Toby

washsaint

How reliable would you say the person is?

He's been right before, been wrong before. But he has been pretty good recently. I've been told that he loves it here, and his wife does as well. Thought I'd share what I've been told, but don't hang me if he goes elsewhere.

For what it's worth, I reckon there's a decent chance he's staying.

if we lose Toby to spurs is just another reminder on how we will never really be a top 4/6 club long term.

Sure, we will have good seasons but we will constantly lose our best to these sort of sides. that includes managers - Poch being a prime example.

not with the ground at 32k and not really getting more than that consistantly

I fully expect us to drop a few places down the league anyway (if we get into the group stages of the EL)

then again, should not be a surprise, didn't les say we finance for a top 10 finish?

I agree we are never going to be a regular top 6 team but definitely a top ten team teams like Man U Man C Liverpool Arsenal Chelsea have large fan bases and stadia and have a history over my lifetime of winning Trophies not only domestic but also European

I agree we are never going to be a regular top 6 team but definitely a top ten team teams like Man U Man C Liverpool Arsenal Chelsea have large fan bases and stadia and have a history over my lifetime of winning Trophies not only domestic but also European

Burnley and Preston were once among the top sides in the country. That is how I see Liverpool now. Can't see them finishing top 4 for a long time. Certainly not with the arrogant legend in his own opinion manager they currently have.

Burnley and Preston were once among the top sides in the country. That is how I see Liverpool now. Can't see them finishing top 4 for a long time. Certainly not with the arrogant legend in his own opinion manager they currently have.

Sorry Wade but Liverpool have nothing in common with Burnley and Preston.

Sorry Wade but Liverpool have nothing in common with Burnley and Preston.

No, but my point was that top teams can slide into obscurity. Just because Liverpool have an illustrious history, it means jack sh*te for their future.

My judgement is slightly clouded by my blind hatred for them.

Of course you are right but since the 1960s when the maximum wage was abandoned large city Clubs have had an unfair advantage and with the PL and CL this unfortunately is going to continue

Football years...

2015/16 - pre-season training begun for some clubs

2014/15 - 6th

2013/14 - 2nd

Best post ever. Comedy gold! Why not just admit you meant 2 SEASONS ago rather than the pedantic guff posted above?

Best post ever. Comedy gold! Why not just admit you meant 2 SEASONS ago rather than the pedantic guff posted above?

In fairness no one normal thinks the season that finished in May 2014 is "two seasons" ago. If this was an even numbered year we'd still be in World Cup/Euros time. No one's even played a bloody friendly.

He just meant season instead of year. Should be able to admit that though.

The fact he decided to correct someone else for saying Liverpool had finished second last year is the main issue. Didn't need correcting.

Anyway, MLG always good value. No harm done.

I can have some sympathy with this opinion at my age. Here is the table when I was about 10. Liverpool are third in the second division and we go up as champions of the third division.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1959%E2%80%9360_in_English_football

Most on here will never have known Liverpool as anything but a top team apart from us wrinklies. It is interesting to read those tables and see how the hierarchy has changed since then.

Like you, I can't see them getting into the top four under Rodgers, unless that new striker they bought is as good as Suarez. But then again, perhaps we might find that one or more of Roriguez, Mane or Pelle hit their stride too.

Why can't MLG just ever admit he was wrong? Why does he have to try and be such a pedantic clever git to try and justify his mistakes? Really weird.

Just move on, you boring little bellend. Everyone knew what he meant, why does it matter?

What's really weird is when lots of grown men gang up on him, all thinking they're hilarious. This sometimes happens even when he's right.

That's proper oddball behaviour.

Just move on, you boring little bellend. Everyone knew what he meant, why does it matter?

What's really weird is when lots of grown men gang up on him, all thinking they're hilarious. This sometimes happens even when he's right.

Isn't that what you're doing?

Ok.

I am surprised Toby would go to Spurs but it is Spurs doing the reporting of this. I agree with the Club saying nothing until a deal is done but I am getting fed up with this deluge of crap from the papers about our players leaving - probably becuase it is very likely true

I am surprised Toby would go to Spurs but it is Spurs doing the reporting of this. I agree with the Club saying nothing until a deal is done but I am getting fed up with this deluge of crap from the papers about our players leaving - probably becuase it is very likely true

Let the media play the crap games. The club know exactly what they're doing. We're in as good a position as we ever have been in terms of the quality we can attract, Cedric being an example of a very sought after player.

Personally, what happens - happens. After last summer, I think the club deserve our trust. Whilst we were all panicking, the club clearly weren't and they had a plan. It's safe to say they have another plan this year. It already feels a lot calmer this year, a lot more settled. I think Clyne and Morgan have been the worst keeps secrets for months, I think they've both been off. So if we can get that done, get the £40m or so in and then go and secure our big targets.

Who you calling a grown man fcko?

Many have said it before and I am not going to apologise for saying it again, we are not a big club. Manchester Utd, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Spurs are the big 6. They are constantly in that group that others like us strive to break but we have not yet!

We have a rich owner but she is astute and wants the club to be self financing. I agree and it is so much more satisfying to see we are genuine challengers with that philosophy

We do not have the income streams to be able to pay the top players the money they desire. The top 6 do.

We have to prove ourselves over a longer period of time to persuade players who want regular European football that we can constantly deliver. This coming season will be the start of that process but the players who are moving on are impatient to have that reassurance. The top 6 sides, through their track record and money, can give that now.

We are replenishing with good players (excluding our Academy for the purposes of this discussion) so other team supporters may look at us with anger or envy just as we are doing with the top 6.

We have not yet arrived but the top 6 know we are breathing down their necks and our reputation is building. We need to have a similar season in 2015/16 to keep the pressure on the other 6 and do well in the Europa Cup to enhance our reputation further afield.

In the meantime we will have to accept we will lose our best and ambitious players each year.