return to the Premier League. Tottenham and Southampton at the time they would be battling to make sure the performance of the Belgian school Ajax defender but according to the latest rumors collected in exclusive by our editorial staff, the Southampton would be in advantage over the Spurs to make the tag A lderweireld.

The INTERMEDIARY - Tottenham seemed to be in the lead but in the last hours the Southampton has brought great benefit and could close the transaction shortly. Here is the comment of one of the brokers of the deal, Richard Svanera: "It looked like had to go to Tottenham, the last hours instead Southampton went in strong advantage. Figures? Around 12 million euro. "

Now footballers are paid such unbelievable amounts of money the local area is pretty irrelevant (accept for London ) . They'll be able to live in a fantastic area in a fantastic house within travelling distance of any club . Southampton and surrounding area was an attraction when they still had to be a little bit careful with their money.

I've lived in many pleasant parts of the country, and South Hampshire where I was brought up still has it all as far as I'm concerned.

Beautiful countryside, excellent climate, New Forest, the Solent for sailing.

Winchester which is where I was brought up seems now to be one of the most fashionable places to live, and is easily accessible to 'The Slagheap of the South Midlands' (which is what we used to call London), if you wish to go there.

It also contains Southampton Football Club.

What more could one want except perhaps Yorkshire CCC?

If my children weren't in stable jobs here I'd return like a shot!

http://news.bwin.com/en/football-betting/premier-league/alderweireld-smokescreen-in-place-as-wary-spurs-chase-budget-schneiderlin,79352.html Are spurs really in for him, they have 6 centre backs on the books at moment on first team wages and none of them have gone yet.

They've already signed Wimmer and have Jan Vertonghen, Federico Fazio, Vlad Chiriches,Younes Kaboul and Eric Dier

I really can't see them signing Toby unless they're close to selling 2 others and even then they'd have 5 with Toby.

Edited by Saint IQ

http://news.bwin.com/en/football-betting/premier-league/alderweireld-smokescreen-in-place-as-wary-spurs-chase-budget-schneiderlin,79352.html Are spurs really in for him, they have 6 centre backs on there books at moment on first team wages and none of them have gone yet.

They've already signed Wimmer and have Jan Vertonghen, Federico Fazio, Vlad Chiriches,Younes Kaboul and Eric Dier

I really can't see them signing Toby unless they're close to selling 2 others and even then they'd have 5 with Toby.

From what I've read, Spurs are looking for a DM rather than a CB and are looking at him as an option. Obviously he could easily play at CB ahead of most their current CB's anyway because he is better.

http://news.bwin.com/en/football-betting/premier-league/alderweireld-smokescreen-in-place-as-wary-spurs-chase-budget-schneiderlin,79352.html Are spurs really in for him, they have 6 centre backs on the books at moment on first team wages and none of them have gone yet.

I could certainly see them being in for the midfielder that the article mentions - We know Poch team's revolve around the 2 screening midfielder's.

As far as Toby is concerned - He's better than pretty much all their current defenders. I would imagine they'd sell 2 of those centre-back's too.

From snippets I've read it seems that Spurs want to do cash+player exchange which will free up some of their dross but we're offering straight cash which Atletico prefers.

See my earlier post. Spurs squad is very overloaded and they are desperate to try and shift some of their dross on to clubs in part exchange. Trouble is, the players Spuds are trying to offload are on huge wages, and are not going to take pay cuts.

Allied to their desperation to offload players there is an extreme reluctance to pay cold, hard cash for players. From what I've heard from mates, Spurs don't have a big cash reserve to do deals with.

See my earlier post. Spurs squad is very overloaded and they are desperate to try and shift some of their dross on to clubs in part exchange. Trouble is, the players Spuds are trying to offload are on huge wages, and are not going to take pay cuts.

Allied to their desperation to offload players there is an extreme reluctance to pay cold, hard cash for players. From what I've heard from mates, Spurs don't have a big cash reserve to do deals with.

Bet Spurs wish Harry stayed @ QPR last season and kept them up. He'd have happily swooped for all the players Spurs want out :)

Atletico are a better side than Spurs. Why would they want some of their old sh1t in part exchange for Toby? Hoping this works in our favour!

Depends what you mean by old sh1t. Soldado has a proven track record in Spain and Lamela in Italy. They may not have been big hits at Spurs but I wouldn't rule out their players being in demand elsewhere.

Spurs tried to do this last summer. Get decent players, cheaply, with their players in exchange.

They clearly don't have much money to play with.

IIRC the only team in the PL to have had a negative nett spend on transfers in the past five years (ie sold more than they bought)

Twice to both last season alone, I've done many days and nights in both places with football and work.

Not one footballer is going to pick a club from either of those cities based on there being anything exceptional about those places. Only London would sway a player either way. And you can live in Winchester and be in London within the hour which does no harm.

Let's have all the players live in Winchester!!!! :)

12m euros is £8.5m. Would have thought they'd want to hold out for more, but it'd be excellent business at that price. Was expecting him to cost £12-£13m at least.

Internet translation:

Boom! €12M? I'll have some of that. Sign him up!!!! If its €12M to us, isn't it then €15M offer needed from the Spurs (compo payment)?

Skybet has moved us from 9-2 to 9-4 !!!

This could happen now.

Journo from the Sun:

@BFairthorne: Levy been in Spain today to try and conclude deal for Alderweireld. Southampton also interested, but Spurs remain in pole position.

Would Levy really need to go there personally?

Been reported a few times that he is. Not sure how essential it is to get the deal over the line but maybe we need to get Ralph out there ASAP.