Toby

washsaint

JWP's wages are way too low for a start, that kid's amaaaaaazing in FM15 (and totally overrated, just like all the England U21s always are).

Tbf they have lots of different methods and sources for wage deals which aren't just unabomber shut-in stinky bedroom crusty tissue kids' guesswork. I just don't know what they are.

Worst mixed metaphor ever.

Really? How much do you think he is on then?

His CA makes him the 15th best Saints player in the current FM15 database. 18th if you include Osvaldo, Ramirez and Boruc.

Is that unreasonable?

He might be talking about how good he becomes. He might also find the specific stats you gave him to function well within the role he gives JWP when player the club. Or maybe he just doesn't think much of JWP in real life.

I have been too busy to play FM this year (for the first time since I started with FM 2010) so I have no opinion.

I have already stated my case. It is that we had a better team than Spurs last season, even though they finished above us. Try and twist everything like you normally do if it amuses you, or rack your brains, such as they are, to defend your position that a higher league position necessarily equates always to a better team. I don't see you debating that, just as usual taking your normal supercilious position that because you say it, it must be fact. Nice of you to spare the time to respond to me but a pity that you have ignored everybody else who has expressed similar views, like Redslo for example.

And just to be clear, I am not offended by anything, not even your inane ramblings. After all, it is only a forum of opinions. I accept that you don't like mine and that I don't accept yours, nothing to get all worked up about, is it?

This is the internet. You have to take it more seriously.

Could I politely ask all the f*ckwits debating Spurs and Liverpool to do it somewhere else.

Thank you, c*nts.

Ok sounds good. I started the new thread.

Edited by Redslo

Toby. Alderweireld. Does anyone have any news on whether we may or may not sign him? I'm aware he could be on honeymoon. There's rumours he's said he'd like to sign for us or for Spurs? But I can't seem to find any updates in recent posts! Am I on the right thread??

Could I politely ask all the f*ckwits debating Spurs and Liverpool to do it somewhere else.

Thank you, c*nts.

Hey, a bit like what I said only more succinct.

Pretty handy that whoever bids, has to beat our bid by 1.5 million. Hopefully he chooses us, class player

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

A good position to be in. I know we can't compete with the clubs above us wages wise so it will be interesting to see if we can equal other bids and convince him it's the best thing for him.

Alderweireld wants to stay with Koeman

Toby Alderweireld sees a longer stay in the Premier League it down. The defender Atletico Madrid last season was rented by Southampton.

By Atlético Madrid rented Belgrade should probably go back to Spain, but he himself want to stay in the Premier League, he told British media front. "Southampton makes a lot of opportunity, because I know the club. They have always been good to me and I have helped them."

Koeman, according to the same British media a record sum of 18 million pounds (over 25 million) to lay down for the defender.

It's comments like that which make you think it's only a matter of time.

Right, time to get my Toby on my new shirt.

It's happening? Tim Koeman just retweeted the following: @telegraaf: Toby Alderweireld wil bij Koeman's Southampton blijven http://t.co/dj2ngFL8Qq http://t.co/OCKvzSJ3lN

Seems to be a rehash of the mirror story. Courtesy of google translate:

Toby Alderweireld sees a longer stay in the Premier League it down. The defender Atletico Madrid last season was rented by Southampton.

By Atlético Madrid rented Belgrade should probably go back to Spain, but he himself want to stay in the Premier League, he told British media front. "Southampton makes a lot of opportunity, because I know the club. They have always been good to me and I have helped them."

Koeman, according to the same British media a record sum of 18 million pounds (over 25 million) to lay down for the defender.

From what I know from a good contact, the player is happy to join us. Athletico are playing very hard ball and we haven't met in the middle yet.

AM are doing exactly what we did to Liverpool last year. My gut feel is he will join as I don't think Spurs will spend £15m on him.

From what I know from a good contact, the player is happy to join us. Athletico are playing very hard ball and we haven't met in the middle yet.

AM are doing exactly what we did to Liverpool last year. My gut feel is he will join as I don't think Spurs will spend £15m on him.

Good news but completely uncalled for. Fleecing other teams is what we do; get your own angle Atletico.

If we sign Toby, Austin and two keepers this summer with only Clyne and Schneiderlin out it'll officially be the GOAT transfer window. Got a feeling £18mill would eat into any money for a striker though which should be priority.

Why............ we have enough already.

Because Pelle is garbage and we've got zero cover for him. If we could sign either Austin or Toby id take Austin any day, it's not hard to find good centre backs

Why is this skate troll not put down? if he is garbage then you don't need cover do you you muppet? You are suggesting we should buy an even worse player to be back up for our "garbage" first teamer. ****ing moron. Why the hell are you not at least banned from ever escaping that sh1te whole down the road (be it psychically or from reaching out via the marvellous invention of the internet)... pathetic bell end if ever i saw one. God knows why trolls like you don't just get banned.

Its not like having Mane, Tadic, Pelle, Jayrod, Long, Juanmi, Gallagher in the 3 attacking positions is enough is it :mcinnes: :lol: what an egit.

Why is this skate troll not put down? if he is garbage then you don't need cover do you you muppet? You are suggesting we should buy an even worse player to be back up for our "garbage" first teamer. ****ing moron. Why the hell are you not at least banned from ever escaping that sh1te whole down the road (be it psychically or from reaching out via the marvellous invention of the internet)... pathetic bell end if ever i saw one. God knows why trolls like you don't just get banned.

Its not like having Mane, Tadic, Pelle, Jayrod, Long, Juanmi, Gallagher in the 3 attacking positions is enough is it :mcinnes: :lol: what an egit.

You sound like a chimp that's just been prodded with a stick dude, sit your excitable ass down.

