Toby

washsaint

Every man & his dog have known that both Clyne and Morgan were off. More money and the fact that Spurs have met the asking price has more to do with it at the moment.

Exactly. And we don't know what was spoken about in the dressing room. Both may have been quite open about looking to move....so toby may have know for a while

Exactly. And we don't know what was spoken about in the dressing room. Both may have been quite open about looking to move....so toby may have know for a while
Based on what Koeman and Reed were saying at the end of the season, I don't think everyone knew Clyne was off.

Don't think him leaving would directly affect Alderweireld anyway.

Based on what Koeman and Reed were saying at the end of the season, I don't think everyone knew Clyne was off.

Don't think him leaving would directly affect Alderweireld anyway.

Alderweireld will want to play for a club going forward. If Morgan and Clyne are sold before he signs he, like some of the players last summer, might take another look at his own situation. Not the only factor of course, but he will want to sign for a club attempting to get in in the CL. Lose Morgan and are we really that club?

Alderweireld will want to play for a club going forward. If Morgan and Clyne are sold before he signs he, like some of the players last summer, might take another look at his own situation. Not the only factor of course, but he will want to sign for a club attempting to get in in the CL. Lose Morgan and are we really that club?

I think there has been a deal in place with Morgan since last summer and anyway he has previously let it be known that he wanted CL football. Im sure Toby has known about the possibility / likelihood of him leaving for months. I'm not saying its not a factor in his decision, but it wont be the major one imo.

The Sun have said Spurs have agreed terms & a fee of £11million for Toby. I can't believe we aren't in there & fighting at that price whether we get any fees from clauses or not!!

Do you think we aren't fighting for him?

For us. And a direct rival would get an excellent player. Come on Ronald. Work your magic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's got nothing to do with Koeman.. There's a transfer committee who have already turned down his wishes over Elia, or so we were told on this forum.

If he goes to spurs that would be a total disaster

No it wouldn't. Jesus the over-reaction on here is unreal sometimes.

He's a bloody good player and I hope we can get him, but if not there are other very good defenders out there who would love to sign for us

No it wouldn't. Jesus the over-reaction on here is unreal sometimes.

He's a bloody good player and I hope we can get him, but if not there are other very good defenders out there who would love to sign for us

Such as?

Such as?

I and you probably haven't heard of half of them. We have a scouting system in place that watches game after game in numerous leagues across the globe. If you seriously think there aren't other very good defenders out there then you're slightly deluded.

Had you heard of Mane before we signed him? Loads of good players out there playing in lesser leagues who would jump at the chance to join us and play in the PL

Such as?

I'm pretty sure, if i look back through this forum, the exact same was said when we sold Lovren. The fact is that there are plenty of good players out there.

Fabian Schar, aleksandar dragovic, Hector Monero - 3 very talented, top level CB's who have all previously been linked with us. So there are 3 names straight away.

For what it's worth, I want us to keep Toby more than anything - ever. It would send such a signal. But...if it doesn't happen for whatever reason, then whilst we will be understandably gutted, the reality is that he's not the only talented CB out there.

Except he was happy to come last summer when things looked far worse than this time round.

It's got nothing to do with Koeman.. There's a transfer committee who have already turned down his wishes over Elia, or so we were told on this forum.

You should tell the press that every bloody article about saints and transfers seems to think Koeman is making all the decisions it's quite amusing really.

I'd be shocked if that Sun article were true, that would mean we refused our right to sign him and Spurs came out with a £11m bid, £3m more than ours at £8m, just cannot see A, that we've refused our right to sign him and B, that we've only bid £8m for him.

Edited by BlakeySFC

I'd be shocked if that Sun article with true, that would mean we refused our right to sign him and Spurs came out with a £11m bid, £3m more than ours at £8m, just cannot see A, that we've refused our right to sign him and B, that we've only bid £8m for him.

You've not really been following this story have you?

I'd be shocked if that Sun article were true, that would mean we refused our right to sign him and Spurs came out with a £11m bid, £3m more than ours at £8m, just cannot see A, that we've refused our right to sign him and B, that we've only bid £8m for him.

Have you considered that he might want to sign for the spuds rather than us, plus, salary might have a bearing.

Have you considered that he might want to sign for the spuds rather than us, plus, salary might have a bearing.

I may be wrong here, but I was under the impression that we have first refusal on him, as in Atletico have to try and get a deal done with us first, only if that deal falls apart and/or we pass on him can he be offered to other clubs?

I was also under the impression Spurs have to outbid us by £3m to get him, which, if it's true we bid £18m for him (seems like maybe that was a red herring now) Spurs would have to pay £21m.

Is that an ITK kinda relax or a 'just chill & wait & see' kinda relax?

I've been told we've got him. Don't hang me if I'm wrong though, as I've said before, it's not quite bloke down the pub who told me, but not far off. He has been right about a few things before though.

I've been told we've got him. Don't hang me if I'm wrong though, as I've said before, it's not quite bloke down the pub who told me, but not far off. He has been right about a few things before though.

Ah, I see. Well let's hope he's right again! It would be brilliant to keep him and even more satisfying to get him from under Poch's nose! Thanks for sharing.

I may be wrong here, but I was under the impression that we have first refusal on him, as in Atletico have to try and get a deal done with us first, only if that deal falls apart and/or we pass on him can he be offered to other clubs?

I was also under the impression Spurs have to outbid us by £3m to get him, which, if it's true we bid £18m for him (seems like maybe that was a red herring now) Spurs would have to pay £21m.

That's the incorrect impression you have.

We had a chance to purchase home for £6.7m. If Atletico didn't want to sell him to us/sell him tp someone else then they pay us the £2m. That's what is likely to happen. There is no way in hell we bid anywhere near £18m for him.

That's the incorrect impression you have.

We had a chance to purchase home for £6.7m. If Atletico didn't want to sell him to us/sell him tp someone else then they pay us the £2m. That's what is likely to happen. There is no way in hell we bid anywhere near £18m for him.

but we have then got a free 2 million pounds to use towards his cost that spurs dont have. so he will be 2 million cheaper to us than spurs.

but we have then got a free 2 million pounds to use towards his cost that spurs dont have. so he will be 2 million cheaper to us than spurs.

think it's 2 million euros actually, the deal was all in euros and as the pound is much stronger that it was last year (or the € weaker) the amounts change. The deal was something like 8 m€ for the player (which is only about 5.7 million £ now and the famous buy out of the agreement clause at 2 million €. It was in AS or Marca at the time.

Edited by Window Cleaner

The days of any of that being relevant are gone.

If he has decided he wants to go to Spurs then AM and Spurs will negotiate a fee. It's relationship with any theoretical fee Saints might pay instead is of no consequence in that situation.

Let's just hope Toby wants to stay with us, the rest will work itself out.