Toby

washsaint

According to the Echo ??

Can't wait

LOL!! Just read the article ..... has factless Allen joined The Echo?

12 one sentence "paragraphs"

Not much in the way of facts, highlighted by the use of "Hope" and "Could" in the Headline.

Fact avoiding use of "widely reported" and "äre now said to be" with no actual quotes.

Virtually every sentence/paragraph has at least one of the following ..... optimistic, likely, understood, expectation, could, hope and believed.

Having said that, I guess it is still far more accurate than The National Press stories stating that he is about to sign for, or having medicals, talking to to a whole host of clubs.

Roll on Transfer Deadline Day!!

Not much in the way of facts, highlighted by the use of "Hope" and "Could" in the Headline.

Fact avoiding use of "widely reported" and "äre now said to be" with no actual quotes.

Virtually every sentence/paragraph has at least one of the following ..... optimistic, likely, understood, expectation, could, hope and believed.

Having said that, I guess it is still far more accurate than The National Press stories stating that he is about to sign for, or having medicals, talking to to a whole host of clubs.

Really have no idea what you expect the Echo to be publishing. That article is fine.

is this your job application? you're five short.

Kristof Terreur@HLNinEngeland 25m25 minutes ago

Daniel Levy has travelled to Spain. He hopes to complete the Alderweireld deal this weekend. Negotiations planned today. #THFC

Oh... Lots of Spurs noise yet the Echo is insisting we still remain confident we can still win the race. Both Spurs and Saints must be receiving encouragement from Toby for this to be the case. I'm just clinging to the hope he hasn't updated removed from his Twitter profile yet! :D

Levy must be over there then. I guess we will know who Toby will sign for in the next few days or so.

be very disappointed if we lost out to spurs as I believe the fee wanted by AM would be within our grasp

Levy must be over there then. I guess we will know who Toby will sign for in the next few days or so.

be very disappointed if we lost out to spurs as I believe the fee wanted by AM would be within our grasp

If we lose out I suspect it will come down to the package offered to the player, not AM. Or simply the fact that he'd prefer to go to Spurs.

If we lose out I suspect it will come down to the package offered to the player, not AM. Or simply the fact that he'd prefer to go to Spurs.

but we have been told time and time again, even from toby himself that he wants to sign for us. I do not think for 1 minute he would not be aware during last season or this summer what we would offer him in wages etc

He is meant to be fairly ITK I think? Would be gutted if Alderweireld joins Spurs.

I thought Levy had gone to Madrid the middle of the week though?

Yeah he is normally a pretty reliable source where Belgian players are concerned.

Would be bad enough to not sign Toby, let alone for him to move there...

I suspect as the Echo said that whilst he is happy to stay at Saints he probably would also find a move to Spurs quite appealing. No reason for him not to find both moves attractive, so hopefully we can at least force him to decide by agreeing a fee with AM.

Edited by Saint Charlie

I wonder whether the compensation payment for terminating the loan agreement is coming into play here? We would quite rightly want a £1.5 million discount on the price but maybe AM are playing hardball on this?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I wonder whether the compensation payment for terminating the loan agreement is coming into play here? We would quite rightly want a £1.5 million discount on the price but maybe AM are playing hardball on this?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Eh? why would that come into play?

They've supposedly already given us that money, so all we do is use that money as part of the deal. Why would we want them to discount us?

off BBC football gossip page

Atletico Madrid have cancelled an agreement they had to sell centre-back Toby Alderweireld to Southampton for £6.8m in a move which helps Tottenham's hopes of signing the 26-year-old. (Daily Mirror)

Just means we don't have the first option of snaffling him up for a paltry fee ... we'll have to pay the going rate instead.

@BFairthorne: Alderweireld talks have been very positive today. Levy confident he will become a Spurs player within next two weeks.

He is probably a WUM.

Edit: Seems he got fired by the Daily Star for continually making up quotes. Quite funny actually if you google him.