If he is a troll, he is laying down bait. If you know he is a troll, why are you taking the bait?

There's just so much wrong with this statement I don't know where to start

start with 'pelle is garbage'. Then tackle the whole 'zero cover' statement.

Next, challenge the remark about Austin being a better signing than Toby.

Lastly, deal with the whole 'difficult to find decent centre backs' thing (even though we have a defender wanted by numerous clubs, worth >15 mil, who wants to play for saints)

that'd be my advice on how to approach it

Edited by eddie

If people didn't bite to him he would STFU.

Unfortunately as has been shown over the last few years like a floater you just cant get rid of him. At least he hasn't started on the racist/bigoted/homophobic insults yet, that seems to be common form, but ya know watch this space...

ZxRCh56VzWhDa.gif

Evening Standard says 'Standard Sport understand the Belgium centre back would prefer to join his international teammates Jan Vertonghen, Nacer Chadli and Mousa Dembele at Spurs than rejoin Saints, but Atletico are looking for close to £14m.'

Don't think they're particularly reliable though and they're undoubtedly biased towards the London clubs (unsurprisingly). Isn't Dembele one of the players Spurs are getting rid of?

Evening Standard says 'Standard Sport understand the Belgium centre back would prefer to join his international teammates Jan Vertonghen, Nacer Chadli and Mousa Dembele at Spurs than rejoin Saints, but Atletico are looking for close to £14m.'

Don't think they're particularly reliable though and they're undoubtedly biased towards the London clubs (unsurprisingly). Isn't Dembele one of the players Spurs are getting rid of?

Yeah, was going to say....the same Chadli and Dembele they are happy to listen to offers for.

This sounds like someone going ''Which clubs have Belgian players?'' ''Oh yeah, they do. Let's link him to that club.''

Surely Spurs will have to pay more than us considering the payments Atletico need to make to us to cancel the original agreement?

Anything from the Evening Sub Standard and that pathetic excuse for a reporter Collosimo as nothing but whysical doodles of a delluded spurs fan for dellusional spurs fans.

Yep. The Standard is so biased, deluded and inaccurate it gives the Mirror a run for its money when it comes to the garbage stakes

Yeah, was going to say....the same Chadli and Dembele they are happy to listen to offers for.

This sounds like someone going ''Which clubs have Belgian players?'' ''Oh yeah, they do. Let's link him to that club.''

Don't think they're interested in getting rid of Chadli, he was one of their best players last season.

Surely Spurs will have to pay more than us considering the payments Atletico need to make to us to cancel the original agreement?

If Atletico have our bid, then the next bid will have to be £2m or so more than ours, what with the compensation they would have to pay us if he went elsewhere.

If Atletico have our bid, then the next bid will have to be £2m or so more than ours, what with the compensation they would have to pay us if he went elsewhere.

I don't think it makes any difference who the bid comes from (including Southampton). If that story about the percentage is true, it just means a percentage comes back to Southampton............

If Spurs bid 18 million. Atletico get 16 million and Saints get 2 million.

If Saints bid 16 million. Atletico get 16 million and have to give Saints nothing.

Atletico get 16 million in either method.

I'm confused how this is a difficult concept.

(numbers purely Illustrative)

M

If Saints bid 16 million. Atletico get 16 million and have to give Saints nothing.

We should bid £16.5m or £17m then.

It's not a difficult concept but assumes that is how it works. Which some people disagree. The other view is that we get 1.5-2m to cancel the buy option and then we bid on an open market against other clubs.

Little point in arguing about it since no one on this forum can be sure of the precise nature of the original deal.

The Echo say this:

When Saints struck the loan deal they had a fixed purchase option of £6.8m included in the paperwork.

However, in an unusual twist for such a deal, Atletico also had the right to buy out that option for around £1.5m, believed to be roughly the loan fee Saints paid out to have Alderweireld at St Mary’s for the season.

The Daily Echo understands that Atletico have signalled their intention to pay out that money.

It's not a difficult concept but assumes that is how it works. Which some people disagree. The other view is that we get 1.5-2m to cancel the buy option and then we bid on an open market against other clubs.

Little point in arguing about it since no one on this forum can be sure of the precise nature of the original deal.

But that's exactly the same as we'll use the money they have given us and then add the rest. He'll still cost us less than Spurs as Spurs don't have that bit of free money.

The Echo states they Understand AM blah blah blah

Are they getting their info from this forum or are they best mates with Poochie boy ?

I'm sure they are pretty well informed, more so than under the previous regime anyway. I can't see anything in what they have written which doesn't make sense?

Surely Athletico have already bought out Saints option to buy, so now it's a level playing field. Apart from what some are saying that Southampton will get a percentage of any transfer fee, regardless of who the buyer is including Saints.

Surely Athletico have already bought out Saints option to buy, so now it's a level playing field. Apart from what some are saying that Southampton will get a percentage of any transfer fee, regardless of who the buyer is including Saints.

Why as a club would you pay back Southampton the £2 million or whatever it is if you are still in negotiation with them (and other clubs) to sell the player ? It makes no sense. " Ok, we will give you back your £2 million then if you are the club that comes up with the best offer we will take that back again" !!!

They would pay it back IF Toby is sold to someone else wouldn't they ?

Why as a club would you pay back Southampton the £2 million or whatever it is if you are still in negotiation with them (and other clubs) to sell the player ? It makes no sense. " Ok, we will give you back your £2 million then if you are the club that comes up with the best offer we will take that back again" !!!

They would pay it back IF Toby is sold to someone else wouldn't they ?

No because that £2m or whatever it is negates Saints opportunity to buy for £6.8m. So it's an even playing field right now in every respect. The only thing you may say is that the loan fee we paid for Toby has been paid back to us giving us a little more money, that's all.