Toby

washsaint

Some of the Spurs ''ITK'' people seem to think this is all agent bluff and they're not interested what so ever. They believe Wimmer was bought to compliment Jan Vertongan, Fazio, Dier

That's what it's looked like to me from day one, to be honest. Especially with the Chelsea 'swap' stuff. I think Atlectico are trying to the market, throwing his name out there and bouncing around crap to generate interest. When you think of the silly little bids Spurs are flying in for players, I wouldn't have expected them to be in a position to massively gazump us. And I just think Toby is a decent bloke. When he said he'd like to stay here, I think he's genuine. He didn't have to say that, but I genuinely believe that if we pay what Atletcio want...then he's ours (and once they've stopped playing games), as from what I understood from the pre-agreed stuff, we actually have a 4 year contract on the table for him as well. (That has to be agreed as part of the ''option to buy'' when the loan was made, apparently)

Do people think les read and the rest are a load of bumbling half bakes . " Why cant we bid the same as spurs" ect,ect. I've no doubt we've been in Toby's ear all season, explored the possibility of making the loan permanent in Jan ,and have tried to get the deal done early doors this summer. However, the cards are all in AM's favour and there's such a thing as flogging a dead horse.

Once he played well last season we were always going to struggle to get him back. Its pretty obvious that the 6 clubs that finished above us pay more money than us in wages. Why on earth would he turn down spurs and more money to play for us? If spurs want him they'll get him.

I'm going to take the approach I did when a chick dumped me, and tell my spurs supporting work colleagues that I'm glad he didn't sign for us and was over rated anyway.

A rather peculiar response to losing a girl friend.

We pulled in 82 million in income last year from TV rights alone. Then add in ticket sales & merchandising

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/jun/020615-premier-league-payments-to-clubs-in-season-2014-15.html

That does not include the nett income from Player Sales

Our wage bill in 2014 was 41 mil, again, I don't think anyone has seen any evidence of us doubling our salaries last year

So unless KL is taking cash out as debt reduction, 18 million is actually only a lot of money to us in fan land these days.

This coming season our TV revenues will increase further. Transfer payments are spread over a period anyway, most usually 3 years.

We have the cash available unless someone has a crazy conspiracy theory

Our total wage bill for the year ending 30/6/2014 was 63 million pounds. Your calculations are off. The club undoubtedly knows what it has to spend and it appears that it does not want to spend money it does not yet have.

Some of the Spurs ''ITK'' people seem to think this is all agent bluff and they're not interested what so ever. They believe Wimmer was bought to compliment Jan Vertongan, Fazio, Dier

yes but are these the same ITKers who said Morgan was going there as well as Jay Rod ?

yes but are these the same ITKers who said Morgan was going there as well as Jay Rod ?

Well, the same ITK's who said that they wre confident of getting Morgan. So who knows.

Positive of a good outcome on this one though.

Atlectio are just playing games with him I think. They seem him as an expensive potential make-weight in any deals they want to do, maybe.

Totally out of order on Toby though if that's the case.

That is what is happening. As I said before with Spurs, they are nowhere near a deal and from what I've heard Toby isn't interested. Sounds like Atletico are just ****ing around. I hope this gets sorted soon because we still need another 3-4 players to have a decent squad to cope with the Europa League.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

We still know very few facts so can only go on gut feelings.

I still think we are most likely to sign him.

A year ago, Toby was keen to sign for us despite other offers.

We were at that time widely tipped for relegation.

He said that when Koeman is personally calling you and saying he wants you in his team you can only say yes.

After the year he had, the overachieving, his partnership with Fonte etc I can only imagine he will be keener.

We had agreed a fee for established player and salary so after this season I can't imagine we would be suddenly too small or poor for this signing.

We still know very few facts so can only go on gut feelings.

I still think we are most likely to sign him.

A year ago, Toby was keen to sign for us despite other offers.

We were at that time widely tipped for relegation.

He said that when Koeman is personally calling you and saying he wants you in his team you can only say yes.

After the year he had, the overachieving, his partnership with Fonte etc I can only imagine he will be keener.

We had agreed a fee for established player and salary so after this season I can't imagine we would be suddenly too small or poor for this signing.

Spot on. Throw in the fact that (unlike NC or MS) he has already been at a "big" club, in CL competition etc, and that did not work out for him. He wants to play regularly

Spot on. Throw in the fact that (unlike NC or MS) he has already been at a "big" club, in CL competition etc, and that did not work out for him. He wants to play regularly

so how does that exclude Tottenham, he's said himself that he wouldn't mind playing with Vertonghen again.

If they bid more than us he'll go there I expect.

