Toby

washsaint

Not saying he isn't, but what there is actually new information?

The way I read it...

Old News = £1.5m buy back payment if Saints bid not accepted

New News = £1.5m + additional £1.5m sell-on clause if Saints bid rejected and on-sold elsewhere

I still don't get the 7m figure quoted in the original loan agreement to make the deal permanent. Why bother quoting it at all if we were likely to have to pay more if he had a good season at Southampton.

We obviously drive a hard bargain. Toby cost us a lot of money because of his 5 million € a year salary.

Far more than we usually pay anyone else, it's kind of normal that the buy in price wasn't too high and that there was a penalty clause if they didn't honour it.

The way I read it...

Old News = £1.5m buy back payment if Saints bid not accepted

New News = £1.5m + additional £1.5m sell-on clause if Saints bid rejected and on-sold elsewhere

Can you point out where it says that in the Wilson article please?

Read it yourself, it quite clearly states the details of the agreement.

It doesn't. Read it.

It says AM have to pay us if they end up selling to another club. We've know that for ages.

Edited by Pancake

It doesn't. Read it.

It says AM have to pay us if they end up selling to another club. We've know that for ages.

Whatever, have it your way mate. As far as I and many on here were concerned we knew that they had to pay us back 1.5 million if they took him back but not that they had to pay us this 3 million if they sold him to another club.

the whole point being if we bid 12 million any other suitors would need to bid 15 million to match us.

I heard we let the cleaner take early morning calls when the rest of the office staff are out. Apparently it was her who turned down Liverpool's bid for Clyne.

It was the cleaner who refused to return any of Lallana's calls last summer as well. Shambles.

It was the cleaner who refused to return any of Lallana's calls last summer as well. Shambles.

Or just someone who couldn't be assed and said he/she was the cleaner...been there, done that, one of the oldest ruses in the can't be assed with idiots on the phone guide book. Used to buy you at least a few hours, then of course some knob invented the mobile telphone.

If I was to clutch at straws' date=' at least Toby still has Saints on his Facebook profile and his pic is still in a Saints shirt...[/quote']

I still have a picture from 9 years ago on my Facebook page..... I'm just lazy!

If I was to clutch at straws' date=' at least Toby still has Saints on his Facebook profile and his pic is still in a Saints shirt...[/quote']

“My father has recently spoken with Atletico and they want me back”, Alderweireld told Sporza.

“But I do have a feeling that I am at a club that I like.

“I have shown my ability in the Premier League and I do not want to spend another season sitting on the bench.”

“My father has recently spoken with Atletico and they want me back”, Alderweireld told Sporza.

“But I do have a feeling that I am at a club that I like.

“I have shown my ability in the Premier League and I do not want to spend another season sitting on the bench.”

I'm taking that and running with it.

Mine's a more modern one; a wine bar in 2007 (I think).

Still, opportunity to get a new one this year eh? Just make sure you get to a game before we get knocked out of the Europa.. :-)

On reflection the pre-season trips we're taking to Munich/Salzburg and Amsterdam/Rotterdam could be miles better than whatever happens in the early Europa games so done a bit of early bolt shooting.

Alderweireld didn't have a great game by his standards from the bits I saw.

Doesn't have the same involvement out at right back, and as Wales didn't really do much down his wing the focus was on him going forward - a few decent crosses but one hilariously wasteful shot at a vital moment.

I heard we let the cleaner take early morning calls when the rest of the office staff are out. Apparently it was her who turned down Liverpool's bid for Clyne.

Good for her :lol:....she's obviously had a " quick course on negotiations " from Les Reed.

Reminds me of the story from the 1970's when Liverpool really were " Kings of Europe". It was said even " the tea lady at Anfield " could pick the team for a Saturday.

Good for her :lol:....she's obviously had a " quick course on negotiations " from Les Reed.

Reminds me of the story from the 1970's when Liverpool really were " Kings of Europe". It was said even " the tea lady at Anfield " could pick the team for a Saturday.

And even the tea lady at Anfield today could pick a better side than Brenda.....

And even the tea lady at Anfield today could pick a better side than Brenda.....

How right you are, but don't publish that thought too much. :D

Brendan still hasn't learned that the secret of the Lallana / Lambert partnership was playing them together, and not just have their names on the same team sheet.

How right you are, but don't publish that thought too much. :D

Brendan still hasn't learned that the secret of the Lallana / Lambert partnership was playing them together, and not just have their names on the same team sheet.

Lambert wasn't really bought as a player. It seemed to be a combination of Liverpool wanting to be seen as the culmination of his fairytale career, and him being handy leverage in drawing the other two L's away.