Apparently he's an Arsenal fan, hopefully just winding up Spurs fans

Atletico Madrid have cancelled an agreement they had to sell centre-back Toby Alderweireld to Southampton for £6.8m in a move which helps Tottenham's hopes of signing the 26-year-old. (Daily Mirror)

Again, 2 weeks behind.

They had to make a payment in order to cancel that deal so now we're all square, plus a modest sum of money :)

Do am I right in thinking, if we match thfc offer athletico make 6.8m ?

I am led to believe that if we match their offer then the net result to AM would be ...

Hmm... Whichever happens AM would owe us some money. I think it would result in costing us slightly less but AM have the same net cost.

How many logins are you going to use today you absolute weirdo??

#start talking to yourself.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Same one, my ONLY one

Please tell me WHY you think I have more than one ?, ah but no, you're only good at insults aren't you

Same one, my ONLY one

Please tell me WHY you think I have more than one ?, ah but no, you're only good at insults aren't you

Your other account is having a bit of a rant on another thread, maybe you should go and argue with him.

Your other account is having a bit of a rant on another thread, maybe you should go and argue with him.

Sorry pal

I do NOT have another account

As (I am sure) you know, I have only just started to post on here again

Still, waste of time me saying anything, you're convinced I have more than one account

Ask the Mods, they will tell you otherwise

Sorry pal

I do NOT have another account

As (I am sure) you know, I have only just started to post on here again

Still, waste of time me saying anything, you're convinced I have more than one account

Ask the Mods, they will tell you otherwise

Then why did you argue with yourself in the previously posted link?

Clearly an habitual liar, just do one.

Blow for #saintsfc if, as seems to be the case, Daniel Levy is stealing Alderweireld from under their noses. Such a big player last season.

Alex Crook

#saintsfc set to miss out on Toby Alderweireld to #spurs #thfc. Daniel Levy has flown out to Spain for talks.

Alex Smith

The journalistic Alexes not fancying our chances. Hopefully Tony is correct and Levy's focus is elsewhere.

Kristof Terreur@HLNinEngeland 25m25 minutes ago

Daniel Levy has travelled to Spain. He hopes to complete the Alderweireld deal this weekend. Negotiations planned today. #THFC

He said to someone else that it is definitely true that Levy is out there trying to sign Toby. He is reliable on Belgian players so definitely a blow, you wouldnt travel there unless you felt you had a good chance of concluding it surely?

He said to someone else that it is definitely true that Levy is out there trying to sign Toby. He is reliable on Belgian players so definitely a blow, you wouldnt travel there unless you felt you had a good chance of concluding it surely?

I'm guessing les reed is not out there then

Out usual ITKs are giving any little winks or hints.

:-(

Didn't Les fly to Portugal to do the Rojo deal last summer?

I think he did according to some Portuguese reports.

According to this Levy wants it done by Sunday evening...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3149373/Tottenham-chairman-Daniel-Levy-arrives-Spain-hoping-complete-deal-Atletico-Madrid-sign-defender-Toby-Alderweireld.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

If the £10m is true then thats a bargain. Koeman said it was "difficult" with Atleti, but surely if thats the price then you just bite their hand off.

Arguably would have lost more influential players from last season's team than the players who left the previous summer (Lallana aside).

If we continue to improve then that is some feat, whilst most of those around us are adding without the caveat of losing some of their top performers.

Hopefully more good recruitment to follow like last year.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Levy wouldn't be flying out if he didn't think the deal was possible (and had been given an indication that the player would join Spurs). He could be in Spain has he has other business to conduct (Spurs have been linked with a lot of La Liga players, and they also need to find buyers for a lot of their own dross), but I'm actually more encouraged that he has flown out there - £12m or so should be nothing for Spurs, so there are obviously some complexities to the deal that mean he needs to go out there and speak to Atletico. They could be him offering players as a part of the deal, for example.

If we don't get Toby, as long as it isn't for want of trying then that's fine.

I suspect that we will be out bid by Spurs. They seem happy enough to over spend while we aren't quite so happy to do so.

So be it. **** happens.

Not really if the numbers mentioned in reports are correct. £10-12m is a bargain rather than overpaying. Plus we can add on top their fee they gave us, just give it back.