Toby

washsaint

Its like 2012 all over again.

not 2009 with the takeover ?

Or 2007, with Paul Allen's yacht ? They were good years for people proclaiming deals were done, and if they weren't done then imminent, (there will be an announcement on Friday).

not 2009 with the takeover ?

Or 2007, with Paul Allen's yacht ? They were good years for people proclaiming deals were done, and if they weren't done then imminent, (there will be an announcement on Friday).

Very true, though 2012 was vintage Glasgow.

I remember that happening one Christmas was ****ed off as I always thought Martin Chivers was a really good player for Saints helped us enormously to get to Div 1 in harness with Terry Paine

But Ted knew Micky Channon was coming through and Chivers would not be greatly missed, he was already playing second fiddle to Big Ron. He was successful at Spuds eventually but actually won very little despite leaving for a "bigger club" (UEFA Cup and 2 League Cups). Have his autograph which I got at Highbury when he sat almost next to us when he was recovering from his broken leg.

I remember all those years ago when Martin Chivers transfer was announce . I wasn't happy but hey that was life in those days

And Frank Saul wasn't that bad a footballer

Today there is so much false speculation passed around the media . Each trying to do each other

Liverpool and moan u are met to be signing in excess of 100 players between them in the press gossip is to believed

I just take the constant gossip as just that . If it happens it happens if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen

What I am impressed with us saints are doing deals behind the scenes . And do things correctly in my humble opinion .

I hope Toby and co stay then brilliant

If the go yes I will be hacked off for few hours but I know saints will have replacements that are either as good or better lined up.

Steve Williams had a bright future but then went arsenal and he never reached his full potential

The grass is not always greener on the other side

Steve Williams had a bright future but then went arsenal and he never reached his full potential

The grass is not always greener on the other side

Not just Wiliams though is it ? Very few , Shearer and Bale the notable exceptions, really fulfill their potential and exceed our hopes of them, on leaving.

Trouble is though, no matter how many times this happens, it will have no bearing on the current lot who still have the belief that their move will fulfill all their ambitions (££££ .. as well).

All of which makes MLT more of a standout player and person.

Atletico Madrid have decided to honour their agreement with Saints and Toby will be our player in the next few days. In addition, despite speculation, Clyne is still negotiating his contract and the deal is almost done for him to extend his contract with Saints for a further five years. On returning from England duty this week this too will be completed in the next few days.

Oh... and for those assuming Schneiderlin is on the way out, he has declared he will not leave Saints for any more than Champions League football and also wishes to stay in England. Both Man Utd and Arsenal have stated that the price tag that Saints have slapped on him is outside of what they would be willing to pay and are looking elsewhere, while Chelsea and Man City have no interest. Consequently, Morgan has now enquired about the possibility of an improved deal with contract extension.

In other news, a goalkeeper is also in advanced negotiations to sign. This one is under wraps, but I believe that Saints have been talking to both Tom Heaton of Burnley and Orjan Nyland of Molde and one of these two (possibly both, but unlikely) will also be unveiled as a Saints player this week.

There is also news that Saints are negotiating with both Grzegorz Krychowiak and Jordie Clasie and will sign at least one of them despite Morgan's descision to stay.

Finally, Martin Odegaard will be making his anticipated loan move from Real Madrid. What is interesting, though, is that they are negotiating a similar deal to the one they had with AM for Toby - except that there will be a larger buy-out payment to cancel the sale and Real will not be able to sell him for two full seasons should they cancel the deal.

... if Carling... (or maybe Tetleys?)... did ITKers!!! ;)

Atletico Madrid have decided to honour their agreement with Saints and Toby will be our player in the next few days. In addition, despite speculation, Clyne is still negotiating his contract and the deal is almost done for him to extend his contract with Saints for a further five years. On returning from England duty this week this too will be completed in the next few days.

Oh... and for those assuming Schneiderlin is on the way out, he has declared he will not leave Saints for any more than Champions League football and also wishes to stay in England. Both Man Utd and Arsenal have stated that the price tag that Saints have slapped on him is outside of what they would be willing to pay and are looking elsewhere, while Chelsea and Man City have no interest. Consequently, Morgan has now enquired about the possibility of an improved deal with contract extension.

In other news, a goalkeeper is also in advanced negotiations to sign. This one is under wraps, but I believe that Saints have been talking to both Tom Heaton of Burnley and Orjan Nyland of Molde and one of these two (possibly both, but unlikely) will also be unveiled as a Saints player this week.

There is also news that Saints are negotiating with both Grzegorz Krychowiak and Jordie Clasie and will sign at least one of them despite Morgan's descision to stay.

Finally, Martin Odegaard will be making his anticipated loan move from Real Madrid. What is interesting, though, is that they are negotiating a similar deal to the one they had with AM for Toby - except that there will be a larger buy-out payment to cancel the sale and Real will not be able to sell him for two full seasons should they cancel the deal.

... if Carling... (or maybe Tetleys?)... did ITKers!!! ;)

Gareth Bale wants to come back as well,and will pay his own transfer fee. In fact he is so embarrased by the f^ck up following his departure, he will personally reimburse the club the remainder of the fee that Lowe negotiated away, and also compensate us for wages paid to Tommy Forecast.

All of which was from the wife of an impeccable source at the club.

Be gash if he goes to Spurs for a fee that we all would feel would be easily within our budget.

Considering we never touched the premier league money to use for transfers at all last season

My thoughts exactly

Even if we ended up in a bidding war and payed 15m for him, it'll be a steal , he's part of our back line, wouldn't need "time to adjust"

And he is versatile

What I get from this is that spurs are a complete mess, I mean we got rid of ten players last year but around 5 were out of contract or went on loan and 5 had heads turned by other clubs so we got huge money for them.

They're actually trying to push ten out the door who still have high end contracts each and every one at a loss, ha. They might of made money off Bale and Modric but this summer should confirm they have literally wasted most of it.

Why any level headed top footballer would want to join them over us is baffling

It's not baffling, it's completely understandable for as long as they pay bigger wages and have more likelihood of winning trophies as a result.

Of course if we want to stop players leaving we have to pay bigger wages, and we can't do that without Champions League money and a massively increased global presence, which I'm not sure we're likely to achieve in the immediate future.

Why any level headed top footballer would want to join them over us is baffling

They're a more prestigious club with a better team, they're in London and they pay more.

I don't think any potential signing is going to be put off by the fact that they're selling Benjamin Stambouli.

Edited by DuncanRG