That's what it's looked like to me from day one, to be honest. Especially with the Chelsea 'swap' stuff. I think Atlectico are trying to the market, throwing his name out there and bouncing around crap to generate interest. When you think of the silly little bids Spurs are flying in for players, I wouldn't have expected them to be in a position to massively gazump us. And I just think Toby is a decent bloke. When he said he'd like to stay here, I think he's genuine. He didn't have to say that, but I genuinely believe that if we pay what Atletcio want...then he's ours (and once they've stopped playing games), as from what I understood from the pre-agreed stuff, we actually have a 4 year contract on the table for him as well. (That has to be agreed as part of the ''option to buy'' when the loan was made, apparently)

Hasn't that option to buy clause been bought out by AM now? I thought we were back to square one and he is currently a Madrid player again?

Hasn't that option to buy clause been bought out by AM now? I thought we were back to square one and he is currently a Madrid player again?

No business in their right mind would make that payment to us while negotiations between parties are ongoing.

I would expect that payment only to be made if he joins another club.

No business in their right mind would make that payment to us while negotiations between parties are ongoing.

Not the deal at all, unless they sell him to us for the original price they owe us whatever sum it is, could be deducted from the transfer fee I suppose.We took on a salary way beyond our usual level, the extra payment was a sweetner to allow us to do that.

Edited by Window Cleaner

They had to pay the fee (which is the loan fee Saints paid in August) in order to stop Saints being able to buy him for £6.8m. So they have exercised that right.

It's an open playing field when it comes to signing Toby, the best way we should look at it is that we had him on loan for free for a season, excluding wages.

so how does that exclude Tottenham, he's said himself that he wouldn't mind playing with Vertonghen again.

If they bid more than us he'll go there I expect.

Where did I exclude spurs? I was adding to the long list of reasons why he signed on loan, which all still apply. He is apparently being touted to Chelsea and others by AM hence the relevance

If the price (for any buyer) is £14m then that is an absolute steal for a player of his quality and age.

I wonder if Atletico said he would be a start for them whether he would still want to leave for any PL side? They are a really top team.

then there should be far more takers than there seem to be, good CBs for not so much are few and far between.

If the price (for any buyer) is £14m then that is an absolute steal for a player of his quality and age.

I wonder if Atletico said he would be a start for them whether he would still want to leave for any PL side? They are a really top team.

Didn't he say he really enjoyed playing the PL and that the style played here suited his game. TBH he doesn't seem to have enjoyed it a Madrid so I think he take any decent Pl side who wanted him.

Didn't he say he really enjoyed playing the PL and that the style played here suited his game. TBH he doesn't seem to have enjoyed it a Madrid so I think he take any decent Pl side who wanted him.

He's said quite a few things, that he wanted to stay with Saints, that he wouldn't mind playing with Vertonghen, that his dad asked AM and was told that he was needed there next (this) season etc.

Above all he's always said one thing..that it's up to Atletico and no-one else.

I would be very disappointed if we did not match any bid up to £15m. it would really be a poor show by the club

we shall see

This. Especially given how much we splashed out on Long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/atletico-madrid/20150630/20658597003/el-tottenham-prepara-millones-de-euros-por-alderweireld.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Can anyone translate? Gaston? Juanmi?

Edit - thanks Google...

Tottenham Alderweireld approaches. A few days ago from the British press reported that Toby would have chosen to White Hart Lane club to play next season. In principle, just missing the agreement between the Spurs and Atletico Madrid. The English prepared an offer of 25 million euros for the player according to the British press, an irresistible offer for the mattress interests.

Both Southampton and Chelsea have fought for their recruitment in recent months after the great campaign that has been done in the Premier where he has played on loan at the 'Saints', but everything indicates that the Belgian central end up playing in the Tottenham . A club that coincide with some of his fellow Belgian team as Vertonghen, Dembelé or Chadli.

And that Atletico Madrid could be interested in selling the player at Chelsea to lower Luis Filipe around the banks of the Manzanares. But the player has elected to another set of London.

Although the Southampton are willing to fight for a player who has left a good feeling in his only season there. Coach Ronald Koeman promised to try his recruitment to the end. "We want to keep here to Alderweireld, but Atletico has not cooperated. It will not be easy, but I hope that Toby will stay, "he said in the Dutch press.

Edited by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

I wonder what the issue is with Atletico? Is it they are determined to use him as a makeweight in another deal? If Toby were to put his foot down and say he will only consider a move to Saints, I wonder what their stance would be? Is it Atletico simply not agreeing any fees to see how they can use him best either as part of a transfer or as a squad player.