Toby

washsaint

Journo from the Sun:

@BFairthorne: Levy been in Spain today to try and conclude deal for Alderweireld. Southampton also interested, but Spurs remain in pole position.

Would Levy really need to go there personally?

Ben Fairthorne@BFairthorne Jun 28

United have agreed fee with Saints & personal terms with Schneiderlin. Wasn't LVG's first choice but good long term replacement for Carrick.

He also said this...

Journo from the Sun:

@BFairthorne: Levy been in Spain today to try and conclude deal for Alderweireld. Southampton also interested, but Spurs remain in pole position.

His bio says...

Worked for CNN, Base Soccer, The Sun, The Mail, IPC Media, Nuts Magazine and Frank PR. Worked at football agency with predominately Arsenal and Spurs players.

The Sun

Daily Mail

Nuts magazine

Quite a trustworthy CV then!

Plus "Worked at football agency with predominately Arsenal and Spurs players", so a North London bias to his work then.

Ben Fairthorne ‏@BFairthorne Jun 28

United have agreed fee with Saints & personal terms with Schneiderlin. Wasn't LVG's first choice but good long term replacement for Carrick.

Maybe its done and we are trying to secure our deals before it comes out ?

If Fairthorne is right about that, then that would mean Koeman lied in his interview on 29th June when he said there have been no serious offers. I think its more likely Fairthorne hasn't a clue.

Edited by Matthew Le God

If Fairthorne is right about that, then that would mean Koeman lied in his interview on 1st July when he said there have been no serious offers. I think its more likely Fairthorne hasn't a clue.

Yeah the BASED bit is a give away he's guessing

Ben Fairthorne ‏@BFairthorne Jun 28

Arsenal not had the interest expected in Schneiderlin. Based on previous 2 seasons, one expects he has somebody else lined up.

Ben Fairthorne ‏@BFairthorne Jun 20

Both Carvalho and Schnneidein on Wenger's hit list. Personally think MS would be the better option.

His bio says...

The Sun

Daily Mail

Nuts magazine

Quite a trustworthy CV then!

Plus "Worked at football agency with predominately Arsenal and Spurs players", so a North London bias to his work then.

And can't spell "predominantly" either? Or was that you?

If Fairthorne is right about that, then that would mean Koeman lied in his interview on 29th June when he said there have been no serious offers. I think its more likely Fairthorne hasn't a clue.

Koeman might not regard an offer under a certain value to be "serious", that doesn't mean the offer didn't exist.

It is him, I copied and pasted directly from his twitter account and put it in speech marks. You have to wonder how little it takes to get a place on journalism degree course these days.

Actually it takes quite a lot, decent A-Level grades. For this subject I am ITK, my daughter graduated last summer.

Talk about old news...this was reported weeks ago! Just shows how journos will use anything for a new story.

This is the way with the media today. Places are (even today) saying "United make £20m bid for Schneiderlin" headlines.

Not sure the personal phone call means much, as its up to A Madrid.. Thought Alderweield wanted a permanent to Saints anyway and was just waiting for Southampton and Atletico to come to an agreement price wise.

Sky Sports reporting Toby Alderweireld has been phoned personally by Saints boss Ronald Koeman and is now close to joining Southampton.
.Lifted from a Spurs fan on Twitter. Anyone catch this on Sky? If true' date=' go Ronnie![/quote']

Wasn't this last year's telephone call?

Not sure the personal phone call means much, as its up to A Madrid.. Thought Alderweield wanted a permanent to Saints anyway and was just waiting for Southampton and Atletico to come to an agreement price wise.

If we have had a bid accepted by AM the the phone call us very important!

@BFairthorne: Alderweireld talks have been very positive today. Levy confident he will become a Spurs player within next two weeks.

He is probably a WUM.

Edit: Seems he got fired by the Daily Star for continually making up quotes. Quite funny actually if you google him.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Spurs fans claiming that Toby will sign for them, pretty confident.

They're just going on the re-hashed stories in the press. The actual Spurs people who claim to be ''ITK'' on their forums don't believe it's happening, or ever was.

I stand by my opinion that all this Spurs ******** is agent/atletcio spin. Nothing more, nothing less.

we might have tried that, but were told "no".... so we took what could get in the circumstances. No fault to SFC, Toby played a binder, around injuries. He's really good but has weak hamstrings... Apart from that I do rate him, he brings a calmness to our defence, it's a joy to watch him with Fonte....

"@BelgoFoot: It looks like Anderlecht's Chancel Mbemba is off to Atletico once Toby Alderweireld decides which Premier League club he fancies."

Replacement lined up - decision soon?

Edited by JxgrSaint

Downside of doing loans. If the player does well means more interest from other clubs. Should of done permanent deal in January like we did for Bertrand.

Ideally yes. But I'm sure Atletico knew it was in their best interests to see it through to the summer